A Thread for Small Questions for ADWD III

Xray the Enforcer

Continue.

Last post of the last thread:

Just for reference, did aDoD ever have mention anywhere in the final chapters of just how big Drogon has grown? And for that matter, Rhaegal and Viserion? Just a speculation on size would be nice, but if there's a tidbit I missed please point it out!

Why was Theon still a starvling even after getting out of the dungeon? I realize eating was difficult for him, but considering the fact that he ate live rats, he would plump himself up a little when given the chance. Once at Winterfell he wasn't deprived of food.

After Ramsay you mean? The only thing he got when he was with Ramsay (after he made him his creature) was whatever was left from the dogs, or whatever he could wrestle from them.

At Winterfell he had food, and while he wasn't starved anymore, he probably didn't have the opportunity to put on much weight. Also, the food he got at Winterfell wasn't that good. Mostly he didn't sit with the lords so he got whatever the common men got (porridge and not a lot of meat). I think he'll get better though.

Small question - I've read elsewhere on the forum speculation about a hooded grave-digger being Sandor. Where is this in the book? I don't recall a hooded grave-digger.

It's in AFFC, the chapter where Brienne and her companions travel to the Quiet Isle. There is a novice gravedigger there who keeps face hidden, has a limp, and is apparently well-liked by Dog.

Just to clarify, this topic is about any small questions?

I wasn't sure where to post in - still sort of new to this board system - but my pondering was this:

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Willas Tyrell down in Highgarden?

Is he really as unthreatening as he seems? Any conspiracy theories?

e.g. He's Azor Ahai reborn and is Jon's *real father* :lol whut:

I do jest, but honestly, with little POV insight in that area, one has to wonder, as we've seen what his relatives get up to in KL; he is a Tyrell, and well, every rose has its thorns. Wondering what Willas' secret might be. Or is he one big red herring.

[if I need to be redirected elsewhere with my question, just tell me]

Why was Theon still a starvling even after getting out of the dungeon? I realize eating was difficult for him, but considering the fact that he ate live rats, he would plump himself up a little when given the chance. Once at Winterfell he wasn't deprived of food.

It is described that he walked a lot. If you burn those calories each night and have trouble eating anyway ... it takes awhile before you don't look starved anymore I guess.

I'm looking for a specific GRRM interview in which one of the questions was "Are the Others evil?" and GRRM's answer to this was "You'll just have to wait and see". Something like that, anyway.

Idea, anyone?

On westeros.org, Citadel, So Spake Martin:

- Some questions April 2003

-Trinoc*Con 8 August 2007

It is described that he walked a lot. If you burn those calories each night and have trouble eating anyway ... it takes awhile before you don't look starved anymore I guess.

Not to mention that his teeth are broken and he can't chew. He has to mash his food, and can only suck on bits of meat.

In one of the early Tyrion chapters, where he is on the Shy Maid, Tyrion plays cyvasse against Halfmaester Haldon, with a wager that the loser must tell the winner "secrets". Tyrion apparently wins, but you don't see the "payout". Have we determined the secrets that the Halfmaester would have theoretically been obliged to tell Tyrion?

In one of the early Tyrion chapters, where he is on the Shy Maid, Tyrion plays cyvasse against Halfmaester Haldon, with a wager that the loser must tell the winner "secrets". Tyrion apparently wins, but you don't see the "payout". Have we determined the secrets that the Halfmaester would have theoretically been obliged to tell Tyrion?

I thought it was pretty clear that he told him Young Griff's true identity.

I thought it was pretty clear that he told him Young Griff's true identity.

Kinda what I figured, but I wasn't positive. On my first re-read of the full text (though I have already read the Davos, Jon and Winterfell/Theon chapters a half dozen times each for some reason) and am only now at the chapter I described above. I guess the Tyrion chapters didn't really stick with me the first time.

Ser Scott

1 Barristan knows, but i dont think he named him

2 Intriguing, also the reactions to it are very different, depending on where you come from. The wildlings, from a cold climate, seem to be most horrified by it

Archived