One Thing I Have Noticed....

Lady Eireanne Stark

Became a squire at 11, won his first tournament melee at 13, knighted at 13 by Ser Arthur Dayne, Kingsguard at 15, Kingslayer at 17 FYI. From the Wiki.

That even more so makes me think what I said previously. To win a tournament melee at 13...theres's no chance a 6th or 7th grade kid could out duel a full grown man haha.

I have noticed that a fair few people are up in arms at the fact that Sansa is only 13 and is married off to Tyrion who then gets 'turned on' by her lying naked on the marital bed. These same people also say that The hound is a pervert because he fancies Sansa and then there is the creepyness of Littlefinger.

The thing is no-one says anything about Dany and Khal Drogo regardless of the fact that Dany is 13 or 14 in the books when she is essentially sold to Khal Drogo. He then proceeds to rape her continually until eventually they fall in love.

So I guess my question is is why is it acceptable in Dany and Drogo and not with Sansa? :)

Does he "rape" her?

When a girl/woman uses the word "yes" I'm pretty sure rape is off the table.

That's one striking difference between the books and the tv show, on the show everyone is older. In the book Ned is described as 34 years old. Sean Bean is clearly meant to look older than that.

In the book GOT it is mentioned that he is 30. It is totally acceptable in this world for grown men to sleep with just "flowered" girls. They were considered mature and ready for marriage. Tyrion being aroused by a beautiful young naked woman in his bed does not make him a pervert. It shows he had character by not forcing himself on her which he certainly could have and had the right to do as her husband in that world.

Do you mean that Tyrion is 30 in GoT? Where in the book does it say this? I calculate his age as being 23 at the start of GoT. We get this from:

Jaime is 17 when he killed Aerys.

That was 15 years ago at the start of GoT (17 in the HBO series)

Therefore Jaime is 32.

Jaime was 9 when Tyrion was born (mentioned several times, I think, but I remember Oberyn mentioning it to Tyrion in his reminiscences about meeting Cersei and Tyrion just after Tyrion was born)

Therefore, Tyrion is 23. By the time he marries Sansa, approx 18 months - 2 years have passed, so he would be 25.

Well, the Hound was a pervert, but he actually didn't rape Sansa when he could have easily done so. Tyrion had some sexual pains for Sansa at first, but when deflowering a child as soon as she is ready in GRRM's world is totally normal, I don't see how that's strange at all to feel that way for a beautiful young woman like Sansa. I'll admit, I found him slightly more creepy afterwards, but I forgave him when he decided to not do that with her unless she truly desired him. As far as I remember, Drogo spent quite awhile seducing Dany and she is the one that said, "yes." And Littlefinger....well, he's just creepy.

It may seem weird by our modern patterns, but either in GRRM's world as in our's Middle Age times a women of 13 was already a grown women and ready for bed if she already bled, it was very common to see a young girl with a older man.

It may seem weird by our modern patterns, but either in GRRM's world as in our's Middle Age times a women of 13 was already a grown women and ready for bed if she already bled, it was very common to see a young girl with a older man.

It's obvious that most fantasy novels like this are based in what is similar to the medieval world that occurred here. Not only did young women like Sansa marry older men but it was usually for the economic or social benefit rather than the actual emotional wants of the two involved, much like in ASOIAF.

It's obvious that most fantasy novels like this are based in what is similar to the medieval world that occurred here. Not only did young women like Sansa marry older men but it was usually for the economic or social benefit rather than the actual emotional wants of the two involved, much like in ASOIAF.

Yeah! If the books were set in the modern-era, then all of these men would be very, very creepy, indeed. But it was just so different back then.

And also, many of the things that we do today would creep THEM out as well, I'm sure.

"Even on our earth, years have nothing to do with the seasons, or with the cycles of the moon"

Is it just me or does that sound like bollocks? I'm totally willing to accept that Westeros is a strange place, and that magic/other stuff may influence the length of the seasons, but if I remember my astronomy modules at university correctly, the tilt of the earth's axis is directly influenced by the earth's position in its orbit around the sun. If it wasn't, we'd pretty quickly get seasons falling out of sync with the calendar year and British winters would happen in June instead of December.

Archived