TitanCon 2012 - Belfast - 22 Sept

That sounds good, even if the idea of getting on a bus after a trans Atlantic flight doesn't sound appealing, it's better than having to fly to Paris or Frankfurt to get to Belfast.

People should remember that Belfast International is 23 miles from city centre or George Best (city airport) which is about 2 miles.

No direct flights to Belfast from Toronto, so you have to go somewhere else first. There are direct, and inexpensive charters, but they don't fit my time schedule. But there are direct flights to Dublin.

You might want to see if you can get a flight to Glasgow. I know FlyBe have 'relatively' cheap flights to Belfast from there. Or even into Prestwick airport which is about 40mins outside Glasgow.

:)

Spoken to JonpoT and while we haven't actually booked yet (we will be though!) we're considering coming in on the Thursday at some point. Is anyone else going to be about that early and fancies shenanigans either on thursday night or during the day on friday? Or both, even!

The plan is to be better prepared with regards to having what we need so we should not need to send minions out for supplies on Friday, but never say never ya know ;)

We will be holding a volunteers meeting on Thursday evening again, in a pub of course, so anyone who is around and fancies being dragged into helping us run the convention is welcome to attend.

Also in case anyone missed it on Twitter:

GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ken Magee - author of Dark Tidings will be a guest at TitanCon 2012

Leigh Bardugo - author of Shadow & Bone (retitled as The Gathering Dark in the UK), also known as Hedgerow on this board. A Knight of the Awful Awful Burger and a woman whose name means "ghost" or "lost" in Dothraki.

Joanna Volpe - literary agent representing Leigh Bardugo (yes they come as an adorable set of two guests for the price of one, we could not resist)

And we'll have more guest announcements for you soon!

I'm hoping to be there this year. My work contract's up the end of August, so hopefully they won't be shipping me off again for at least a month or two after that!

That would be most excellent :)

Last year I took the bus up after work Thursday. Plan to do the same this year.

And yes, it's very easy to take the bus from Dublin Airport to Belfast. Decent price. You can book online to get 10% off also.

Oh Padraig, can you do a link to their web site, please? Thank you!

MG, do you remember that I gave you money for a supporting membership? :)

I might change my mind yet and get a full membership. :)

Wheeeeee!

Really!?! You mean you might be coming there?

*packing bags already* :)

MG, do you remember that I gave you money for a supporting membership? :)

I might change my mind yet and get a full membership. :)

Let me know if you do decide to upgrade from supporting to full membership because we still have some of the special offer (to 2011 members) memberships that haven't been taken up so you can upgrade to that price rather than the full price on the website.

Archived