Jamie Wants Breannie

TheZone

Though I do agree wholeheartedly with the anti-cersei thing, I do not think they will end up together, nor will they have a moment of passion. One, or more likely both given GRRM`s inkling to killing major characters, will end up dead.

I am however constantly amazed at how people seem to quick to forgive and forget Jaime`s past.

He is trying to make amends and become a better person, sure, but he did kill the king he swore to protect, mad man or not, and worst of all, pushed Bran out the window. And as pointed before, the only reason he is trying to become a better person is that he can no longer be the person he was, no sword hand and all that jazz.

I wonder if Bran had died from the fall if the overall feeling would still be the same.

As far as killing the king he was sworn to protect:

Once you find out why, I don't think you can really blame him. Aerys was going to burn down King's Landing, killing everyone inside its walls, rather than let Robert have it. Jamie himself often says how ironic it is that he is hated for what he considers to be his finest act. He saved all those lives by killing one man. And he also speaks o the conflic those vows create - a member of the kingsguard swears to protect the king, the queen, the innocent...but what happens when the king wants to burn the innocent, or beat and rape the queen, etc...what does the kingsguard do then?

Hello :)

This is my first post on the boards after lurking a few days. I'm new the series (just finished ASOS, haven't watch the series yet) and I didn't expect to like Jaime as much as I did in this book. Brienne as well. Very much surprised. Am I shipping them? Oh ya...but I really only see close friends. That said, I'm wondering why GRRM tosses in comments like Jaime's reaction to her in the tub, his comments on her eyes and gentleness if he doesn't plan on taking it further.

My take on Jaime is one of naiviete. He's only been in love with one woman, only had any sexual experience with one woman. He might talk a bit talk, but our boy is pretty inexperienced. I bet he doesn't understand what is going on either. :)

I'm nearly done AFOC's now and I'm still not convinced they are couple material but they are most certainly thinking hard about each other. She's fallen for him completly.

I just hope one doesn't betray the other in some way. That will really piss me off :(

I'm nearly done AFOC's now and I'm still not convinced they are couple material but they are most certainly thinking hard about each other. She's fallen for him completly.

I just hope one doesn't betray the other in some way. That will really piss me off :(

Yes

and

it's just my opinion on it, but prepare to be pissed off

I find the slowly evolving Jamie-Brienne relationship one of the most interesting parts of the books. Jamie's love for Cersei is slowly becoming more platonic and less sexual while Brienne is slowly becoming the target of his subconscious sexual desire. She represents everything he aspires to be, particularly after his incident with Hoat: strong, honorable, loyal, chivalrous.

Archived