Cannot see or edit profile or settings - new user

Demojan777

On 11/24/11 I registered a new AFOIAF account, and received an email confirmation with nothing in the body titled "Account: Demojan777​, validated at A Forum of Ice and Fire" from [email protected], per documentation regarding new accounts I should now be able to complete my profile and change my settings, however once I log in every time I go to see or change my profile I receive the following error:

"[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Also, every time I go to view or change my settings, member lists, etc., I get the same type of error:

"[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information."

I replied to the confirmation email but have received no response, so I am posting this to see if there is any other way to get this fixed, if anyone has any suggestions or if there is someone else I should email please let me know, as I would like to add my profile info, upload avatar, etc.

Please, help!

Demojan777

I'm also in the same boat. I recently signed up, got an email saying my account was validated…but I’m not able to see my own or anyone else’s profiles, and I’m not able to PM anyone.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for your quick response!

However, after doing some poking around through the Help forum topic I actually found the answer myself. I'm such a bad person. I totally should have taken a better look through the Help topics before I posted.

(whacks self on head)

I'll do better next time, I swear! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived