Old-Timers Reunion Thread

what is a "true" old timer?

It's all relative, ain't it? But Min was there in 1998, at least three boards before this one. For those few of us from back then who are still around (and there weren't all that many in the first place), it's nice to see her. Plus, I owe her a picture of me in a dress, so now I can finally pay up.

So, I started posting in 2003. That's 9 yeara ago shortly before my daughter was born. I don't feel like an "oldtimer", am I one?

Well, like I sad, it's all relative....

To me, Ran, KAH, and LindaElane are "old-timers" because they posted before me. But every once in a while, Sword of the Morning, mouse, or someone else checks in, so I figured I'd send up a flare just in case.

Isn't calling yourself an oldtimer just a crotchety way of saying that you wish you got more respect from the noobs?

You know, when I was a kid, I had to walk ten miles in the snow to school.

As Balefont said, with no respect to LadyMin, of course :)

Look, when I first posted, we used typewriters to post. And look, I'm the Former Lord of Winterfell for a reason. At some point, they just kick us geezers out.

Did she post already or something? And if not, how in the hell did you find out so quick, Jeff? I just found out about Min's joining this board on Facebook.

ETA: he'll to hell. Fucking iPad.

Didn't we just have one of these sort of?

Oh yeah

Of course, no disrespect to Min. :)

Jesus Christ, Bale. That was, like, two weeks ago. Which means we are actually about a week late for the newest iteration of the "I've been here X years, I'm cool!" thread.

No disrespect to Min intended, of course. :)

Did she post already or something? And if not, how in the hell did you find out so quick, Jeff? I just found out about Min's joining this board on Facebook.

ETA: he'll to hell. Fucking iPad.

She did it in "Introductions", and PM'd me, but I posted this because I thought those of us who remembered her would want to know. I'm sure she'd love to say hello. Someone just needs to track down the ever-elusive Prince ByTor too, eh?

So, I started posting in 2003. That's 9 yeara ago shortly before my daughter was born. I don't feel like an "oldtimer", am I one?

Anyone with over 30,000 posts, I think, would seriously qualify you as an oldtimer.

All you n00bs need to get out of this thread.

:leaving:

What's really impressive about Scot's post count is that it actually reset when we moved boards - so that's 30k posts after we moved. That's a seriously large number of passive aggressive leading questions asked!

Bytor suffocated. I thought everyone knew that.

What's really impressive about Scot's post count is that it actually reset when we moved boards - so that's 30k posts after we moved. That's a seriously large number of passive aggressive leading questions asked!

:lol:

That required more than just a "like."

and, yes, that is truly impressive. :bowdown:

ByTor suffocated. I thought everyone knew that.

Hahaha... And was shortly revived between a pair of gummy bears. I do think the old swordfish might be around from time to time, but that's a guess. I don't know nothing.

She did it in "Introductions", and PM'd me, but I posted this because I thought those of us who remembered her would want to know. I'm sure she'd love to say hello. Someone just needs to track down the ever-elusive Prince ByTor too, eh?

I volunteer Trebla, armed with proper antibiotic eye drops, to go check all the strip joints.

Archived