The Duke

At what point does Sansa's marriage become void to Tyrion? Their marriage has not been consumated, but does she remain a Lannister until she marries another and consumates the marriage or is she still Sansa Stark and she has yet to have a marriage at all since it was not finalized? Consumation seems very important in Westeros and everyone in Kings Landing seemed to know that theirs was not.

I think this comes very much with how you want to view it. I would think that Sansa herself and those who are not friendly to the idea that she would marry Tyrion would probably consider the marriage null and void since it wasn't consumated. But those who wants her to be married to Tyrion, for one reason or another, would probably be saying that the marriage is legal.

She smoothed her skirts and knelt in front of him, so their heads were on the same level. “With this kiss I pledge my love, and take you for my lord and husband.”

“With this kiss I pledge my love,” the dwarf replied hoarsely, “and take you for my lady and wife.” He leaned forward, and their lips touched briefly.

The septon raised his crystal high, so the rainbow light fell down upon them. “Here in the sight of gods and men,” he said, “I do solemnly proclaim Tyrion of House Lannister and Sansa of House Stark to be man and wife, one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever, and cursed be the one who comes between them.”

p.s. No talk of Sansa getting raped and/or molested, lets not give the mods a reason to close this thread

I don't think they can talk around it not being consumated. Tywin was very adamant that it had to be done immediately. Even he knew that unless it was consumated, it would never be accepted. It seems to me that it is right up there with guest rights in terms of being something accepted by all.

I think this comes very much with how you want to view it. I would think that Sansa herself and those who are not friendly to the idea that she would marry Tyrion would probably consider the marriage null and void since it wasn't consumated. But those who wants her to be married to Tyrion, for one reason or another, would probably be saying that the marriage is legal.

This is true. As with all things in Westeros, it will come down to a political battle and the winner decides the truth. As for the legality Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, I believe it is stated explicitly that an unconsummated marriage can be set aside by the High Septon or a special council. Otherwise they are still legally married.

Welcome back Ndrew! I see you've conveniently left out the quote where Sansa has to be threatened to marry Tyrion and is completely depressed :P

Anyways, if this thread is allowed to go past 5 posts, I'm very much looking forward to hearing real evidence on just why their marriage could be good for Westeros, and help Sansa in the long run.

Welcome back Ndrew! I see you've conveniently left out the quote where Sansa has to be threatened to marry Tyrion and is completely depressed :P

Anyways, if this thread is allowed to go past 5 posts, I'm very much looking forward to hearing real evidence on just why their marriage could be good for Westeros, and help Sansa in the long run.

Well i dont want to help out your argument in the OP, lol. And id love to! The Wolf and the Lion have been at war this whole time, butchering the Relm, people died, from the Young Wolf to Mycha the butchers son, what better way to make peace then with a political alliance, besides Dany & Winter is coming. Tyrion has never hated the Starks, he fought in one battle against the North (no Starks present) and all other fights was against Stannis. He saved Cat's life, taught Snow to not be an ass, gave Bran a saddle, stopped Sansa from getting beat, and never touched her. Sansa is currently in the grip of LF (killed her dad) and shall be married to "the heir" (after he kills her cuz), sounds sketchy to say the least. Sansa is the only "living" Stark and needs revenge against Cersei, who better to help then the rightful heir of Casterly Rock. And Sansa does not hate Tyrion, in ASOS -"sometimes she dreamed of Tyrion also. 'he did nothing'"

Let's hope: 1 because of this forced marriage her family and the North won't turn their backs on her.

2. The Lannisters loose all.

3. Tyrion forsakes his family and gets adopted in to House Stark LOL!!

Above all no way in hell is Sansa letting Lanisters get a hold of her HOME she'll super warg them all to do House Stark's bidding beginning with handing over the gold.

As they say in the Staples commercials - That was easy. LOL

But it was also forced on an under age child for political and military advantage without consent of a parent or guardian, not consummated which is known, this will be easier to get annulled it's her trial on regicide that is her true problem.

Why do you think ser Ilyn Payne is still in the picture?

I don't think they can talk around it not being consumated. Tywin was very adamant that it had to be done immediately. Even he knew that unless it was consumated, it would never be accepted. It seems to me that it is right up there with guest rights in terms of being something accepted by all.

But it wasn't consummated.

Well i dont want to help out your argument in the OP, lol. And id love to! The Wolf and the Lion have been at war this whole time, butchering the Relm, people died, from the Young Wolf to Mycha the butchers son, what better way to make peace then with a political alliance, besides Dany & Winter is coming. Tyrion has never hated the Starks, he fought in one battle against the North (no Starks present) and all other fights was against Stannis. He saved Cat's life, taught Snow to not be an ass, gave Bran a saddle, stopped Sansa from getting beat, and never touched her. Sansa is currently in the grip of LF (killed her dad) and shall be married to "the heir" (after he kills her cuz), sounds sketchy to say the least. Sansa is the only "living" Stark and needs revenge against Cersei, who better to help then the rightful heir of Casterly Rock. And Sansa does not hate Tyrion, in ASOS -"sometimes she dreamed of Tyrion also. 'he did nothing'"

Ndrew, you know this has never been about whether she hates him or not, but the fact that she doesn't want him. I know you think this lack of desire is a minor thing, or that it can change but I don't see how, Plus, she was forced into marrying the House that was responsible for the destruction of hers. Staying married to Tyrion would be an unpleasant reminder of this. In either direction Sansa's life takes, Tyrion is bad news for her. If she goes for the Queen of the North title, then having one of the most hated houses in the realm saddled to her is going to be a disaster. She would never get the support and love of Northerners. If she decides to give up on a power play, then he's bad for her personal life too as she doesn't desire him and thinks his penis is ugly. It's a dead end relationship anyway you look at it.

P.S. dreaming of him doesn't signify anything, we all dream of other people who've impacted our lives in some form or fashion.

Archived