7 replies to this topic

#1 coalstrawbean

coalstrawbean

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

This episode featured a scene that wasn't in the novel with Jaime having a conversation with Jon. Does anyone else feel like these two characters will meet again somewhere down the line in future episodes/books? The showrunners had a tight ten hours to work with and I can't imagine them adding new scenes frivolously. Though it may have just been a treat to the fans who haven't seen these two beloved characters interact in the books. Jaime was acting like a smug jerk/creep towards Jon and I feel like eventually Jon might put him in his place somehow. Thoughts?

#2 jons nissa

jons nissa

wearing my armor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

i have wondered why this scene was included. it didn't do much for the either character's story line.

#3 Hear me Meow

Hear me Meow

kitty of death

• Members
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I liked it!

Well sort of.

It played into the theme about oaths and honour, with Jaime's description of the NW paralleling his own experience in the kingsguard.

Shame Jon looked so thick throughout the whole thing but that's the perennial.

#4 Masamune

Masamune

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Like most of the embellishments in S1, this was one that I enjoyed.

I love the awkward mano y mano moment and Jaime's rather sarcastic quip about the Night's Watch being an "elite force", which is entirely lost on Jon at this point.

#5 Baratheon Badassery

Baratheon Badassery

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

It's alllllllllllllllll about character Development, Every Bit. Every Single Bit of added dialogue, Every made up scene. Because In the world Of screen writing they have to add stuff in to show off a character.

#6 Hear me Meow

Hear me Meow

kitty of death

• Members
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's alllllllllllllllll about character Development, Every Bit. Every Single Bit of added dialogue, Every made up scene. Because In the world Of screen writing they have to add stuff in to show off a character.

Take it you didn't watch season 2 then?

#7 Baratheon Badassery

Baratheon Badassery

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

Take it you didn't watch season 2 then?

T_T

#8 Zerrex

Zerrex

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

They probably just wanted to establish Jaime more as a character. Including a major character like Jon doesn't hurt either. If I recall correctly Jaime has a ridiculously low amount of screen time in S1/S2 so they probably thought it required to familiarize everyone with him.