The Blackfish

crown of gold

I'm no fan of Catelyn, quite the contrary, but I think the Jaime/Brienne is very particular, since she has no idea they were really trying to find Sansa. Let's not forget she doesn't have the info we got on their thought and dispositions - as far as she knows Brienne is simply a traitor who is now helping the Lannisters. I don't know how that shadow of a human would feel towards the BF, but Edmure, yeah, she probably won't treat her brother that well if they ever meet. I mean, the guy actually happily consummated his marriage while thousands of men were slaughtered all around the Twins!

I agree at the surface, Brienne looks like a traitor, but Lady Stark knew Brienne for what she was. If it were alive Cat, even she wouldn't have been dumb enough to think Brienne would side with the Lannisters or harm her girls.

I dunno, I really hate that GRRM brought Cat back in the fashion he did. He must really hate her, she was so maddening alive and now, yuck.

@Lykos

I really don't remember that Vale bannermen wanted to go to war and I read all the books just this past 6 month. But in any case that bitch Lysa wouldn't let help Robb cause she was behind this and for what, for a guy named LF. She is just so fucking idiot. I hate her very much I was very happy when LF killed her :D

The most likely would be his returning to the Vale, where he lived for a good few years. But it seems just so likely that I doubt that's where he is. And if he ran into Sansa and found out who she was, he could ruin Littlefinger's scheme too soon, and that's not a viable option, something has to work there before it's ruined.

He could certainly be the hooded man in Winterfell, but wouldn't Theon know him? I know he's shattered and all, but something would click on the back of his mind at hearing his voice. (besides, I'd rather believe the hooded man is Theon himself, much more interesting - and I don't think the BF would have had time to get to Winterfell after his escape anyway)

He could be at Greywater Watch, but too many people are there already, so that's not a likely possibility. And what business would he have with Reed anyway?

He doesn't know about Bran and Rickon, so he's probably not hunting them. Therefore, the most likely is that he'll run into the Brotherhood and UnCat very shortly, if he hasn't already. I'd be very interested in seeing how he'll react to what his niece became - would he become allies with her even though he'll probably realize there's nothing of his niece in that walking corpse? And yes, I do believe he'll have an importance in what happens to Jaime (and, consequently, Briene) next.

An unusual theory that I don't find impossible would be his joining YG. He said he'd keep fighting for Robb, but if no other Stark is alive or within reach (Bran, Rickon and Arya believed dead; Sansa now a Lannister; and Jon not someone a Tully would support), and considering Jeyne is not pregnant (I strongly believe she isn't, since it wouldn't add anything to the plot, but a rather useless storyline), the only way he can keep fighting for Robb is to fight against his enemies. And who's fighting against the Lannisters? YG and Stannis. Stannis is up North, and, as I said, it's unlikely he had the time to reach them, but he could be on his way. YG, however, is much closer, and much likelier to gather the necessary strength to eliminate the Lannisters.

Interesting theory but at the time of his leaving riverrun, he would not have known about YG. His presence is only very recent, plus what would he bring to YG on his own. His main benifit would to be able to deliver the Vale. I could see him getting some support to achieve that but would the Vale rise for a Trag?

The Vale is the obvious choice for his distination but I dont know of any connection between him and LF and I dont see LF welcoming him as he would not be swayed of fooled by LF and would see through his plots.

My guess is he might make for the Brackens as they are still loyal to Robb and the Tulys (or the blackwoods I get confused between them). Considering the changing fortunes of the Lannisters and their army perhaps a revolt against the Lannisters could be in the offing or a rescue of Edmure.

Where else would he be safe to reveal himself as he is well known so he would need refuge with someone until he can lay plans.

I like the 2% on some place like Greywater Watch. Great place to go to disappear. Also the Starks have ancestral ties with the Reeds, and the Starks relationship with the Tully's is no secret, thus likely solidifying it has a haven for the Blackfish.

I don't like the Vale theory because I think Littlefinger needs to get bigger and is going to make more moves, thus I do not think his plan is foiled just yet, as he likely grows stronger and does so out of the reach and ability of the Blackfish. I think Blackfish meets up with the UnCat and is responsible for freeing Jamie, and aids reconciliation process between he and Cat, with the Blackfish citing the fact that Jamie did all he could to honor his vow to Cat during their face to face conversation during the siege Riverrun.

Also, the widespread knowledge that the Freys have attempted to conquer Greywater Watch in the past may be part of the general distaste that the Starks and Tully's have for them. This is evident by "The Late" Walder Frey's apathy towards Starks and Tully's during his conversation with Catelyn in GoT as Robb was preparing to cross the Twins.

It's thin, but I like the implications of the Blackfish and the Crannogmen being buddies. Makes my Howland Reed thoughts tingle (http://asoiaf.wester...se/page__st__80).

