Really?

Aroban

I agree.

I'm just about done with AFFC now.. its good, but I dont have the drive like I did before the Red Wedding. Before the wedding I wouldnt put the book down because I wanted to see what happened with the Young Wolf next. Since then my pace has slowed to a crawl but I'm still trucking on.

I do like the idea of Robb's story. Very Alexander the Greatish. A young Prodigy cut down in his youth never suffering true defeat. The way Robb died pissed me off at first... but then when I started thinking of it as "It was the only way they could get to him, to attack him some place other than on the battlefield" it helps show just how great a strategist and commander he was at such a young age... it also shows what great parents he had.

But yeah... it goes on. It's good, but its not the same kind of good.

After the Red Wedding I was as pissed as I was when they killed Ned in the first book. It just seems like such a massive injustice. I am almost through Feast as well but my pace has also slowed. I will certainly finish all the books mostly because I want to know what Martin's endgame is ya know? Like what's the point if all the honorable character do nothing but suffer for the most part and the evil characters rise and gain?

I agree.

I'm just about done with AFFC now.. its good, but I dont have the drive like I did before the Red Wedding. Before the wedding I wouldnt put the book down because I wanted to see what happened with the Young Wolf next. Since then my pace has slowed to a crawl but I'm still trucking on.

I do like the idea of Robb's story. Very Alexander the Greatish. A young Prodigy cut down in his youth never suffering true defeat. The way Robb died pissed me off at first... but then when I started thinking of it as "It was the only way they could get to him, to attack him some place other than on the battlefield" it helps show just how great a strategist and commander he was at such a young age... it also shows what great parents he had.

But yeah... it goes on. It's good, but its not the same kind of good.

After the Red Wedding I was as pissed as I was when they killed Ned in the first book. It just seems like such a massive injustice. I am almost through Feast as well but my pace has also slowed. I will certainly finish all the books mostly because I want to know what Martin's endgame is ya know? Like what's the point if all the honorable character do nothing but suffer for the most part and the evil characters rise and gain?

I just finished the chapter of Edmure's wedding and I share your point of view. This is so much disappointing that GRRM kills his best characters like that. It's just like if he hates them just after making the readers loving them. I have still 2 books to read after this one and I wonder what other horrible things GRRM will make happening to them. I wished so much that Robb would be back in Winterfell and rule the North a little bit until he reaches his fate but GRRM just stole me that pleasure. And now I recall that there are 2 other books to be written about Arya, Jon, Sansa, Ban & Rickon's dooms so I wonder which way he will find to hurt them any more when all the Westeros bastards still go on more and more powerfull.

Thoses books are a tribute to the worst but I'll keep on reading as suggested even if it's a little bit harder now without the hope of the northmen return.

I just wish now Walder Frey, Bolton's, remaining Greyjoy, Lannisters (except Tyrion), Stannis and his bloody red priest to suffer pain as well, as much as what they gave to the winterfell

I just finished the chapter of Edmure's wedding and I share your point of view. This is so much disappointing that GRRM kills his best characters like that. It's just like if he hates them just after making the readers loving them. I have still 2 books to read after this one and I wonder what other horrible things GRRM will make happening to them. I wished so much that Robb would be back in Winterfell and rule the North a little bit until he reaches his fate but GRRM just stole me that pleasure. And now I recall that there are 2 other books to be written about Arya, Jon, Sansa, Ban & Rickon's dooms so I wonder which way he will find to hurt them any more when all the Westeros bastards still go on more and more powerfull.

Thoses books are a tribute to the worst but I'll keep on reading as suggested even if it's a little bit harder now without the hope of the northmen return.

I just wish now Walder Frey, Bolton's, remaining Greyjoy, Lannisters (except Tyrion), Stannis and his bloody red priest to suffer pain as well, as much as what they gave to the winterfell

Fear not, Winterfell will rise again! (I hope)

You may not wish that to Stannis, as he may be now the only hope the Northmen have to get revenge.

I can't help but wonder if something worse will happen in the later books. Either way, I hope for a somewhat happy ending. Then again, I'll be pleased as long as GRRM finishes them before he dies.

You're bloody right, that would be such a bad trick to do us

Fear not, Winterfell will rise again! (I hope)

I hope so, the hope remains in Jon Snow who would be a perfect Lord of Winterfell as Bran is crippled, Sansa useless and Arya not even Lady like, I just hope GRRM won't kill this one as well as he seems to despise the good people.

Another hope would be that some magic give Bran his legs back, it seems there's more and more magic in the story

You're bloody right, that would be such a bad trick to do us

I hope so, the hope remains in Jon Snow who would be a perfect Lord of Winterfell as Bran is crippled, Sansa useless and Arya not even Lady like, I just hope GRRM won't kill this one as well as he seems to despise the good people.

Another hope would be that some magic give Bran his legs back, it seems there's more and more magic in the story

Sansa useless? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. She'll grow to be a wonderful queen or atleast a fine lady.

I love that this is your first post!

Keep reading :)

and if you're like me, skip ahead to a certain character's POV if you just really can't stand it.

So you're just like me, I can't stop myself from looking at the next chapters to find out who is still alive :P But it always destroy the surprise... I'm glad I didn't see Robb's death coming, it was shocking, but nice after all. In my opinion, though sad, it makes the story even better :]

I'd love for Arya to become Lady of Winterfell. She has more balls than many of the cretins of Westeros who parade around as Lord, the only question is who she'd take as husband to carry on the family name.

THE QUEEN OF THE NORTH!

I'd love for Arya to become Lady of Winterfell. She has more balls than many of the cretins of Westeros who parade around as Lord, the only question is who she'd take as husband to carry on the family name.

THE QUEEN OF THE NORTH!

SANSA, QUEEN IN THE NORTH!

I'd agree with you about Sansa but until now, she just has a role of a weeping girl who just had dreams and never wanted to face reality. She even betrayed her father!!!!!

I was sorry that she face those poor betrothed and husband, and I just wish she gets more wits and then become...yeah... the queen in the North and Lady of Winterfell, why not?

Didn't Rob send off a letter naming Jon Snow a legitimate Stark and next in line as King of the North?

There was discussion but we don't know if there was ever anything done about it.

Yeah you're probably right, I just don't see him not doing it after how important it was to him.

But he had no reason to think it was paramount. The discussion of his heir could have waited until after the wedding. He had no reason to suspect that he would encounter any danger traveling through his territory, the Riverlands to the Twins, with an army. Cat even discussed the Guest Rights, and that only helped strengthen Robb's feeling of security. It was unexpected by everyone, but Cat had a suspicion which I find so ironic considering she is labeled by fans as the biggest idiot of the series.

But he had no reason to think it was paramount. The discussion of his heir could have waited until after the wedding. He had no reason to suspect that he would encounter any danger traveling through his territory, the Riverlands to the Twins, with an army. Cat even discussed the Guest Rights, and that only helped strengthen Robb's feeling of security. It was unexpected by everyone, but Cat had a suspicion which I find so ironic considering she is labeled by fans as the biggest idiot of the series.

Alright that makes complete sense. Never thought of it like that.

Archived