236 replies to this topic

#1 Westeros

Westeros

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

James Hibberd at EW has the exclusive new trailer for the second seasons of Game of Thrones, with a decidedly different style to earlier trailers as it uses the song “Seven Devils ” by Florence + the Machine (note: big fans!) over images of war and turmoil in the Seven Kingdoms. Many of the shots are those we’ve seen before… but there’s a slightly better glimpse of Pyat Pree, some new dialog from Tyrion that comes from the novel, and some nice shots from Iceland.
Check it out!

Visit the Site!

#2 Arkash

Arkash

Time Lord beyond the Sunset Sea

• Members
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Not so new... the interesting thing is this use of modern music which is quite good... as for the content: good to see those amazing lines of Tyrion kept...

#3 tyrions sliced nose

tyrions sliced nose

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

need youtube clip

#4 Winter's Lady

Winter's Lady

Spearwife in Disguise

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Love it. As anything GOT these days. I like that they used a modern song this time, attracts a different type of audience maybe? IDK I'm no marketing person. I just hope they will keep the style of music within the show constant to the last season. But I don't really doubt they will.

Not too much new footage, but that last shot of the rider with the Stark banner and Winterfell in the distance...beautiful.
I think visually this season will be even more impressive than the last.

#5 tyrions sliced nose

tyrions sliced nose

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

april is coming(not soon enough)

#6 ipsuel

ipsuel

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

I stumbled across this about an hour ago... and although I like it (cuz its GoT) it just seems so different with the music and the whole Seven Devils things... I don't know... I like the few newer scenes we get -- but I think overall, I'm not a fan...

The *vibe* I get from it isn't as _____ (can't think of the word) as the other 2 trailers.

#7 ofacloud

ofacloud

monsterful

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Beautiful!

Love Florence, Love GOT. It is possible to love two at once /lol.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

EDIT: I wonder are these "white walkers" wildlings? Or did the NW bring a disguise?

Edited by A Free Shadow, 03 March 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#8 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Wallflower

• Members
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Robb+Jeyne /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Can somebody type what Robb says after Jaime's "three victories don't make you a conqueror"? I cannot understand him properly ... "three" what?

#9 Francis Buck

Francis Buck

pleistocene vampire

• Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Robb+Jeyne /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Can somebody type what Robb says after Jaime's "three victories don't make you a conqueror"? I cannot understand him properly ... "three" what?

"It's better than three defeats".

Edited by Francis Buck, 03 March 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#10 boojam

boojam

Council Member

• Members
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Love it. As anything GOT these days. I like that they used a modern song this time, attracts a different type of audience maybe? IDK I'm no marketing person. I just hope they will keep the style of music within the show constant to the last season. But I don't really doubt they will.

Not too much new footage, but that last shot of the rider with the Stark banner and Winterfell in the distance...beautiful.
I think visually this season will be even more impressive than the last.

I remember how the gem of film Ladyhawke (1985) was spoiled by an awful an awful score.
The juxtaposition of the contemporary music with the medieval setting was horrible!

#11 Maroucia

Maroucia

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Even though the music is good, I’m not sure I like it for GOT… It does not work together well for me… I hope they won’t start putting modern day music in the show! Please no! /frown5.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':frown5:' /> /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

#12 The_Gallows_Knight

The_Gallows_Knight

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Is it just me or is Tyrion wearing his "hand-chain" when he is in armor?

#13 David C. Hunter

David C. Hunter

King Beyond the Lands of Always Winter

• Members
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

I cannot tell you why, but this is probably my favorite trailer. The music is just....The dark tones are amazing.

#14 Mendoza

Mendoza

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I like the shot of Tywin Lannister strolling in on horse looking like he owns the place and then there's a cut to Arya Stark, who looks like she's been through all kinds of hell.

#15 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Wallflower

• Members
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

"It's better than three defeats".

Thank you!

#16 Aximand

Aximand

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I stumbled across this about an hour ago... and although I like it (cuz its GoT) it just seems so different with the music and the whole Seven Devils things... I don't know... I like the few newer scenes we get -- but I think overall, I'm not a fan...

The *vibe* I get from it isn't as _____ (can't think of the word) as the other 2 trailers.

I agree, something about the music sort of ruins the trailer for me. It just doesn't seem as epic with modern music I guess.

#17 Hyper

Hyper

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

This is a truly epic and cinematic looking trailer.
I love the last shot of Winterfell with the Stark bannerman.

EDIT: Here is an animated GIF of the last scene: http://28.media.tumb...dwjt6o1_500.gif

Edited by Hyper, 03 March 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#18 Roose Seal

Roose Seal

Shower me with club sauce

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I literally lol'ed when the Hound slashes at that guy and there's an EXPLOSION of blood.... but it's delayed.

Also : yay for Hand chain

Edited by The Lost Direwolf, 03 March 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#19 Maroucia

Maroucia

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

I literally lol'ed when the Hound slashes at that guy and there's an EXPLOSION of blood.... but it's delayed.

Also : yay for Hand chain

LOVE THAT!!!!

#20 ipsuel

ipsuel

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

I agree, something about the music sort of ruins the trailer for me. It just doesn't seem as epic with modern music I guess.

Yes, that's what it is! It doesn't seem as epic... it just seems... well, kinda like a 2012 TV show /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />