Can wargs enter and control the Dragons?

Ihab

This has been discussed a lot, but I'm too lazy to look for other threads to link to now :P

I think it is possible, but only under certain circumstances. For one, it would have to be a very strong skinchanger, as the dragons seem to have a very wild and strong personality, probably comparable to a human.

Second - and this is where my crackpottery comes in, I think the warg would have to have high tolerance for heat, because dragons are "fire made flesh", so I guess they are really..umm..hot inside.

Imo that could mean that Jon, being a warg and also half Targ could warg and control a dragon, considering that Targs might have a higher tolerance for heat - NOT FIRE(not having another of those discussions...).

Of course the more accepted theory is that it's Bran, because he's so strong and the whole "winged wolf" thingy, and I agree that it's more likely, but I stand by my little pet theory. :smug:

Btw., I use the terms warg ans skinchanger interchangeably, so don't be nitpicky k?

:drool: < ----- me just by imagining this chapter

Oh yes!

That would certainly be challenging to write, but could be totally awesome.

Same with a direwolf chapter. I'm totally rooting for a GhostJon chapter in TWOW where he goes to Winterfell and uses Ramsay's ass as a chewing toy :devil:.

I think a strong warg could possess a dragon. My question is...how close would he need to be for that to happen? It seems that the possessed animal can be controlled from a long distance away but how close does the skinchanger need to be to take over originally?

This is something GRRM has been asked about and his answer was very coy, as it should be, BUT there was a particular flavor to this coyness, a different sort of coy than he usually is when asked questions he won't give the answers to.

So I'm prepared to ride that particular flavor of coyness to a resounding yes. Someone will be warging into a dragon.

This is something GRRM has been asked about and his answer was very coy, as it should be, BUT there was a particular flavor to this coyness, a different sort of coy than he usually is when asked questions he won't give the answers to.

So I'm prepared to ride that particular flavor of coyness to a resounding yes. Someone will be warging into a dragon.

Any chance you'd happen to have a SSM or something so I can read the coyness m'self? :D

Any chance you'd happen to have a SSM or something so I can read the coyness m'self? :D

It was a video interview, so there were fun visual queues as well as verbal. Finding which one though, would mean rewatching hours of GRRM interviews. Which WILL happen at some point (no promises as to when though).

I suspect it has something to do with the Hellhorn.

My personal theory is that if the person who blows the horn is being warged at the time, the warg then takes control of the dragon. Not sure how you designate a particular dragon to a particular horn, but it probably involves fire and blood.

I am not sure if you will need to warg a dragon to control a dragon. While this is a very far fetched theory it goes something like this: If I was a warg I would warg a rat and sneak up on a dragon when it sleeps. I would then climb up its body and go right inside of its ear cavity. From here I can either really mess with the dragons equilibrium or kill the dragon. Both of which are win win situations for the non dragon team. Now at the point where the dragon knows he is up a creek I would offer him a choice. I will stop eating his inner ear if he makes it easier for me to warg him, drawing upon all smart beings need for self preservation.

There is a reason why ancient Valyrians did not go to Westeros on their dragons and I believe it has a lot to do with Wargs.

I think wargs are the reason Westeros was pretty much completely untouched by the Valyrians back in the days of their glory. They feared the wargs who could take over their dragons, thus they left Westeros alone.

Or they simply found Westeros too much of a backwater to even bother taking it over as they had better things to do.

I think wargs are the reason Westeros was pretty much completely untouched by the Valyrians back in the days of their glory. They feared the wargs who could take over their dragons, thus they left Westeros alone.

Or they simply found Westeros too much of a backwater to even bother taking it over as they had better things to do.

Wargs or winter. Somehow I can't imagine dragons playing in the snow :)

I say yes. Not only can they be warged, at least one will be.

ETA: And I also like the idea that a big reason the Valyrians left Westeros alone for so long is because they feared wargs.

I think the skinchanger are one of the reasons Valyria (the other the anti slavery mentality in westeros) never intented to invade

Archived