Stannis' leeches

Gingerly Grumkin

Stannis stretched forth a hand, and his fingers closed around one of the leeches.

"Say the name," Melisandre commanded.

The leech was twisting in the king's grip, trying to attach itself to one of his fingers. "The usurper," he said. "Joffrey Baratheon." When he tossed the leech into the fire, it curled up like an autumn leaf amidst the coals, and burned.

Stannis grasped the second. "The usurper," he declared, louder this time. "Balon Greyjoy." He flipped it lightly onto the brazier, and its flesh split and cracked. The blood burst from it, hissing and smoking.

The last was in the king's hand. This one he studied a moment as it writhed between his fingers. "The usurper," he said at last. "Robb Stark." And he threw it on the flames.

Joffrey Baratheon-killed at his wedding, suspects are LF and the Tyrells

Balon Greyjoy-killed on a bridge, suspects are FM

Robb Stark-killed at the RW, orchestrated by Tywin Lannister, tricked by Walder Frey, killed by Roose Bolton

Yet there are the leeches, we all saw that Shadowbaby we cant doubt the power of R'hllor... is there anyway we can prove that it was Stannis, or the Queen's Men, or Mel that killed these 3 usurpers?

Melisandre is not as powerful as she thinks she is - proof being that she constantly misreads the omens in the fire.

I think the only way she can really kill people with magic is with the shadowbabies - she just got lucky with the leeches. It's not like they were the only ones wanting these people dead.

I think it's clear that something was going on with those leeches. I mean, those names were the three that Stannis wanted dead and they died. I don't know how Melissandra or the spell influenced it but no one can deny the co-incidence. Maybe the spell instigated betrayal? Robb was betrayed by his own bannerman, Balon by his brother, Joffrey by his new wife's family.

I wish someone would tell Jon about that little episode. It would make sure that he never fell into the crazy Red Woman's clutches to find out that she got his brother Robb killed.

Mel saw what would happen before it happened and manipulated Stannis into believing she had something to do with it. But she didn't.

I hadn't considered this but it's entirely possible. She's a little fraud, that's for sure. I still hope someone tell's Jon and then he thinks she killed Robb. Haha, the irony would be sweet.

But Mel loves Stannis with her whole heart (shaped face) and truly believes that he is Azor Ahai. We know this because Jon Snow is Azor Ahai and is in Mel's face all the time yet she still thinks its Stannis. I dont think she would manipulate him

Your making her sound half sweet...........

But Mel loves Stannis with her whole heart (shaped face) and truly believes that he is Azor Ahai. We know this because Jon Snow is Azor Ahai and is in Mel's face all the time yet she still thinks its Stannis. I dont think she would manipulate him

Hmm I think Mel loves the idea that he is Azor Ahai, her prophecized hero, not Stannis himself. I fully expect her to drop Stannis like he's hot(yes, that's what se said :P ) and turn all her attention to Jon, should she finally realize what her damned fires have been telling her (and us) all the time.

I think it's clear that something was going on with those leeches. I mean, those names were the three that Stannis wanted dead and they died. I don't know how Melissandra or the spell influenced it but no one can deny the co-incidence. Maybe the spell instigated betrayal? Robb was betrayed by his own bannerman, Balon by his brother, Joffrey by his new wife's family.

I wish someone would tell Jon about that little episode. It would make sure that he never fell into the crazy Red Woman's clutches to find out that she got his brother Robb killed.

Correlation is not causation. If I clap my hands three times and thunder blows outside, does that mean I caused it?

Robb had married Jeyne at the end of Clash of Kings and Bolton's mystery letter implies that he and the Freys were colluding even then. Way before the leeches.

We don't know exactly when Balon's assassin was hired, but it could predate the leeches as well. In any case, there's nothing to tie it to Melisandre's powers.

Joffrey's fate was sealed when Sansa told Olenna and Margaery how evil he really was. This was before the leeches.

Hmm I think Mel loves the idea that he is Azor Ahai, her prophecized hero, not Stannis himself. I fully expect her to drop Stannis like he's hot(yes, that's what se said :P ) and turn all her attention to Jon, should she finally realize what her damned fires have been telling her (and us) all the time.

idk, she sleeps with him. Usually (hopefully) a girl i have in my bed for a while will love me, but maybe your right... She will get together with Jon thou as is foretold in ADWD

“It is always cold on the Wall.”

“You think so?”

“I know so, my lady.”

“Then you know nothing, Jon Snow,” she whispered

Robb had married Jeyne at the end of Clash of Kings and Bolton's mystery letter implies that he and the Freys were colluding even then. Way before the leeches.

We don't know exactly when Balon's assassin was hired, but it could predate the leeches as well. In any case, there's nothing to tie it to Melisandre's powers.

Joffrey's fate was sealed when Sansa told Olenna and Margaery how evil he really was. This was before the leeches.

i cant explain Robb's death

That one Forumer talked about the Red Priest and Balon's death. but i dont really buy it

And i belive that the pigeon pie was poisoned and Tyrion was the target

idk... i guess (the red) God works in mysterious ways

idk, she sleeps with him. Usually (hopefully) a girl i have in my bed for a while will love me, but maybe your right... She will get together with Jon thou as is foretold in ADWD

“It is always cold on the Wall.”

“You think so?”

“I know so, my lady.”

“Then you know nothing, Jon Snow,” she whispered

EWWWW I just vomited in my mouth a little.

That's hopefully not the way this turns out I mean. Mel can make googly eyes at Jon all she likes, I don't think he'd buy this AA stuff. And he'd rather melt the Wall with Val than with Mel anyway :P

This. Forum. Is. Driving. Me. Nuts. Today. It. Is. Eating. My. Posts. :bang:

Correlation is not causation. If I clap my hands three times and thunder blows outside, does that mean I caused it?

Like I said in my second post in this thread, I agree with you and Lady of Oldcastle that Melissandre probably manipulated Stannis into thinking she was causing their deaths.

No she would never manipulate him. Stannis's sword is the real Lightbringer. Mance is really dead she only convinced Rattleshirt he was Mance. She did not make shadowbabies. She does really look like the way everyone thinks........

No she would never manipulate him. Stannis's sword is the real Lightbringer. Mance is really dead she only convinced Rattleshirt he was Mance. She did not make shadowbabies. She does really look like the way everyone thinks........

i dont understand how you guys down play the romance of asoiaf. Mel loves Stannis. LF loves Sansa. Jaime loves Cersei Brienne. lol I mean... i think im the only guy in this thread, why do i always look like such a damn romantic...

Archived