Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

I voted Galad because I wanted to. I accused Loial of changing his mind because he did and because I'm a hypocrite. Sound about right?

Except from where I'm standing Galad didn't really look like a joke vote, considering your behavior afterwards. Heckling somebody for making a joke in the rp period is a little weird when you've already voted him, and he attempted to help out the newbie you were zoning in on.

This got serious business in a hurry. Which is good, my RP would be along the lines of "hey you, you may or may not be suspicious because of that thing you probably did in the book."

Tuon, while I am not a fan Verin's cryptic poetic check in, I don't think you're asking the right question. I feel the need to check in during the joke stage if that's when I have a minute. Don't reckon it indicates anything at all, and wonder that you're prodding at that. Posting poetic verse for no apparent reason on the other hand makes me twitch a little though, I'm curious to know what that is from, Verin, and why you chose to post it in an otherwise content free check in.

This got serious business in a hurry. Which is good, my RP would be along the lines of "hey you, you may or may not be suspicious because of that thing you probably did in the book."

Tuon, while I am not a fan Verin's cryptic poetic check in, I don't think you're asking the right question. I feel the need to check in during the joke stage if that's when I have a minute. Don't reckon it indicates anything at all, and wonder that you're prodding at that. Posting poetic verse for no apparent reason on the other hand makes me twitch a little though, I'm curious to know what that is from, Verin, and why you chose to post it in an otherwise content free check in.

Nonsense there is still time to flirt outrageously. :love:

There's a difference between a check-in post and a check-in post with either an elaborate explanation or the lyrics or verse. The post read as a need to check in to be seen as checking in. But, regardless, I wanted Verin's answer for why he felt the need to check in. My follow up question would have been regarding the lyrics or whatever they are.

As far as whether it's the right question according to your standards or in the proper order, I ask what I like :shrug:

There's a difference between a check-in post and a check-in post with either an elaborate explanation or the lyrics or verse. The post read as a need to check in to be seen as checking in. But, regardless, I wanted Verin's answer for why he felt the need to check in. My follow up question would have been regarding the lyrics or whatever they are.

As far as whether it's the right question according to your standards or in the proper order, I ask what I like :shrug:

Let me get this straight. You were planning on attacking someone for posting lyrics to a song? In joke-stage? And you even had followed up questions? Methinks you are trying to hard too look helpful.

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Loial (Galad Damodred, Mat Cauthon)

2 votes for Lan Mandragoran (Min Farshaw, Nynaeve al'Meara)

2 votes for Mat Cauthon (Faile Bashere, Aviendha.)

1 vote for Tuon (Moiraine Damodred)

1 vote for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche)

1 vote for Siuan Sanche (Tuon)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Aviendha. (Cadsuane Melaidhrin)

8 players have not voted: Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Perrin Aybara, Thom Merrilin, Verin Mathwin, Loial

Let me get this straight. You were planning on attacking someone for posting lyrics to a song? In joke-stage? And you even had followed up questions? Methinks you are trying to hard too look helpful.

You can think all you want. Methinks you are trying too hard to look aggressive, and not reading properly. Since when is asking a question attacking? As far as I'm concerned asking a question is a good thing. The post felt off to me, and I asked if he felt a need to check in for some reason. In my experience, FM do often feel the need to check in. Asking a question and having a conversation so that I can evaluate someone, isn't a bad thing no matter the conversation.

Is there a reason you want a conversation stopped?

I voted Galad because I wanted to. I accused Loial of changing his mind because he did and because I'm a hypocrite. Sound about right?

Meh, it's enough for now.

Noob =/= Town

Just throwing it out there before anyone tries to use it as a valid argument.

Thanks, now we can't use that as a valid argument to lynch. -.-

Is there a reason you want a conversation stopped?

:shock: By all means, continue on with the conversation. I was just ensuring the sanity of that post, and checking to see what a person can actually learn by questioning someone why they posted lyrics from poem/song. But by all means, I would never do such a thing as to stop someone from learning valuable knowledge that can be used to catch scums.

Wait, Aes Sedai, Asha'manm, and ri are roles, regardless of alignment, right? So there can be an evil Red Ashman, etc., right?

RI will be with the innocent faction. RI=roleless innocent. Aes Sedai and Ahas'man seem to be able to be of any alignment if I'm understanding the rules correctly.

Except from where I'm standing Galad didn't really look like a joke vote, considering your behavior afterwards. Heckling somebody for making a joke in the rp period is a little weird when you've already voted him, and he attempted to help out the newbie you were zoning in on.

Really? My vote on Galad was for reading my mind. Sounds super serious to me.

:shock: By all means, continue on with the conversation. I was just ensuring the sanity of that post, and checking to see what a person can actually learn by questioning someone why they posted lyrics from poem/song. But by all means, I would never do such a thing as to stop someone from learning valuable knowledge that can be used to catch scums.

Oh I can see you're going to be a joy to play with. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to belittle me and intimidate me so early in a game before. Actually I'm not sure I remember it so forcefully ever happening, so hurray to you, you get a gold star.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the content is always the important part of the conversation? Are you seriously trying to suggest that you can't learn something about someone based on their response to a question?

But, by all means continue filling your posts to me with italicized words all designed to prove how stupid or irrelevant my train of thought is. I might actually cower.

*Apple Blossoms in the Wind*

Out of curiosity, were you being serious about thinking voting on the first page was a bad idea? In the other games you followed, did you notice that people usually threw around joke RP votes? How serious was your vote for me?

Sorry to bombard you with questions in your first game. I don't want to scare you off, just understand where you're coming from more. :)

Too apologetic. No like.

Al' Lan Mandragoran, you were supposed to raise Malkier, what are you doing here?

*Tugs braid*

You know you want it.

Tuon

Explain.

Nynaeve al'Meara because this name is just too damn hard to remember, write and/or pronounce.

Verin Mathwin, I was really tempted to vote you. But I had already copy/pasted Nynaeve al'Meara's name and I had done it since the first page.

Don't like the "I almost voted you but - ".

I obviously read that post, which is also why I asked that question in the first place.

You started by saying you were going to vote Loial, which Galad had just done and you vote Galad.

Then you pick on Loial for changing his mind on voting and tou add in a follow up post that you meant to vote Loial and vote him.

It's not consistent. Why did you vote Galad if you wanted to vote Loial from the start? And why did you accuse Loial of changing his mind quickly when you did the same?

Seriously?

Faile raises some good arguments, Mat Cauthon. But at the same time, is it prudent to be so agressive so early on? It seems like you are trying to shine the spotlight on him too early

I mean, seriously? wtf

:stunned:

Gawyn for being the 3rd to jump on the bad case against Mat.

Archived