The Blackfish

crown of gold

I still think most likely the Blackfish will head towards Braavos and try to locate Arya for Lady Stark while hooking up with Men without Banners. Problem will be know one knows exactly where Arya would of gone too but someone with MWB will remember that when the last time they saw Arya was in the company of Gendry and Pot Pie. I could see one of the boy mentioning to Blackfish how they met Arya and about JH giving a coin to Arya which leads to Braavos.

I rather think Blackfish went to Greywater Watch. He is one of the few people who knew Robb sent envoys there. He also know Jon was named heir to Robb. He will be trying to act on what he knows and Greywater Watch is a good place to hide.

I doubt he knows that Stoneheart was formerly Cat. I don't see how he would have learned that. And he was never the hugest fan of Lysa either, so I suspect not the Vale.

I rather think Blackfish went to Greywater Watch. He is one of the few people who knew Robb sent envoys there. He also know Jon was named heir to Robb. He will be trying to act on what he knows and Greywater Watch is a good place to hide.

I doubt he knows that Stoneheart was formerly Cat. I don't see how he would have learned that. And he was never the hugest fan of Lysa either, so I suspect not the Vale.

Does he know where it is?

I think that is a fairly good guess. At the end he ultimately served Rob above all others and has a strong sense of duty.

I see the Blackfish showing up in time to slap some sense into his niece before she makes Jaime and Brienne do something crazy to each other. I think even zombie Cat will listen to her uncle.

Me too. I think UnCat has a role to play other than being a revenge filled zombie. If that is all she is, or can be, why did the Lord of Light bring her back? In exchange for Beric? If that's all she is, then all she does is serve as an example of the dangers of bringing someone back after they are dead for too long. Plus it weakens the BwB, and the Lord of Light's cause, if their priests are seen to be bringing undead monsters into the world, it won't help recruiting.

Not sure he has a high opinion on Jon as when Jamie tells him Jon is LC on the wall BF assumes the lannisters made that happen.Maybe when he learns Jon had his sister taken from WF and is now working against the Freys Boltons he will join up with him

The Blackfish has Cats opinion of Jon, because he does not know any better. The only two realistic places he will show up are with TBWB or the Vale. He is a man on the run with an agenda, he needs allies that he can find relatively easy and who know him.

He does not know the Reeds, or how they might receive him.

The Blackfish has Cats opinion of Jon, because he does not know any better. The only two realistic places he will show up are with TBWB or the Vale. He is a man on the run with an agenda, he needs allies that he can find relatively easy and who know him.

Agreed. And of the two, I'd say the Vale is the more likely.

If he is there, is there a chance he could end up involved in the Jaime/Brienne plot in some way? If Catelyn wants Jaime dead, but he demands a trial by combat, could it end up as him clashing with Brienne, for example?

Actually he must have met them at some point over the years don't you think? They are lords of adjacent territories. Not having been to GW is not the same as never having met the Reeds.

And, he knows Robb sent envoys there. He has a clear reason to go.

Actually he must have met them at some point over the years don't you think? They are lords of adjacent territories. Not having been to GW is not the same as never having met the Reeds.

And, he knows Robb sent envoys there. He has a clear reason to go.

He knows Robb sent envoys, but then again Robb has been betrayed. A man like the Blackfish is not going to wander into the unknown. TBWB have been killing Freys and fighting the Lannisters, that is a known fact, and he knows all the Lords of the Vale and knows which ones would be sympathetic to his plight, another fact. He might have met Howland Reed during the rebellion, but he was also part of the party that brought back Jon, someone the Blackfish does not like because of Cat.

Not saying its not possible, but there are too many unknowns, and for a man like the Blackfish he needs known atm.

Could the Blackfish be going to Bronze Yohn Royce? I don't see him going to Greywater Watch.. he's not a Northmen and he sent two men to the wall so, seemingly that's his coverage for up in that neck of the woods.

He hates Lord Walder with a passion and needs to be south and close enough to rescue Edmure and protect Jeyne. Can he trust the Royces? does he trust them?

I just feel there are two many characters showing up with the Brotherhood and too many supposedly going to Greywater watch.. would be lame to funnel another there.. George wouldn't be so lame

Could the Blackfish be going to Bronze Yohn Royce? I don't see him going to Greywater Watch.. he's not a Northmen and he sent two men to the wall so, seemingly that's his coverage for up in that neck of the woods.

He hates Lord Walder with a passion and needs to be south and close enough to rescue Edmure and protect Jeyne. Can he trust the Royces? does he trust them?

I just feel there are two many characters showing up with the Brotherhood and two many supposedly going to Greywater watch.. would be lame to funnel another there.. George wouldn't be so lame

Meereen anyone lol

I don't believe Jeyne is pregnant. Lady Sybell gives her some potions against pregnancy, and about sisters swap.. well, their mother knows what they look. Lady Sybell may be angry at the prospect of Joy Hill as daughter-in-law, but at this moment she is still in the winning team, and her brother got gold mines.

And I don't see place in the story for Robb's child. Now is the time for the younger Starks.

Who said that Jeyne's mother wasn't in on it? Just because she presented a woman as Jeyne doesn't mean it was her... I think she's alive with a baby and her mother lied. Her mother strikes me as a climber, now she has a foot in two camps...

Who said that Jeyne's mother wasn't in on it? Just because she presented a woman as Jeyne doesn't mean it was her... I think she's alive with a baby and her mother lied. Her mother strikes me as a climber, now she has a foot in two camps...

I think she is too minor a character to have such an elaborate scheme.

I don't see her having much future relevance, so I don't think there is a child. To me the text was quite clear: she blocked Jeyne from getting pregnant.

GRRM did, Jeyne is confirmed as not pregnant.

I would like to make a stronger case for an option I have already pointed out, that is that the Blackfish did not leave Riverrun in the first place. The reasons for this are many and in the past I really only pointed out what I believe to be the foreshadowing. At the end of Dance in the Griffin Reborn chapter when Joncon takes Griffins Roost he tells his men of a little hidden place in the castle that really has no effect on the overall story at the time, his men find some people hiding there but it doesn't effect the story.

Now however I currently have out 2 of the maps from the mapbook, the Westeros map and the Journeys map. These maps show that Riverrun is approximately 300 miles as the crow flies from the Twins, and Lord Harroways town, which is down river on the main branch of the Trident after all the smaller branches have joined together. The Red fork which Riverrun is on is not straight at all and joins the main branch which comes from the Twins only a short distance above Lord Harroways town, so it is easily 300 miles by water from Riverrun to the main branch of the Trident. The maps also show that between Riverrun and the Twins are Oldstones, Fairmarket, Blackwood, and Bracken, and seagard. It is then another 200 miles or so to Graywater Watch. From the main branch of the Trident to the Eyrie is over 300 miles over snow packed mountains with mountain clans running wild, and the only ports around are the most heavily occupied places around.

Given these geological barriers I think it is very unlikely he went to either of these places. Joining the bwb would seem to be the only other logical option, but we don't see him with them when they capture Brienne, Pod, and Ser Hyle. There is still the other faction of the bwb that broke off which he could possibly have joined, and I think that is realistically the only other option. However I still think that he can do much more damage from within Riverrun than he can outside the castle. I also think it unlikely that Riverrun had no such hidey hole, and point out that Jaime did not note of any such place being found, nor was Edmure likely to tell him of one when Jaime bought the story of going below the gate in the river.

Archived