Such a tough read

7V3N

I keep seeing comments about AFFC being boring but, personally I loved it.

I loved all the stuff with Theon's uncles, loved all the Dorne stuff and I especially loved all the King's Landing stuff with Cersei.

I found some of the Brienne chapters quite boring and Arya's whole thing in Braavos was a bit dull but overall I really enjoyed it.

And dare I say it, I actually welcomed the break from the likes of Tyrion and Dany

A Feast with Dragons is the best way to read AFfC & ADwD by far! (or listen if you do the Audio route)

This is what I was going to suggest :thumbsup: I've been reading the series since just after ACoK was released so I didn't have the option of reading AFfC and ADwD together but I loved AFfC the first time I read it anyway ;)

This is what I was going to suggest :thumbsup: I've been reading the series since just after ACoK was released so I didn't have the option of reading AFfC and ADwD together but I loved AFfC the first time I read it anyway ;)

The first time through, I read the series in order that it was published...the main 5 books first, then the D&E, history novellas & TWoIaF. The second time through the main series I combined AFfC & ADwD and now I only consider it 4 books in the series! :D

The first time through, I read the series in order that it was published...the main 5 books first, then the D&E, history novellas & TWoIaF. The second time through the main series I combined AFfC & ADwD and now I only consider it 4 books in the series! :D

Yeah, when I get around to re-reading the series I will try reading the two simultaneously as AFfD (or whatever) :)

Re: Brienne, yes, I too found her chapters a bit slow... until I realised they were setting her up for an incredibly difficult moral/ethical dilemma. I don't know what I'd do if I were her at the point where the books ended... I can't see how she could live with herself whatever she chooses to do. So sad! So her chapters are definitely worthwhile... but they take a while to get to the destination.

Archived