I think the Blackfish will show up in the Vale. Ii would make sense that when he hears about Sansa surfacing there and she has the Knights of the Vale sworn to her cause he shows up to help lead the army. Since Sansa has Tully blood and an army this makes to much sense. The Vale, Sansa, and the Blackfish all have common cause to destroy the Freys. Especially with the strength of the Frey's and the majority of the Lannister strength retreating to the south to deal with the Golden Company the riverlands will be ripe for the plucking.

@Lykos

I really don't remember that Vale bannermen wanted to go to war and I read all the books just this past 6 month. But in any case that bitch Lysa wouldn't let help Robb cause she was behind this and for what, for a guy named LF. She is just so fucking idiot. I hate her very much I was very happy when LF killed her :D

Cat is responsible for starting this whole mess...kind of cracks me up.

I think the Blackfish will show up in the Vale. Ii would make sense that when he hears about Sansa surfacing there and she has the Knights of the Vale sworn to her cause he shows up to help lead the army. Since Sansa has Tully blood and an army this makes to much sense. The Vale, Sansa, and the Blackfish all have common cause to destroy the Freys. Especially with the strength of the Frey's and the majority of the Lannister strength retreating to the south to deal with the Golden Company the riverlands will be ripe for the plucking.

Well, there's one detail to support the idea the Blackfish could lead the Vale's army (or any other friendly army): the man is a warrior, not a strategist. He can order men to battle and join them, but I don't see him playing the game of thrones. So even if he goes to the Vale, it's not certain he would interfere in Baelish's plans, unless he realized the kind of man LF really is back when he was a boy in Riverrun.

I think he's with the BWB and that Uncat will send Jaime and Brienne north to find Bran, and send along the Blackfish with them to keep them on a leash.

I think this scenario is more plausible then BF redeeming Jamie at the last minute because BF didn't believe anything that Jaime was saying when they met and was really antogonistic towards him so why BF redeem Jaime now taking into effect that Jaime stll overran the castle and forced him to flee in the middle of the night. Also keep in mind that Brienne now knows that Arya is alive as well so it is more likelihood that uncat would give them one more chance to find Arya and Sansa and send Blackfish as insurance. In any case BF, Jaime and Brienne on the road together = epic badassedness.

what if: BF learns in the Vale about true identity of Alayne Stone, he wants to rescue her from LF, he fails /obviously/ and this is some kind of catalyst for Sansa the Player - she will try to save someone from her family. subversive version of damsel-in-distress

but this is my crackpot-last-minute-theory. [i believe that first move of Sansa the Player will be rescue little Lord Arryn from LF. In my book she definitely will rescue someone :)]

ps. sorry for my english :)

I think this scenario is more plausible then BF redeeming Jamie at the last minute because BF didn't believe anything that Jaime was saying when they met and was really antogonistic towards him so why BF redeem Jaime now taking into effect that Jaime stll overran the castle and forced him to flee in the middle of the night. Also keep in mind that Brienne now knows that Arya is alive as well so it is more likelihood that uncat would give them one more chance to find Arya and Sansa and send Blackfish as insurance. In any case BF, Jaime and Brienne on the road together = epic badassedness.

Brienne knows Arya is alive?

But why would the Vale join the fight now? They are most prepared for Winter. Why do they care about anything that took place in the Riverlands? They have enough problems of their own in the fact that their Liege Lord is a sickly, bratty, runt and is being used by Littlefinger. As far as they know the Starks are pretty much all dead, even though their is one right under their nose.

Why would the Vale care? Because the mother of their heir is a Tully. I think he will show up after Sansa is revealed unless he finds a free Edmure. Even if he frees Edmure they will need the army of the Vale to take the Riverlands back from the Frey's. Plus once LF reveals Sansa he will gain the support of the Vale because he is giving the Vale a claim / alliance with house Stark and the north if the Frey's and Botlon's are defeated. With the Frey forces occupied at the battle of Winterfeldt and the Lannister army needed in the south the Riverlands will be ripe for the picking for the Vale.

Plus LF is going to want revenge on the Frey's for killing Cat. Wiping them off the face of Westros would be a good start. I'm interested to see how LF the character plays out. Obviously he is using Sansa for some self gain, but to what end and how far? He did rescue her from KL and is arranging a good marriage for her. Is this out of the love he had for her mother, or deep down does he want the claim to the North for himself as a jest to the Starks.

Well, the only reason I can see for the BF to try and save Jaime's ass would be his disgust and horror at what his niece became, and maybe, deep down, he's a just guy, who knows? But I do like this idea of him accompanying Brienne and Jaime to rescue Sansa or Arya - most likely Arya, because all other scenarios of her return to Westeros are simply too unbelievable. But does Brienne know she crossed the narrow sea? And f she does, how could they find out where she went, specially now she's not in Braavos anymore?

Plus LF is going to want revenge on the Frey's for killing Cat.

why? he has younger and more naive incarnation. how much he cares for older version now?

I think LF can make some useful arrangement with Frey's. they don't care about sides, they only want to be wealthy and sooo noble. LF can indentify to some point with ambition of young but not-so-respected House. Riverrun is an issue but hey, it's LF, he still hide something in his sleeve.

Archived