114 replies to this topic

#41 Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ros sucks, if they replace Allayala with her or any other girl character introduced in the books with her I will be extremely pissed...what if she replaced Margary Tyrell or Lollys instead and Ros got raped in the riot? Why not just make her queen?

I'm pretty sure they are making her queen. That's kind of a spoiler.

#42 irishtemper

irishtemper

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm pretty sure they are making her queen. That's kind of a spoiler.

lol what book was that from where some whore called out "I'm the queen of whores."

#43 The Crowned Griffin

The Crowned Griffin

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

From this article posted in another thread: http://www.denofgeek...es_blurays.html

Prostitute Ros was originally supposed to be included in one scene, but Benioff and Weiss are obviously fans: "she's so much fun to watch that she's become a relatively major character in season two", the explained. Sexploitation obviously pays off!

Major character

/eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' />

#44 atia-

atia-

of the julii

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Major character

/eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' />

This is terrible..just terrible. If they want to have her at all the brothels naked for some background eye-candy or whatever and she says a word or two every now and then, that's fine. But MAJOR CHARACTER??? NO!!!! The Blackfish is cut but Ros is a major character? OMG!!

#45 Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren

Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren

Council Member

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Ros is one of my least favorite characters of the show, I would have preffered if she did not exist at all.

#46 Plem

Plem

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

I do wonder what the writers see in her. Maybe they just like the actress and want to give her a lot to do, because for the life of me I can't figure out what's so special about the character. It's not like she's a fan favorit or anything.

#47 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Wallflower

• Members
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Ros sucks, if they replace Allayala with her or any other girl character introduced in the books with her I will be extremely pissed...what if she replaced Margary Tyrell or Lollys instead? Why not just make her queen?

I think that replacing Alayaya or any other prostitute with Ros might be the only possible reasonable reason to keep her. If she is in, she might as well do something that has a purpose in the story.

#48 irishtemper

irishtemper

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think that replacing Alayaya or any other prostitute with Ros might be the only possible reasonable reason to keep her. If she is in, she might as well do something that has a purpose in the story.

How do you do spoiler tags?

Because if she takes over for Allayala, at least I will get the satisfaction of seeing her get punished in Clash of Kings (or was it in SoS)?

#49 atia-

atia-

of the julii

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

This...if that is her place in the show, then that is totally fine with me! I just don't want an entire storyline for a made-up character. It's not like there is a lack of characters to use from the book or something.

#50 mor2

mor2

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Ros or Alice same ol' same ol'

Edited by mor2, 04 March 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#51 Winter's Lady

Winter's Lady

Spearwife in Disguise

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I just read someone's suggestion that she might take over Jeyne Poole /eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' /> Makes sense if you think about it.
Spoiler

Me no likey. /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

OTOH how would they do the whole
Spoiler
thing then? /dunno.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dunno:' />

edited to make it less spoilery

Edited by Lady of Oldcastle, 04 March 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#52 atia-

atia-

of the julii

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, my head was hurting trying to figure all that out. I am not seeing how Ros the experienced whore can play Jeyne Poole, the innocent young girl turned into a whore. Plus, like you mentioned Lady, I don't see how the Arya thing would work.

Edited by dannister, 04 March 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#53 Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

I just read someone's suggestion that she might take over Jeyne Poole /eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' /> Makes sense if you think about it.

Spoiler

That's actually not bad, since they would want someone who
Spoiler

#54 Dennai

Dennai

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

That's actually not bad, since they would want someone who

Spoiler

I can't see that happening. Besides the reasons already stated, Ros was clearly the most popular worker in Winterfell's brothel. We know nobles enjoyed her time and skills: Tyrion and Theon did it, Jon got cold feet at the last minute and very probably Robb had a taste too. With those antecedents, I think we can safely asume that some of the Starks' sworn lords paid her a visit whenever they came to Winterfell. I think she's too much of a celebrity back in the North to make that plot work.
However if the showrunners decide to stretch our suspension of belief and go for it, there's something good that can came out of it:
Spoiler

#55 Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I can't see that happening. Besides the reasons already stated, Ros was clearly the most popular worker in Winterfell's brothel. We know nobles enjoyed her time and skills: Tyrion and Theon did it, Jon got cold feet at the last minute and very probably Robb had a taste too. With those antecedents, I think we can safely asume that some of the Starks' sworn lords paid her a visit whenever they came to Winterfell. I think she's too much of a celebrity back in the North to make that plot work.

Yeah, but as I was saying above, it doesn't have to be 100% believable.
Spoiler

#56 Arrogant Bastard

Arrogant Bastard

Council Member

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I don't really think that would work at all, mainly because Ros is simply too old for it to work.
Spoiler

#57 The Bastard of Bolton

The Bastard of Bolton

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

She blew the crew.
It is known.

#58 atia-

atia-

of the julii

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

It still seems a stretch....the actress that plays Arya is 14 and the actress that plays Ros is 30....that would just be dumb.

#59 HenrikLannister

HenrikLannister

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

I feel like I should point out, in a show large as GoT, "major character" can mean a lot of things. And in the context of being said about Ros, I really interpreted that quote as meaning she's simply more prevalent than the writers originally planned for her to be.

I think it's very likely that she replaced Alayaya, which personally won't bother me as much as it seems to bother others in the thread. I can understand the disappointment, but personally it's not a big deal to me that Alayaya is in the show. The one problem I find in her replacing Alayaya is that Ros works for one of Littlefinger's brothels on the show, but Chataya's isn't owned by him. Logically, if in the show Littlefinger owned Chataya's, he'd know that Tyrion went there to give patronage to Alayaya/Ros, which would blow Tyrion's cover that he is using the brothel to secretly visit Shae. Then again, I'm probably over thinking it...

#60 TheEvilKing

TheEvilKing

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Can't wait for the love triangle between Robb, Ros and Jeyne Lannister.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ros, Season2, Casting