Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

It is day 1

19 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Faile Bashere, Galad Damodred, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Logain Ablar, Loial, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Loial (Galad Damodred, Mat Cauthon)

2 votes for Lan Mandragoran (Min Farshaw, Nynaeve al'Meara)

2 votes for Mat Cauthon (Faile Bashere, Aviendha.)

1 vote for Tuon (Moiraine Damodred)

1 vote for Nynaeve al'Meara (Siuan Sanche)

1 vote for Siuan Sanche (Tuon)

1 vote for Cadsuane Melaidhrin (Logain Ablar)

1 vote for Aviendha. (Cadsuane Melaidhrin)

1 vote for Gawyn Trakand (Lan Mandragoran)

1 vote for Moiraine Damodred (Perrin Aybara)

6 players have not voted: Egwene al'Vere, Elayne Trakand, Gawyn Trakand, Thom Merrilin, Verin Mathwin, Loial.

*Folding the Air*

You can think all you want. Methinks you are trying too hard to look aggressive, and not reading properly. Since when is asking a question attacking? As far as I'm concerned asking a question is a good thing. The post felt off to me, and I asked if he felt a need to check in for some reason. In my experience, FM do often feel the need to check in. Asking a question and having a conversation so that I can evaluate someone, isn't a bad thing no matter the conversation.

Is there a reason you want a conversation stopped?

Oh I can see you're going to be a joy to play with. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to belittle me and intimidate me so early in a game before. Actually I'm not sure I remember it so forcefully ever happening, so hurray to you, you get a gold star.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the content is always the important part of the conversation? Are you seriously trying to suggest that you can't learn something about someone based on their response to a question?

But, by all means continue filling your posts to me with italicized words all designed to prove how stupid or irrelevant my train of thought is. I might actually cower.

Why so defensive?

I like Aviendha. Her av seems pretty townish.

And this post too.

I disagree. The post says nothing one way or the other to me.

And that av is horrendous. Aviendha is not an adorable little doll. I might have to punch whoever drew that in the eye.

Oh I can see you're going to be a joy to play with. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to belittle me and intimidate me so early in a game before. Actually I'm not sure I remember it so forcefully ever happening, so hurray to you, you get a gold star.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the content is always the important part of the conversation? Are you seriously trying to suggest that you can't learn something about someone based on their response to a question?

But, by all means continue filling your posts to me with italicized words all designed to prove how stupid or irrelevant my train of thought is. I might actually cower.

Oh yay! Gold star :D

Anyways, I was not saying that content is the only important part. But you really think that posting lyrics is alignment-telling? You think scums will do something that foolish? And do you think that town will really monitor every post they put down to see if it looks scummy or not?

You look like you are trying to push a crappy case. And seems to be too stubborn to relize it.

*The Falcon Stoops*

You based a case on what looks like a joke and a cross-post.

I wouldn't call that a case... It didn't look like a cross-post to me, it still doesn't, and if it was I think he would have told us so. I also don't believe jokes to be just jokes.

Logain, since you're up for "serious" business I'd like to ask know why my joking in joke-stage is bad,

Cadsuane, you talk too much. And for all the huff and puff, you haven't said anything worthy of even the slightest value. Why are you spamming the thread for us slow readers?

but then Tuon asking questions in joke stage is also bad.

Let me get this straight. You were planning on attacking someone for posting lyrics to a song? In joke-stage? And you even had followed up questions? Methinks you are trying to hard too look helpful.

what's your angle?

Cadsuane, you talk too much. And for all the huff and puff, you haven't said anything worthy of even the slightest value. Why are you spamming the thread for us slow readers?

I like Aviendha. Her av seems pretty townish.

And this post too.

Logain is quick to defend Aviendha.

Let me get this straight. You were planning on attacking someone for posting lyrics to a song? In joke-stage? And you even had followed up questions? Methinks you are trying to hard too look helpful.

And quick to attack Tuon. Which could also be a defense of Verin. Do not like either.

Meh, it's enough for now.

So do you find anything else suspicious? Since apparently Mat answered ok for now.

Logain, since you're up for "serious" business I'd like to ask know why my joking in joke-stage is bad,

<_< I didn't say anything about your joking. I said you were talking too much without anything whatsoever and that you were spamming uselessly. AKA you want to spam so you look active. Why are you misinterpreting what I said?

Oh yay! Gold star :D

Anyways, I was not saying that content is the only important part. But you really think that posting lyrics is alignment-telling? You think scums will do something that foolish? And do you think that town will really monitor every post they put down to see if it looks scummy or not?

You look like you are trying to push a crappy case. And seems to be too stubborn to relize it.

No, I don't think that posting lyrics is an alignment tell. Do I think that scum would do something that foolish, yes, I've seen scum do some foolish stuff before.

You are missing the point. I'm not even pushing a case. I simply asked a question. The post to me read as if the person was checking in because they felt they had to, which isn't even an alignment tell as far as I'm concerned. There could be several reason why the person felt they had to check in, which I don't even know yet because they haven't answered and I've said nothing more about it before being questioned about why I dared to question someone.

You are going overboard though because I never once pushed a case, but asked a question and am defending the right to have a conversation. It's very strange to me though the lengths you are going to discredit me before I even have the conversation.

I wouldn't call that a case... It didn't look like a cross-post to me, it still doesn't, and if it was I think he would have told us so. I also don't believe jokes to be just jokes.

Does it really not look like a cross-post? Did you check the time stamps?

*Parting the Silk*

You find that more interesting than people thinking an attempt at a conversation is stupid?

I don't think anybody said that.

Your question to Verin was fine to me. But somebody criticizing you for trying to hard to look helpful is also okay. Neither one stands out.

But yeah, I'm annoyed at the tone of the posts I responded to. So what?

Because there's nothing that merits being annoyed. Huge overreaction.

Trying to decide what that indicates about your alignment, if anything.

*Parting the Silk*

Your question to Verin was fine to me. But somebody criticizing you for trying to hard to look helpful is also okay. Neither one stands out.

Because there's nothing that merits being annoyed. Huge overreaction.

Oh well, I'll *try* to react more appropriately according to your standards. Telling me that my question was stretching and thinking it looked like I was trying to be too helpful is one thing. However, saying that I attacked someone when all I did was ask a question is another. It's even another thing to reply sarcastically implying my sanity is in question and that I wouldn't be able to learn anything from the question I did ask. So, yeah, I'm annoyed.

*Parting the Silk*

Your question to Verin was fine to me.  But somebody criticizing you for trying to hard to look helpful is also okay.  Neither one stands out.

Because there's nothing that merits being annoyed.  Huge overreaction.

You feel the need to jump in.... why?

You seem to jump in at a good opportunity :shrug:

<_< I didn't say anything about your joking. I said you were talking too much without anything whatsoever and that you were spamming uselessly. AKA you want to spam so you look active. Why are you misinterpreting what I said?

And how is that a misrepresentation, come again? Because those posts were obviously RP.

Archived