The Martells

Knepah

Lol. Quentyn is supposed to be ugly, like a frog, not handsome. It's a pretty important factor in how is story arc plays out actually, since that is one of the prime reasons Dany doesn't want to marry him.

I don't think my actor is particularly good looking, add some pounds and make-up to accentuate his negative features and I think you have a winner.

Frog, the squire, was the youngest of the three, and the least impressive, a solemn, stocky lad, brown of hair and eye. His face was squarish, with a high forehead, heavy jaw, and broad nose. The stubble on his cheeks and chin made him look like a boy trying to grow his first beard.

He's too old at this point, but go look at a picture of Gael García Bernal. I'd swear that's who GRRM was describing. Here's one:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/conzpreti/foreign-actors-hollywood-should-be-paying-attention-to

He's too old at this point, but go look at a picture of Gael García Bernal. I'd swear that's who GRRM was describing. Here's one:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/conzpreti/foreign-actors-hollywood-should-be-paying-attention-to

LOL no. Gael Garcia Bernal is a pretty boy and (even though he's not my type) a popular heartthrob.

Better not tell the actual actor of Quentyn that you all wanted him, because he is ugly. That kid would be devastated ;)

quent: "so why did you all want me ? :) Because I studied in Oxford acting ? Because of me eyes ? Because I am pretty good at acting ? :)"

we: " Nah.. we wanted you because you were ugly."

:crying:

LOL no. Gael Garcia Bernal is a pretty boy and (even though he's not my type) a popular heartthrob.

I knew I'd get that reaction. ;-) He can be very good looking, I agree, but he can also dial that down. I'd say fully half of his attractiveness is his personality. An actor of his caliber can put that aside. And then put him next to a couple of guys on that page I linked (like Quentyn is when approaching Dany) and he could be very drab by comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

The Martells are really hard to cast, since Pascal looks more Southern European than Middle Eastern/Indian i think they should stay with that look for the others (Doran's wife is from Norvos, aren't those people white?). Luke Pasquliano can play Quentyn but he may be too much of a "pretty boy" so what about Sebastian De Souza (The Borgias, Skins)? Maybe Amber Rose Revah for Arianne and Ricardo Darín (I highly recommend the Argentine thriller "The Secret in Their Eyes") for Doran, but I don't think that he has ever been in an English-language production before.

The Martells are really hard to cast, since Pascal looks more Southern European than Middle Eastern/Indian i think they should stay with that look for the others (Doran's wife is from Norvos, aren't those people white?). Luke Pasquliano can play Quentyn but he may be too much of a "pretty boy" so what about Sebastian De Souza (The Borgias, Skins)? Maybe Amber Rose Revah for Arianne and Ricardo Darín (I highly recommend the Argentine thriller "The Secret in Their Eyes") for Doran, but I don't think that he has ever been in an English-language production before.

Has that ever been established on the show? They could make them darker skinned if they cast darker skinned actors as Arianne and Quentyn.

No, but we have had enough with the changes as it is now. If Oberyn looks like an average South European person, then that's the typical look of Salty Dornishmen, Arianne, Quentyn and Trystane may be even more light-skinned than Oberyn (and Doran off course) but then they would look like Kit Harington so someone like Sebastian De Souza would be an ideal choice for Quentyn.

• 5 weeks later...

Very interesting debate, i am glad that after i've read so many bad reviews on Quentyn Martell from readers of the book like " he is not interesting, he is a waste of time in the story...etc" and so many other things you guys all want the Martell family all appearing in the show, i've got to read only one good review about that character.

I am interested in your opinons and definitely support the idea that Martells should be from South Europe, Meditterranean would be great as i am planning on submitting for him. First time i hope i am "plain" enough to portray Quentyn. hahaha

I also agree that "ugly" and "plain" are two differents words, and from the beginning there is some differences between the books and the show and it seems that for the majority of us it works.

Anyone have an idea about the right actor's age for Quentyn Martell?

Well he shouldn't look older than 23 (Arianne's age) and should look younger than Arianne, so the plot with the "But I am the older child, he is your second child" works.

Well he shouldn't look older than 23 (Arianne's age) and should look younger than Arianne, so the plot with the "But I am the older child, he is your second child" works.

I guess he has to look similar in age to Danny and Jon/Robb. The actors are a bit older, but they play 18/19 year olds.

Arianne's actress can then be made a bit older than 23 irl. It wouldn't surprise me if they hired an actress who is 30 years old. Make-up can do wonders you know.

Archived