What would be the sisterhood dynamics IF Sansa Stark Married Sandor Clegane ?

Grail King

I tend to think she's still a child and just didn't make the connection. Sandor mentioned Sansa singing to him prior to the Inn and his subsequent wound.

She just didn't understand enough to know that perhaps, just perhaps, she could have learned something. Granted there wasn't much she could do but...

I am sure her mistrust of him also came into play.

Speaking of Arya and Sansa; take a look at this very recent photo of Maisie Williams & Sophie Turner and imagine the Stark sisters out partying in a few years:

http://www.accesshol...22/image_163497

Hope it's not too off-topic; but I didn't know where else to post it.

thanks for that ! they will be terrors id say. Sophie/Sansa is perfect in her role , get those Tully blue eyes!

I flicked through the pictures- did ye see The Hound in a Plaid suit? #istillwould

Speaking of Arya and Sansa; take a look at this very recent photo of Maisie Williams & Sophie Turner and imagine the Stark sisters out partying in a few years:

http://www.accesshol...22/image_163497

Hope it's not too off-topic; but I didn't know where else to post it.

Gonna be a lot of broken hearts in the future of those two, my have they grown and I see their dads with shotguns in hand :)

thanks for that ! they will be terrors id say. Sophie/Sansa is perfect in her role , get those Tully blue eyes!

I flicked through the pictures- did ye see The Hound in a Plaid suit? #istillwould

Like, OMG; it looks like something that Sandor would throw on if he wasn't allowed to wear leather/armor; possibly after he raided a thrift store. I didn't think highly of some of the outfits of the photographed actors; though most of the Stark kids looked nice. Sophie physically resembles Sansa more than the other actors playing the Stark kids; which is not a criticism, since Maisie is such a fine actress she pulls it off (and of course, Emilia Clarke looks nothing like book-Dany). I do wish Sophie would stop pulling back her hair so tightly, both in these photos and in the show last year; I worry (sounding like her mother, LOL) that she'll end up balding at 40 or something...

i don't think that arya would mind very much the man sansa wants to marry. if she still loved joff after what he did to ned, or wanted to be with jaime or someone from her list which she hasn't yet removed, then she may not be super happy with the prospect but she would accept it. if the ending of the books are bittersweet and arya survives, i don't think she will care that much about what happens around her for a reaosn. none of the stark kids will ever be as care-free and happy as they were when young, so i'm sure no arguments will rise between the sisters. if sansa was to be made a queen and decides to abdicate for whatever reason, i also don't see ary forcing her to stay there or even to remain married to tyrion.

the sisters will just be happy to see each other again

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I don't see how this relationship can work, unless the Hound returns early the next two books. We still don't know for sure if he's alive but if he is alive, he'd have to return early in the next book. I have a feeling Brienne was lying when she said the Hound had Sansa. Will the Hound show up again? Who knows. I hope he does. Not to mention Sansa is like 13 and the Hound is 29

What interests me is that Arya spend a rather lengthy amount of time with someone who just recently kept Sansa's company.

Why didn't Arya ask Sandor more about Sansa? Ask him about how she was doing and such?

Damn, I'm going to mess this up because my brain is on vacation, but didn't Sandor ask Arya something like: "Isn't there anyone you don't like?" She makes a face, and he says aha! Your sister. Dang, I told that badly. So all is not love and kisses as of ASOS.

Arya would probably be kewl with having Sandor around as long as he helped her kill some Freys, assuming there're any left by the time she get back.

Here's what I think would be an interesting twist in the sibling rivalry department. I think GRRM is setting Arya up to be a bombshell, will little hints like how her legs are growing long and strong, and the Kindly Man calling her pretty, and so forth. So what if, when they met again, Arya was as or more beautiful than Sansa, a true? That could be a great change in sister-dynamic, not to mention that guys are often attracted to the new girl in town.

Anyhoo, I think a storyline like that could be more entertaining than the sisters rehashing ancient history.

• 1 year later...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/415aefa343abb39adb72ff8cc00ababd/tumblr_n4gkj6MZUq1txh1pdo1_500.jpg

I imagine it would be a Westerosi version of how I react to suitors for my sisters whom I didn't really like at one point, but stopped caring about.

"Who? Him? At least he's not Joffrey."

Arya will follow up with Sandor by consistently threatening to stick him with the pointy end if he ever mistreats Sansa again. She'll never stop teasing her sister's taste in men.

Lets's give Arya credit. By the time they part, she has already:

1. Figured out he is a mess. Which we know too, and it sets up the QI, and that basically, he needs to heal physically and from within too.

2. She is no longer threatened or intimidated by him. Not that she was…much. She realizes he is a dude with baggage, that screams and curses, but she is unfazed at this point.

3. She realizes he is NOT the enemy. I think he's off the list.

4. I believe she pities him in a way. She did NOT have to help clean his wounds. That is trying to assist him in surviving. She would not kill him even though he asked. She didn't have it in her to do it. She, I think, surprised herself that she couldn't or was unwilling, threw out some mean words like she was angry at herself for hesitating. And jetted with Craven.

She won't be scrutinizing or micromanaging, either her sister or him. If this happened...

I also think it was to his credit that he was willing to serve Robb and the Starks, and that he was willing to take Arya to family. She will remember this.

