Favourite Sand Snake ?

Arkash

If Sarella is really Alleras, then her.

Tyene is too treacherous and deceitful for her own good. Though an incredible lay, I'm sure.

Obara is just annoying-- she's the Ser Patrek of Dorne.

Lady Nym is my pick. Preferably with the Fowler twins, but she seems aristocratic, clever and aggressive. Sure she's hungry for war, but her father's just been killed and she's not in command. If she were Princess of Dorne, her decisions might be very different because she'd bear the responsibility.

Though as has been pointed out, none have gotten more than a paragraph or two.

Sarella/Alleras/The Sphinx; I appreciate her love of learning and her good-natured, frienly personality; she is one of the few people from the books I think I could befriend (I like a lot Davos Seaworth, Lord Wyman Manderly, Edmure Tully, Garland Tyrell, and the Reed kids, but I have very little in common with them, and I think I couldn´t be their friend, except maybe with the Reed kids, if they were older)...I can imagine her chatting with us all here in this forum, commenting and debating our especultions on the next book...

The other Sandsnakes are a bit too bidimensional...they seem as if they were purposelly trying to look cool in front of the readers, rather than being real women speaking to their uncle about something important....

The other Sandsnakes are a bit too bidimensional...they look as if they were purposelly trying to look cool in front of the readers, rather than being real women speaking to their uncle about something important....

Good point. But I think GRRM actually wrote them to each reflect a different aspect of Oberyn Martell. He's one of the most complex characters in the series: a renaissance man, but not a Mary Sue. Obella represents Oberyn the warrior, Tyene is Oberyn the plotter, Lady Nym is his princely aspect, and by all accounts Sarella is his scholarly bent.

As they get more screen time, I think we'll see more to them.

BTW I propose that we call them Sand Snacks from now on.

The other Sandsnakes are a bit too bidimensional...they look as if they were purposelly trying to look cool in front of the readers, rather than being real women speaking to their uncle about something important....

I think you just put my thoughts into words. There was always something unreal that was bugging me about the Sand Snakes. They just felt forced and unreal infront of the camera. As if they were just putting up an act.

Good point. But I think GRRM actually wrote them to each reflect a different aspect of Oberyn Martell. He's one of the most complex characters in the series: a renaissance man, but not a Mary Sue. Obella represents Oberyn the warrior, Tyene is Oberyn the plotter, Lady Nym is his princely aspect, and by all accounts Sarella is his scholarly bent.

As they get more screen time, I think we'll see more to them.

we only seen very little of them but I hope that during the next few books we discover they are more complex than that, I rather read about them than have some more dany whinning or future cersi mad laughter that promise vengeance.

I think you just put my thoughts into words. There was always something unreal that was bugging me about the Sand Snakes. They just felt forced and unreal infront of the camera. As if they were just putting up an act.

It's not like they've had enough screen time. Most of what we know from them comes from rumors... and you know how rumors are. At least from Tyrion's talk with Oberyn we know how much speculation there is into what others say.

• 5 months later...

for me tyene!! all the others, if you were to look at them, you would instantly think "warrior" from the way they present themselves and personality wise too, but with tyene, she uses her sweet innocent persona to her advantage, but in reality she is just as dangerous as the others, perhaps even more so!!

note: i personally think she could be the young beautiful queen to surpass cersei

Surprisingly it's between Sarella and Obara for me. Sarella has been mentioned a lot of times so about Obara

I think that she is one of the more realistic Sand Snake's you can feel her anger at men in the way she treats her horse, her anger at her mother in a way she speaks of her without respect, her anger at the where place she was born - Oldtown. Her anger at everything that probably hides anger at herself and not enough self respect. Out of her sisters only she is not beautiful, extremely intelligent or extraordinary skilled, her mother was no noblewoman but a whore that drank herself to death. She some character shares aspects with Brienne - she is a butch woman, the Hound - constant anger, Ramsay - loathing towards weak mother and even Stannis - living in the shadow of her more flashy siblings.

Archived