TitanCon 2012 - Belfast - 22 Sept

Even if they're willing to consider attending whether particular actors can turn up or not is very dependent on their shooting schedule. Richard did show up at the Belfast moot for the original pilot back in 2009, hopefully we didn't scare him off ;)

Where the hell was I back then?! I understand he's very busy, and I probably would scare him off if he did come to this one. But having such a gorgeous specimen there would make some girls very happy! :P

The coach trip looks brilliant too, are there any guesses as to how much that might cost? It seems that it wouldn't be included in the price of the membership.
I'm not sure if the price has been confirmed for this year, but last year I think it was about £25 for the coach tour, which I thought was quite reasonable for a day's entertainment including a nice meal.
Unconfrimed roumor has it the coach tour will cost a little more this year. But this won't be confirmed till they have all venues and the catering sorted out.

I can confirm this rumour - the tour will definitely cost more this year, we just don't know exactly how much more yet. It is a longer bus route and we need to hire a marquee for the feast which will be expensive but unavoidable since there aren't any public venues to seat 160 people for a feast in that part of the world. So expect to pay a little more for the coach tour this year. I know lots of people are waiting to hear about that before making their plans but please be patient while we work through the details.

Just wondering, will anyone be making this trip from Wales perchance?? :)

No Welsh TitanCon members at all in 2011 or so far in 2012. It is about time I was forced to add a country code for Wales to the database. Hopefully we'll get somebody from Wales sign up soon.

Where the hell was I back then?! I understand he's very busy, and I probably would scare him off if he did come to this one. But having such a gorgeous specimen there would make some girls very happy! :P

We'll be doing our best to get every single cast member to TitanCon if we can. Well OK that would be impossible but we are hoping to get as many as possible and Richard is definitely on the list, as is Kit Harrington. They've both attended our Moots in the past so hopefully the timing will work out well for their shooting schedule and we'll get one or both of them there. But we won't know for sure until September, probably just a week or two before the convention.

I'll definitely try to be there!

I always wanted to go to Ireland, and Northern Ireland so hopefully I can work it out time-wise and get off work. I don't think it will be any problem.

Can't say for sure yet though, but hope to see you all there! :grouphug:

We are hoping to have everything confirmed and ready to start selling tickets before the end of May.

Looking at flights - man going to Belfast to Venice is a royal pain in the you know what. What is Exeter airport like? For reasonably priced tickets, I can fly to Munich to London to Belfast, to London to Munich to Venice, or fly to Paris to Exeter to Belfast and back again, then Paris to Venice. Do you know anything about Exeter than you can tell me?

FG,

what about flying to Dublin instead of Belfast? There's a bus service from Dublin airport right to the middle of Belfast where you want to be. It was only 20€ return last year. For me (flying from Germany) it was that much cheaper to fly to Dublin and take the bus to Belfast. Bus takes a little less than 2 hours.

ETA

just checked...

Aer Lingus is flying non-stop from Venice to Dublin for a reasonable price. :)

I'm not sure about luggage etc, though.

FG,

what about flying to Dublin instead of Belfast? There's a bus service from Dublin airport right to the middle of Belfast where you want to be. It was only 20€ return last year. For me (flying from Germany) it was that much cheaper to fly to Dublin and take the bus to Belfast. Bus takes a little less than 2 hours.

ETA

just checked...

Aer Lingus is flying non-stop from Venice to Dublin for a reasonable price. :)

I'm not sure about luggage etc, though.

Thanks, I'll run the numbers and see if that's better from Toronto. :D

Looking at flights - man going to Belfast to Venice is a royal pain in the you know what. What is Exeter airport like? For reasonably priced tickets, I can fly to Munich to London to Belfast, to London to Munich to Venice, or fly to Paris to Exeter to Belfast and back again, then Paris to Venice. Do you know anything about Exeter than you can tell me?

I live pretty close to Exeter, but I can't tell you anything about the airport :lol: I'll be getting my flight from Bristol if that's any use?

Oops. I thought you were talking about Italy. :blushing: :leaving:

It's ok,lol, Toronto to Dublin gives me different choices. The only question I have is how often do the buses run, and how far is the bus station from the airport? I would get in early Friday morning.

You can get a bus from Dublin Airport directly to Belfast, no need to go into the city of Dublin, and I believe they run hourly. The bus station in Belfast is directly behind the Europa Hotel so you'll be in the right area to stay for the convention.

There are quite a few people making that trip from Dublin so you might even be able to meet up with some other people from the board and take the coach ride up together.

You can get a bus from Dublin Airport directly to Belfast, no need to go into the city of Dublin, and I believe they run hourly. The bus station in Belfast is directly behind the Europa Hotel so you'll be in the right area to stay for the convention.

There are quite a few people making that trip from Dublin so you might even be able to meet up with some other people from the board and take the coach ride up together.

That sounds good, even if the idea of getting on a bus after a trans Atlantic flight doesn't sound appealing, it's better than having to fly to Paris or Frankfurt to get to Belfast.

That sounds good, even if the idea of getting on a bus after a trans Atlantic flight doesn't sound appealing, it's better than having to fly to Paris or Frankfurt to get to Belfast.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...........you have to fly PAST Belfast, to then turn around and come BACK towards Belfast? Which messed-up airline thought that route up?

:crying: I can't go......

Oh, I'd take you with me if I could LOL! ;)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...........you have to fly PAST Belfast, to then turn around and come BACK towards Belfast? Which messed-up airline thought that route up?

No direct flights to Belfast from Toronto, so you have to go somewhere else first. There are direct, and inexpensive charters, but they don't fit my time schedule. But there are direct flights to Dublin.

Mrs Uvatha and myself stayed at Holiday Inn last year - got good deal thru booking.com - we'll be there again this year too - prolly from Friday afternoon again - so we can help if required LMG.

Uvatha.

Archived