Plotholes and inconsistencies that bother you (the most)

Cap Ou Pas Cap

The numbers in Ned’s final showdown with Cersci bother me on re read...

So Cersei has a dozen Lannister Knights and over a hundred men at arms. Ned only starts with 50, Renny only 30? Ned may be naive but he does not seem a dullard – he clearly comes to see the sink of intrigue he is wading in, knows Robert is not the same man he was, suspect the Lannisters and sees that that the Queen has very much filled positions be it King’s squire or King’s guard or King’s justice with her own creatures.

So I guess if Ned was also going to insist on using his own men to supplement the Watch and carry out justice etc, its odd he never sends a Raven for more men by Ship.

Second where are the King’s own Baratheon men?

Third I know Stannis left, but was he not master of Ships and surely he must have left some Royal ships? If so they would need to have marines to be effective and I doubt they would be tools of the Lannisters.

A lot of lords are hanging around at court, how come Ned does not have any other Northern Lords tagging along with daughters or sons (looking to foster or marry off) and men at arms and knights.

On balance I don’t have a problem with Ned’s digging his own grave, but rather it’s just he even when he knows he is doing it he never looks get more loyal men first.

He thinks he's got the Goldcloaks before they turned. I don't think there are a large amount of Lannister guards in KL or Baratheon. Ned did have a large amount of men with him but he sent a great many of these to tasks such as protecting the city during the tourney and bringing justice to the Mountain. The Lords or the North didn't come south with him. The North was operating a very isolationist policy with few dealings with the South and I don't think Ned thought to change that.

Archived