justification for the murder of Shae and Tywin

Gingerly Grumkin

They had it coming, right? I mean Tyrion was in a state of insanity and they both said the worst thing they could have. Tywin still called her a whore, like 5 times! and Shae said my giant of a... Lannister :bawl: .

Oh dear god. What have you started? :eek:

I really like what i said in another thread... so thank god for ctrl v

He did have to see his dad once he was free. That story about his wife... and then she wasn't a whore! He was also 1/2 starved and been in prison for a while (not the best mind set). I would ask my dad where my ex-wife was also. his first love, that ended in... And then Tywin calls her a whore! The fucking audacity of it! That he keeps to that lie, even when Tyrion clearly knows the deal. Oh speaking of whores and people who brake my heart, whats Shae doing in Twyins bed, calling me a fucking "giant of a Lannister"!

Hmm.. pretty sure this thread is meant as a provocation.

Still, I'll take it seriously. Killing Tywin and Shae was murder. I don't care too much that it was kinslaying; that particular Westerosi taboo is hogwash in my view.

But double murder kinda matters. I say this even as a Tyrion fan. I don't have to approve of much of what he does to still like his character on the whole.

OP-And I'm sure was paid well to say those things. Tyrion is not professional with his professional, IYAM. He got all messed up about what they always and ever were about. $$$ It's not Shae's fault. But she did lie under oath. That is certainly a serious crime, and if you argued for her execution on those grounds, I could follow. But Tyrion killing her for sleeping with another john and saying all he longed to hear? No, she shouldn't have died for that.

As for Tywin, Tyrion was certainly mad with rage (not necessarily deliberate murder, though where else would going to see him lead? IDK), but I'm not going to support someone complicit in setting up his daughter-in-law for gang-rape. Hang the bastard.

OP-And I'm sure was paid well to say those things. Tyrion is not professional with his professional, IYAM. He got all messed up about what they always and ever were about. $$$ It's not Shae's fault. But she did lie under oath. That is certainly a serious crime, and if you argued for her execution on those grounds, I could follow. But Tyrion killing her for sleeping with another john and saying all he longed to hear? No, she shouldn't have died for that.

its not just another john thou, its his dad. The one who hates whores for no reason. so that got his blood boiled a tad, it was a rash thing to do but he also had to be in and out, there were soldiers outside, Varys was waiting and he needs to have a talk with "another john"

There is no justification for murder.

tell that to Ned Stark. Look obviously murder is wrong, but in the relm of ASOIAF...

Some of my fellow Tyrion fans worry me sometimes. Look, I love the guy. He's my favorite character in all of ASOAIF. I wouldn't mind if the entire series was told from just his 1st person or close 3rd person perspective.

But he's done a lot of bad shit. He had motivations that I can not only understand, but actually sympathize with. I've made it clear from my posts on these boards that I think he's fundamentally a good person. But that doesn't excuse some of the things he's done. Killing Shae and Tywin was murder.

I was very upset when Tyrion killed Shae, but I was also upset when she betrayed him, which is why I can understand that he did it. I knew I shouldn't have expected her to be different and not just in it for the money after awhile, but I hoped that she was. Guess I got roped in too!

Did she deserve to die? Probably not, but I think finding her in Tywin's bed in the state Tyrion was in was the last straw for him, and understandably so. I do agree both of the killings were murder though.

its not just another john thou, its his dad. The one who hates whores for no reason. so that got his blood boiled a tad, it was a rash thing to do but he also had to be in and out, there were soldiers outside, Varys was waiting and he needs to have a talk with "another john"

But what's that to Shae? He and his dad are both just johns to her. She has her own view. She doesn't have to understand or pity Tyrion. That she doesn't is not a good reason to murder her. Tyrion is wrong here, and his racking up collateral damage like Shae puts me on someone else's side.

Gawd, I can't understand why everybody doesn't see that Shae had it coming. After all, she committed perjury! And PERJURY IS THE OMFG worst crime in the entire universe. Perjury, even when it's against a person who abuses you, and even when you're likely being threatened by some of the most dangerous motherfuckers in the world, is like, a violation of a universal mandate. Or something. Perjury is so much worse than...

--rape

--murder

--torture

--gang-rape

--assault

--genocide

Shae's a gold digging slut. Plain and simple. She deserved it.

Tywin's death, however, was a tragic loss to the badasery and realpolitik of Westeros.

What?

May as well get it out there now. It's only a matter of time before the troglodytes roll up and say it.

But what's that to Shae? He and his dad are both just johns to her. She has her own view. She doesn't have to understand or pity Tyrion. That she doesn't is not a good reason to murder her. Tyrion is wrong here, and his racking up collateral damage like Shae puts me on someone else's side.

hmmm... true, ok so ill say that Twyin was justified but Shae was not complicated (she didn't have to fuck Tywin thou, i mean how many "hands" does she need up there?) i guess that the worlds oldest profession is quite dangerous

@littlespider: for some time there I thought someone else took control of your keyboard ;)

anyway Tyrion went for Tywin. Shae just happened to be in the way.

i guess that the worlds oldest profession is quite dangerous

being a bard seems far more dangerous. Remember Marillion, Mance in disguise and that other guy singing for margaery tyrell???

To be quite honest, I cheered when reading it. I was just so furious that Tyrion was being condemned for a crime he did not commit, seeing him kill the two persons most vital to his imprisonment was a pleasure.

Now, I understand that Tyrion shouldn't have been expecting Shae to be loyal to him - she was paid to pretend she cared for him, after all. He never should have forgottent that. I've heard the theory that she's a spy from Dorne, which would explain why she jumped into bed with Tywin afterwards.

Tywin on the other hand, completely had it coming.

Archived