Dawn, Jon's parents and Aegon.

Pliskin

Another take on this, and to answer Martini earlier, is if Lyanna's child is not from Rhaegar.I've been a supporter of R+L=J since I was first introduced to it, until a few days ago. Dawn brings the light... Lightbringer. If they are one and the same, then AA or whoever wields the sword must be a Dayne and the Sword of the Morning. Pretty much has to be Jon IMO. I'm actually wondering if Arthur isn't Jon's dad through Lyanna. Say he were ordered to protect the "heir" at the ToJ. He can't openly say it's not the heir and has to protect the child, his child, anyway. When Ned shows up, he still can't make the reveal because he's honorable. He dies to Ned and HR to protect the baby, not necessarily from Ned, but from it getting out through his lips. Since Rhaegar and Arthur were best buds, there seems ample opportunity for Arthur/Lyanna. We know these was obsessed with prophecy and it seems like he made the connection between ptwp/AA/SoM and may be why he was so close to Arthur in the first place. He may even set "all this" up for Lyanna/Arthur.

Idk, but it seems pretty clear to me that there's more to the Daynes and we're gonna get a big reveal coming up.

Another take on this, and to answer Martini earlier, is if Lyanna's child is not from Rhaegar.I've been a supporter of R+L=J since I was first introduced to it, until a few days ago. Dawn brings the light... Lightbringer. If they are one and the same, then AA or whoever wields the sword must be a Dayne and the Sword of the Morning. Pretty much has to be Jon IMO. I'm actually wondering if Arthur isn't Jon's dad through Lyanna. Say he were ordered to protect the "heir" at the ToJ. He can't openly say it's not the heir and has to protect the child, his child, anyway. When Ned shows up, he still can't make the reveal because he's honorable. He dies to Ned and HR to protect the baby, not necessarily from Ned, but from it getting out through his lips. Since Rhaegar and Arthur were best buds, there seems ample opportunity for Arthur/Lyanna. We know these was obsessed with prophecy and it seems like he made the connection between ptwp/AA/SoM and may be why he was so close to Arthur in the first place. He may even set "all this" up for Lyanna/Arthur.

Idk, but it seems pretty clear to me that there's more to the Daynes and we're gonna get a big reveal coming up.

I sort of agree.

This might be crackpot but I believe Dawn will be Lightbringer, pale as milk now but the red sword of heroes when ignited by Nissa Nissa's blood. (And whose words are blood and fire?) I also believe Jon will be AAR, and that AA was the original Sword of the Morning and as such a Dayne. I'd even speculate that in the tongue of Asshai it's Azor (the sword) Ahai (of the morning.) But that's just wild speculation, I admit.

That said, if Jon has to be a Dayne then we clash with R+L=J, which is a big problem as it's pretty airtight as theories go. I know there are theories like B+A=J and N+A=J, they're not for me, but the other option is Arthur and Lyanna. Of course removing Rhaegar as Jon's father leads to big questions about why the 3 KG stayed if Jon wasn't the rightful king, again a very strong argument. But allow me crackpot some more.

Rhaegar's studying his prophecies and leans toward Dawn being Lightbringer after long discussions with Arthur about Dawn's lore, etc. He sees the Dayne sigil as symbolic with the fallen star being Nissa Nissa, AA's love who he had to kill to save the world. Rhaegar figures AA must have been a Dayne so the PTWP must be a Dayne too. Calls the tourney at Harrenhal through his pal Whent, the purpose being to select a mate for Arthur. If he has a close inner circle that believe in his prophecy fetish, guys like Whent, Dayne and maybe even a reluctant Hightower, then he might command them to vow to protect the PTWP no matter what happens. And so they keep their vow, as Rhaegar has convinced them that protecting the kingdom from the Others is more important than protecting the king.

A senario such as this would mean that the wood witch prophesy about the PTWP coming from the Targ line, and the dragon has three heads would be wrong or related to something else, or at least that Rhagaer believed they were wrong.

I still hold to Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon. I read a certain chapter of Jon's from A Storm of Swords again and read something that made my speculation feel a little more concrete. It follows:

He wondered if his father had been torn the same way, when he'd left Jon's mother to return to Lady Stark.

Jon is written as a deeply inquisitive character, and it stands to reason that Jon picked up on this, whether he realizes it or not. Also, Ned was torn when he was forced to leave Lyanna (i.e., her passing).

It is with this in mind that I don't think Ned could've taken Jon from the Daynes and let his beloved sister's infant son leave the continent with Ashara. It would've been a disservice to Lyanna, in both of their eyes, had Ned let his nephew leave with anyone other than a Stark.

• 2 years later...

Archived