Rate the fantasy series you have read

Lord Reek

Oh I forgot. I read the first book of those. I did kind of enjoy it. I'd rate it with a 6,5.

I think that if you continue on to the next books, you will like the series a bit more. The first book, although I liked it, was weaker than those after it IMO.

Maybe later. I am reading Happy Endings: Tales of a Meaty Breasted Zilch at the time, and am planning to read some more non-fiction after that and reread ADWD in Dutch after that and maybe even Lev Grosmann's new novel after that :D. So yeah, I'll keep it in mind if I run out of books ;).

Edit - read teh first Dresden, didn't hook me enough to continue.

If you stopped after the first book, you've missed the good stuff. I nearly gave up on the series myself after the first two....only kept going because everyone told me to. Starting with #3 they get much better. It's a really fun series.

And I'm not really interested. Just incredulous.

This board has many members that read 350+ books per year. Search for the how fast do you read thread if you want to know more, but don't call somebody a liar because you can't comprehend how fast they read. I wish I could read that fast too, but I'm too easily distracted by technology.

This board has many members that read 350+ books per year.  Search for the how fast do you read thread if you want to know more, but don't call somebody a liar because you can't comprehend how fast they read.  I wish I could read that fast too, but I'm too easily distracted by technology.

Ha! This happens to me at work all the time. Bring a couple books ready to tear through them, then 2 hours later, all I have done is laugh repeatedly at a hippo farting on YouTube. I'm pathetic.

Ha! This happens to me at work all the time. Bring a couple books ready to tear through them, then 2 hours later, all I have done is laugh repeatedly at a hippo farting on YouTube. I'm pathetic.

Yeah... I'm going to need that link. ;)

I cant remember if this was a recommend thread or not ;) but if you haven't read Wheel of Time then I suppose that you should. I would not rank ASoIaF as 10/10 and neither would I WoT, and even though the WoT series is very flawed in its way, its still a pretty awesome read.

150 books in a little more than 150 days? I don't believe you. That wouldn't even work if you have no school, work, social life, hobbies and sleep.

I used to read a book a day on summer break in high school. Hell, sometimes two.

It's sad that I don't know more than 75% of the authors and books spoken of on this board, but I am very familiar with the sharting hipppo.

@Mikael: Well I rated it 10/10 because IMO, it's the greatest thing ever created in entertainment (be it books, music, art, games or movies). It sounds kinda fanboyish and it totally is. I have heard terrible things about WOT so please elaborate on why I should read it because I'm not very temped to do so right now.

Archived