Best Chapter?

Sarnius

For me it has to be Tyrion's 2nd Chapter in Clash of Kings; when he gave Janos Slynt what was coming to him.

Oh my god, that.......was just amazing. When I finished that, My first thought was 'Okay this guy is a badass'.

It just showed what his intentions were and ironically the last word of his chapter was what outlined the next chapter of his(Justice).

It just flowed and you had a sense of 'fulfillment' when it ended because after everything bad that had happened, you knew that some good could come out of it. Janos and six of his most evil men were sent to the wall, we got a honorable commander of the Gold Cloaks in replacement, several actions laid out by Varys to Tyrion were dealt with properly(Showing a more civilized future for Kings Landing instead of Joffrey just mindlessly killing everyone), Showed Tyrion knew exactly what he was doing and that his intentions were good. It also showed he had power and that he could use it against Joffrey.

Also it was f***** badass how he did it and I long to watch that in Game of Thrones Season 2.

So what are yours?

My favourites would be the Cat of the Canals chapters. I loved how Arya was actually enjoying that life, she seemed at ease and happy :)

When I start a book of the series, I always skim it to see who has POV chapters, how many, etc...

And when I came across the Cat of the Canals one, I actually thought Daaaaang UnCat has chapers 0.0 AMAZIINNGGG hahaha

The dragons' birth scene was also awesome.

Ooh, that's tough. Right now, I'm torn between two, but I'll probably think of ones I liked even better later. But for now...

1. Sansa's last chapter in Storm of Swords. It begins with her building the Winterfell snow castle, which really tugged at my heartstrings and even made me a little teary-eyed. And ended with finally getting insight into Petyr Baelish's master plan and with me on the edge of my seat terrified that Sansa was going to get flying lessons from crazy Aunt Lysa.

2. Theon's last chapter in Dance when he escapes from Winterfell. It was amazing to see his chapter titled "Theon" again after his heartbreaking/disturbing story. So much happens, and Theon jumping over the walls with Jeyne in his arms away from Ramsay is one of my favorite moments of that book.

1) Daenerys in Storm of Swords (I dont remember what # of her chapters this was) where she tricks the Astapori slave masters (and me) into believing she was selling Drogon, then unleashes her dragons and burns everything. So epic. I cannot wait for that scene in the HBO series.

2) Jon Snow's return to and defense of Castle Black against the band of wildings. Very cool but also very sad as it ends up being Ygritte's death. Great character building of Jon Snow, who has been my favorite character ever since (someone had to replace Robb :crying: )

Catelyn's chapter 55 in Clash of Kings when she is at Riverrun during a celebratory feast, but she is eating alone withe Brienne because she has just learned of Bran and Rickon's death. It is just brutal. And, it's before we learn that Bran and Rickon aren't truly dead. I read it the first time on the train into work and was glad I was wearing sunglasses because tears were welling up. It is the chapter that had the most severe emotional reaction of any in all of the books. Catelyn then learns of Robb's wedding to Jeyne and the loss of the Freys and ultimately frees the Kingslayer after a drunken parley. Not only is the chapter emotionally wrenching, it changes the fate of the so many important characters, including the entire North.

Next are back-to-back in Storm of Swords leading up to an including the Red Wedding. 49-52 Catelyn, Arya, Catelyn, Arya. Everything seems to be coming to a head and I was rooting so hard for Arya to make it back to her pack. Then everything just falls apart.

Finally, Tyrion's last chapter in Storm of Swords. Tyrion repays almost all of his debts.

Sansa's last chapter in a storm of swords, WOW. It started so bittersweet, it reminded us that Sansa does care about her family, it was cute. Until little finger had to fart on that sweet moment -_- and of course shit got crazy towards the end of the chapter, and the final line in that chapter! OMG so good.

Sansa's last chapter in a storm of swords, WOW. It started so bittersweet, it reminded us that Sansa does care about her family, it was cute. Until little finger had to fart on that sweet moment -_- and of course shit got crazy towards the end of the chapter, and the final line in that chapter! OMG so good.

AGoT: The one where Jon is giving farewells to his siblings (and of course the Needle to Arya)

ACoK: Arya as Roose's cup-bearer: It includes Roose, Gendry and Elmar for whom I have soft spot

ASoS: Jaime and Brienne at Harrenhal again it includes Roose and Elmar :) and absolutely hilarious story about fat Walda's dowry

AFfC: Jaime meeting Devan

ADwD: Fake Arya's wedding with its gray world, laughing crows and brown-eyed bride

Overall? Can't help myself the AGoT one

Arya's chapter as she gets into Bravvos. It's just a wonderful example of description. I honestly felt myself in Arya's place and just looking around at all the buildings and the canals and just truly put myself in her place. I felt her wonder. I felt how small she was in this big world. It just gave me chills I guess.

Sansa's chapter at the Vale when she's recreating Winterfell. I was happy to see her emote for once. She's been so shut down emotionally, has to be for survival's sake, that it was wonderful to feel her grieve.

Jon's chapter when he loses his virginity. I busted out laughing at his justification and think "Just this once". A bit of humor in a Jon chapter. So rare.

Catelyn's chapter 55 in Clash of Kings when she is at Riverrun during a celebratory feast, but she is eating alone withe Brienne because she has just learned of Bran and Rickon's death. It is just brutal. And, it's before we learn that Bran and Rickon aren't truly dead. I read it the first time on the train into work and was glad I was wearing sunglasses because tears were welling up. It is the chapter that had the most severe emotional reaction of any in all of the books. Catelyn then learns of Robb's wedding to Jeyne and the loss of the Freys and ultimately frees the Kingslayer after a drunken parley. Not only is the chapter emotionally wrenching, it changes the fate of the so many important characters, including the entire North.

Next are back-to-back in Storm of Swords leading up to an including the Red Wedding. 49-52 Catelyn, Arya, Catelyn, Arya. Everything seems to be coming to a head and I was rooting so hard for Arya to make it back to her pack. Then everything just falls apart.

All of this. You said pretty much everything. Also, that Cat/Jaime exchange was pure gold. Gold.

Archived