Possible tWOW prologues.

sweet_cersei

I'd love a prologue about Balon Swann, Obara and the Darkstar, but it wouldnt respect the patern! :s

Someone should try asking him if he plans on respecting the pattern one of those days! ^^

Worth asking the question even if, of course, it wont be answered! ^^

It would respect the north-south-north-south pattern. In my opinion the Maester pattern isn't quite obvious enough to form a proper pattern. I guess because there's no opposite half to it unlike with the north/south pattern. So say if it went like Faceless man/maester and back and forth that would be pretty obvious. But hey, it could take place from the POV of a maester accompanying them. Maybe he gets nicked by Obara's poison spear or something.

If a maester goes with them, yeah, that would rock... but in my mind, there is just Obara and Swann hunting Darkstar...

But, a while ago, I've thought that maybe Areo will go with them and the hunt will be told from his point of view, but I guess I'm wrong !

If a maester goes with them, yeah, that would rock... but in my mind, there is just Obara and Swann hunting Darkstar...

But, a while ago, I've thought that maybe Areo will go with them and the hunt will be told from his point of view, but I guess I'm wrong !

Well we do have Areo speculating about when he'll have to kill Balon and though I can't remember his accompanying them being mentioned in the watcher chapter it's possible. Hell that might even make Areo's chapters halfway decent if he's doing something cool. And maybe he'll even die.

Well we do have Areo speculating about when he'll have to kill Balon and though I can't remember his accompanying them being mentioned in the watcher chapter it's possible. Hell that might even make Areo's chapters halfway decent if he's doing something cool. And maybe he'll even die.

Yeah, good catch, strongly possible that the hunt will be narrated via Areo during the book, which would let the prologue free for something else !

Whatever the prologue is it won't be at the Wall, the Theon chapter takes place before Jon's stabbing and will be early in TWOW. It might follow the pattern but I can see Martin not doing that if he wanted to show something important. There are so many storylines going that need attention and the prologue could be a good place to progress them, like the Darkstar hunt, Cersei's trial, Sansa in the vale with the undercover knight/bard there, Sam in the Citadel...

I feel like there are too many unanswered questions people have about the current situation at Castle Black, you know what with Jon Snow dying and all. The prologue is going to be somebody in that aftermath;maybe Melisandre? Or maybe someone in the NW who are at Hardhome (it would be interesting to see a POV into someone whos not aware of their Lord Commander's predicament.

I feel like there are too many unanswered questions people have about the current situation at Castle Black, you know what with Jon Snow dying and all. The prologue is going to be somebody in that aftermath;maybe Melisandre? Or maybe someone in the NW who are at Hardhome (it would be interesting to see a POV into someone whos not aware of their Lord Commander's predicament.

Unlikely TBH. The prologues have allways gone north/south/north/south/north before and we've just had a north one. Also from the released Theon chapter it seems as though the beginning of TWOW overlaps with the end of ADWD, with the Theon chapter seemingly taking place before the pink letter was even sent. And besides we already have Melisandre and (once he's ressurected.) Jon at The Wall. The prologues and epilogues generally take place in areas were there is no other POV's or to give private information.

Someone in the battle of Meereen, story would be better served if the first we saw of a dragon in combat was from the receiving end, and the prologue is the only way to do it. The fighting, the confidence of victory, then the confusion, discovering the confusion is a dragon, the panic as the forces break in fear of drogon, then confrontation and getting Quentyn'd. Alternatively it could end by the POV escaping to the boats, only realising the Iron fleet are coming the other way when they're rammed and some crazy bastard in full armor with a smoking sword hand jumps aboard and starts collecting heads 2 at a time. It was so awesome the first time that I wouldn't mind a second serve.

I'm still thinking Greywater Watch would be the best place. Howland Reed is the only living person confirmed to have witnessed the events at the Tower of Joy (nothing explicitly places Wylla there, even if it's a fairly reasonable idea), and therefore the only person able to confirm or deny R+L=J. In addition, Robb's will is most likely at Greywater Watch, meaning Howland Reed is also aware of Robb's chosen successor (and even has two witnesses to back him up).

On top of all that, as a crannogman who's visited the Isle of Faces (one of the most, if not the most, sacred places in t

he faith of the Old Gods), who knows what sort of old powers Howland Reed has knowledge of.

So potentially we have a Lord with possible knowledge of both Jon Snow's parentage and who the next legitimate King in the North is. He is still openly declared for House Stark, and is likely the most powerful Lord still doing so. He may also have knowledge of powerful and unknown First Men/Children of the Forest magic.

I would say that has some pretty massive plot implications and could easily set the tone for the book that followed.

If we insist on killing off the PoV, just have it from the perspective of some prisoner nabbed by the crannogmen. Howland Reed can execute him on the way out to do whatever it is he's planning on doing.

How about a Frey? We can never kill enough Freys.

If prologues continue to show some magical aspects, my most likely candidates are :

1) Marwyn (already mentioned here) : it'd show the inner point of view on a kind of magic we barely know (or we don't at all, if it's not the same blood magic Mirri used).

2) A faceless man in Braavos : we already have Pate killed by a faceless man, but not the inner point of view of one of them. Plus there's two prologues about the Others, why not two about faceless men ?

3) Galbart Glover or Maege Mormont finally reaching Greywatcher (without Howland Reed there ! That would be a twist). Some knowledge about crannogmen and the magic surrounding the place itself would be welcomed.

Aeron should be here as a pov to give us some clues about the Drown God's powers, if any (even if as for now, the subjet is a little bit blurry), so we don't need a prologue about it.

I also considered the hypothesis of a Dragonstone pov, like some of you here, but who (Pylos ?) and about what exactly ? I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem relevent. I think we've the last of dragons with Dany's.

Emmon Frey or some other Frey loyalist at Riverrun getting killed by Tom O'Sevens when he opens the gates to let in the BWB.

I think there are some suggestions that the prologue would be from Daven Lannister, during his wedding to a Frey and the BwB does their own version of the RW. Which would be awesome, but it doesn't follow the pattern.

Archived