I like the Hound, but I have never been one to completely excuse his actions regarding Mycah.

But...

Perhaps, Arya will realize that when it comes to the Hound, she is being a little bit of a hypocrite. She too decided to sacrifice an innocent to save her own ass, like the Hound. I mean, didn't she knowingly throw an innocent stable boy under the bus to escape Harrenhal?

Seems she faced the same moral dilemma as the Hound did and made a similar choice. Maybe she'll realize this.

Sophie/Sansa is perfect in her role , get those Tully blue eyes!

Yes, they chose the perfect young girl for that role and Sophie digs red hair! I'm also happy she remains beautiful despite her growing up - I've seen enough pretty little girls who turned out not-so-pretty when they grew up. And vice versa.

For instance, Isaac was an adorable little boy, but as a teen he looks kinda weird. Of course that doesn't mean he won't grow up to be a smokin man one day.

Ok, done with the OT.

As for the Stark sisters and the Hound, I think Arya would initially be shocked and angry, but eventually she might even come to appreciate that Sansa learnt her lesson and is not into pretty princes anymore. I think Arya will always mistrust Sandor, tease him and watch him closely to make sure he doesn't hurt Sansa, but she would accept her sister's choice.

Having said that, I don't think Sansa will ever marry Sandor. I see them as secret lovers while Sansa is married to some lord or king.

Of course it might turn out they will never get the chance for even that, as GRRM might kill Sandor before anything serious happens between SanSan.

I know this is two years old and the OP likely won't see this, but it's not kinslaying if you have no blood with the person. Hence why Victarion killed his wife to avoid kinslaying.

As for Sansa/Sandor and Arya, they'd have some standard in-law issues, but it's a pretty big step down from Lyanna/Rhaegar and Brandon.

Since Sansa and Arya are pretty opposite to begin with, I don't think it would change much, and especially not destroy House Stark.

I see Sansa and Sandor as a beauty and the beast story that was never meant to happen though. Like Rhaella and Bonifer, the sad fact that they never were together is what makes their relationship its most interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I think would be an interesting twist in the sibling rivalry department. I think GRRM is setting Arya up to be a bombshell, will little hints like how her legs are growing long and strong, and the Kindly Man calling her pretty, and so forth. So what if, when they met again, Arya was as or more beautiful than Sansa, a true? That could be a great change in sister-dynamic, not to mention that guys are often attracted to the new girl in town.

Anyhoo, I think a storyline like that could be more entertaining than the sisters rehashing ancient history.

Yeah, because Sansa, of all things, will care if men find Arya attractive, because the things that are happening to two of them are just like "Mean Girls" and Sansa will want to to keep her status as the girl who gets sexually assaulted/has to ward off unwanted male attention the most... :rolleyes:

Please.

I know this is two years old and the OP likely won't see this, but it's not kinslaying if you have no blood with the person. Hence why Victarion killed his wife to avoid kinslaying.

As for Sansa/Sandor and Arya, they'd have some standard in-law issues, but it's a pretty big step down from Lyanna/Rhaegar and Brandon.

Since Sansa and Arya are pretty opposite to begin with, I don't think it would change much, and especially not destroy House Stark.

I see Sansa and Sandor as a beauty and the beast story that was never meant to happen though. Like Rhaella and Bonifer, the sad fact that they never were together is what makes their relationship its most interesting.

Personally, I don't find Rhaella's and Bonifer's story very interesting. Classic story of love that couldn't be because they had to do their 'duty'. She married her terrible brother and we know how that turned out, and Bonifer joined the Faith and become a pious religious freak. Very sad, but really that interesting. Characters who try to either fight or subvert the system are far more interesting.

The whole story is based around sad events. The tragedy is what makes it good. GRRM had the guts to write a sad love story with absolutely no happy ending. They never even got to kiss each other. A real classic story would be if they ended up together in some way. And "fighting the system" isn't necessarily interesting. Robb was pretty stereotypical until his death.

The whole story is based around sad events. The tragedy is what makes it good. GRRM had the guts to write a sad love story with absolutely no happy ending. They never even got to kiss each other. A real classic story would be if they ended up together in some way. And "fighting the system" isn't necessarily interesting. Robb was pretty stereotypical until his death.

Doing something instead of lying down and accepting your fate =/= happy ending.

Bonifer and Rhaella are barely a love story - we get two lines about it from Barristan, and that's it. And I think that most people are far more interested in what really happened with Rhaegar and Lyanna, for instance (and that sure didn't have a happy ending).

Most of the major characters are doing or were doing the former, and if they are not (because they are too young and powerless), are being set up for a situation in which they can do something to affect the events. Many of them had a tragic ending, and many others will. But that's why they're major characters, rather than minor historical characters who are only mentioned in a few paragraphs by Barristan or someone else. Because, if everyone was obedient to their king, liege lord, husband, father, etc., if nobody was raising rebellions or hatching secret plots, if nobody was becoming a kingslayer or a kinslayer, if nobody was freeing slaves or trying to reform the Night Watch, if nobody was running away from their betrothals or breaking their betrothals or breaking their vows, if nobody was murdering their husbands and/or having secret lovers and/or giving birth to bastards, there wouldn't be any story to speak of.

Archived