What about Margaery?

ShaggyShaggydog

I've read some interview with Martin, some time ago and he said that the Tyrells are the only ones that don't have their own POV character because he wants to make them mysterious. That's because they are probably too important for the whole game of thrones.

He used the same technique in the first two books. We never saw inside Cersei's head. Because if we did, the whole Eddard Stark's plot wouldn't have been so shocking, nor Tyrion's. The both of them were fighting against her. So knowing her plans and motivations would have ruined the reading experience. Now in book four the book is very King's Landing centric and Cersei is the key player, we had to know what is she thinking. The fifth book (I haven't read it yet but I've heard) centers less on King's Landing and the Tyrells aren't around.

Maybe we'll finally have a POV in the sixth or seventh book. But he said he won't be adding any new POVs. Because the books are overstuffed already.

It would be welcome if there were no new POVs. He already created too many new ones in AFFC/ADWD. Although I have a feeling he did so just to pass the time and fill more pages.

There really isn't even anyone who I'd want for a Tyrell POV. If there was one, I seriously doubt GRRM would even make it someone we would expect either like Margeary, Loras, or Mace. If anything I bet it would be someone like Garlan, Willas, or Lady Olenna.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be welcome if there were no new POVs. He already created too many new ones in AFFC/ADWD. Although I have a feeling he did so just to pass the time and fill more pages.

There really isn't even anyone who I'd want for a Tyrell POV. If there was one, I seriously doubt GRRM would even make it someone we would expect either like Margeary, Loras, or Mace. If anything I bet it would be someone like Garlan, Willas, or Lady Olenna.

wow you dont want a loras or olenna pov? imo they're two of the most interesting characters we havent learned much about.

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think GRRM writes anything to pass the time or fill more pages. That's what makes the books so engaging: you have to be on your toes all the time because the littlest detail may have a huge impact on future events.

If anything, I think GRRM has a hard time editing the stories down which is one of the reasons he had to split the events of AFfC & ADwD into 2 books.

I can definitely understand the challenge of having to keep track of so many characters but I also think it gives depth to the tapestry that is the history of the Iron Throne. The more threads that are interwoven, the more colorful & interesting the tapestry.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the Margaery character. I think that she totally knows what she was doing and was trained to play the game, otherwise I don't know that her grandmother and others would have left her alone. It has been interesting watching Cersei meet her match.

Archived