Paperback Release Date

Lady Littlefinger

Ah.......I'm now bracing myself for some tiny but annoying difference between this Australian version (which I've ordered) and the rest of my set. The cover certainly looks the same anyway. Thanks for all the replies.

Shouldnt really be this complicated to get a matching set of books on your shelf. :(

Yup. The picture of the cover on the amazon website isn't the correct one, what I received is the US version with the 'HBO series' banner across the top and the font matching the other US versions. :(

I'll keep it though, because 1) cant be arsed to send it back and 2) it is actually a good version, original maps from the hardback (including Westeros which wasn't in the UK version) and it's very compact and readable. Frankly it puts to shame the idea that it needs splitting, it's an inch and a half thick.

Of course now, I just know I'll be tempted to get the rest of the set like this, especially with the bonus of a complete paperback aSoS.

I need help, I'm addicted to buying aSoIaF books. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
name='TyrionsFlagon' timestamp='1335970880' post='3173792']

It comes out August 28th in the US. It's on the Bantam website.

But didn't George say that the paperback version is coming out in July? I definately thpught it was July.

August 28th is to long of a wait from now. AAACCK

• 1 month later...

That's a link to the audio book, and I didn't see a date on there.

Looks like the date Amazon has listed is still 8/23/12 for the US edition.

Uh, that's not the right book...

Anyone have any concrete news on this? Only reason I can think of for a delay is to release it right before season 3 in an attempt to generate more hype, however weak of a reason it may seem.

EDIT: Amazon says March, damn

http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Dragons-Song-Fire-Book/dp/055338595X/ref=pd_sim_b_5

March may be true, to coincide with the start of the next season of the TV series.

In which case, clucking bell - GRRM had better give us a new chapter on his website soon to keep us going until then.

Don't really understand why there's such a massive delay when this looks identical.

Wow, I'm going to buy the Hardcover. I can't wait until March. Fuck that.

Pretty obvious why, isn't it ? :)

The more people reading the books after series, and probably more people started reading them after S2 ended. Now, those people will be done with AFFC eventually and will want to buy ADWD...better to delay cheap version I guess. (Even Kindle version cost more than MMPB.)

Guess we should whine on Not a Blog for our PROMISED for July TWOW chapter. (since I never got parents' PROMISED pony)

The more people reading the books after series, and probably more people started reading them after S2 ended. Now, those people will be done with AFFC eventually and will want to buy ADWD...better to delay cheap version I guess. (Even Kindle version cost more than MMPB.)

Guess we should whine on Not a Blog for our PROMISED for July TWOW chapter. (since I never got parents' PROMISED pony)

Yeah fuck Kindle; I rather have these books in physical. Hardcover is heavy for me to carry around in the train but I rather just start reading it ASAP

I believe they may have moved the US release to March 2013

Citation http://www.randomhou...n/9780553385953

I just noticed that on the Amazon website too. I'm crushed... I thought a new Winds chapter was just around the corner. The new release date is right around the due date for our next child, so at least I'll have 2 things to celebrate in March!! But still, this anticipation is killing me. I'm really hoping that the show nipping at his heels with light a fire under gurm's feet.

Well if you're waiting for the Winds chapter then fair enough, but if you just want the convenience of a paperback the one I linked to is IDENTICAL to the previous MM paperbacks. Which is why I don't understand the wait, when an identical product already exists. Maybe I'm just underestimating how important the Winds chapter is to some people, I personally don't like the idea of finally getting Winds and flicking through some chapters cos I've already read them, might ruin the flow somewhat.

Well if you're waiting for the Winds chapter then fair enough, but if you just want the convenience of a paperback the one I linked to is IDENTICAL to the previous MM paperbacks. Which is why I don't understand the wait, when an identical product already exists. Maybe I'm just underestimating how important the Winds chapter is to some people, I personally don't like the idea of finally getting Winds and flicking through some chapters cos I've already read them, might ruin the flow somewhat.

Well thank you. I ordered it and it looks like it really matches my previous US MM paperbacks. I already read the book from Kindle, I just have to see them all matching on my shelf :) I will be able to read TWOW chapter from internet anyway ;)

Well thank you. I ordered it and it looks like it really matches my previous US MM paperbacks. I already read the book from Kindle, I just have to see them all matching on my shelf :) I will be able to read TWOW chapter from internet anyway ;)

Welcome. I'm was also very happy that the maps are the original hardback ones, not the old style ones. As much as I love my slipcase editions, it REALLY bugs me that the maps don't match up (Slavers Bay in aGoT? Why do they keep including this is so many different editions?).

Ughhhhh and I was really looking forward to this.

I don't think the reason for the delay was the TV show (it's already so freaking popular), I think it's more likely that George hasn't finished the chapter he wants to put in there.

Archived