Best Aegon is a Blackfyre insane-evidence EVER

jurble

• 1 year later...

I'd agree with this, except that Illyrio told Tyrion that he actually expected Dany to die in the Dothraki Sea, and hatching the dragon eggs was a fluke. I think the plan adapted over time, but every time it did, Aegon was always the main focus, not Dany.

1. Send Dany and Viserys with the Dothraki to get rid of them. Dany survives and could get her husband to invade Westeros. Proceed to ...

2. Let the Dothraki and Robert decimate each other, leaving both sides weakened. Aegon swoops in and saves the day. Drogo dies before this happens and Dany goes to Slaver's Bay. Proceed to ...

3. Send Aegon to Slaver's Bay to try to win Dany and her dragons to his side. This is still about Aegon being king, even though he wants to win Dany's support and the dragons, plus her sheen of legitimacy. But Aegon says no, I want to go to Westeros. Proceed to ...

4. Aegon takes Storm's End, declares himself and, apparently, does his best to snap up the support of the powerful bannermen. If he's successful, he doesn't even need Dany anymore, and if people believe he's real, his claim trumps hers anyway.

So while the plan may have shifted based on realities, it was always about Aegon, not Dany.

If the plan all along was to put a Blackfyre on the Throne if they succeed will they keep the ploy that Aegon is a Targ or come out as a Blackfyre? To me it seems if they wanted a Blackfyre on the throne why not tell everyone its a Blackfyre, creating a new Dynasty. If they do that though his claim is nothing when compared to Daenarys.

If the plan all along was to put a Blackfyre on the Throne if they succeed will they keep the ploy that Aegon is a Targ or come out as a Blackfyre? To me it seems if they wanted a Blackfyre on the throne why not tell everyone its a Blackfyre, creating a new Dynasty. If they do that though his claim is nothing when compared to Daenarys.

Good questions. I've wondered about these things, too. I think one possibility could be that this is where marrying fAegon to Dany comes in. That would be joining the two lines that have vied for the throne for so long. Also, if they are successful fAegon could simply declare/reveal himself a Blackfyre when his position and power are secure if he chose to. Who could/would say/do anything against it then? :dunno:

I'd agree with this, except that Illyrio told Tyrion that he actually expected Dany to die in the Dothraki Sea, and hatching the dragon eggs was a fluke. I think the plan adapted over time, but every time it did, Aegon was always the main focus, not Dany.

1. Send Dany and Viserys with the Dothraki to get rid of them. Dany survives and could get her husband to invade Westeros. Proceed to ...

2. Let the Dothraki and Robert decimate each other, leaving both sides weakened. Aegon swoops in and saves the day. Drogo dies before this happens and Dany goes to Slaver's Bay. Proceed to ...

3. Send Aegon to Slaver's Bay to try to win Dany and her dragons to his side. This is still about Aegon being king, even though he wants to win Dany's support and the dragons, plus her sheen of legitimacy. But Aegon says no, I want to go to Westeros. Proceed to ...

4. Aegon takes Storm's End, declares himself and, apparently, does his best to snap up the support of the powerful bannermen. If he's successful, he doesn't even need Dany anymore, and if people believe he's real, his claim trumps hers anyway.

So while the plan may have shifted based on realities, it was always about Aegon, not Dany.

• 5 months later...

I can buy most of this. Adding on to what someone else mentioned, Varys may be Serra's brother. Think about it. Both were born slaves in Lys, both have connections to Illyrio. I think Varys told Illyrio about his sister still working in a Lyseni pillowhouse and Illyrio bought her and brought her to his house and married and freed her. A Pentoshi cheesemonger did not accidentally find a Lyseni bedslave that he liked so much he decided to keep her. This would seem to account for the "debt of affection" he owes to Varys. It would probably discount the idea that Illyrio and Serra were fAegon's parents, but he could still be a Blackfyre. Judging from the amount of evidence that has been presented for this, I don't think that would really come out of nowhere. As to Varys being a Blackfyre, probably not. First off, the whole testes thing does not make him royal. The spell was for king's blood not king's testes, and Mel probably didnt actually do any magic with king's blood, she pretended. My two cents.

Archived