Was GRRM an unknown writer before HBO?

cseresz.reborn

Be civil guys. The new guy asked an honest question even if it was phrased somewhat indelicately. We should also remember that just because we spend all our time in the fan bubble we shouldn't expect others to.

We could mention Wildcards, Armegedon Rag, Ice Dragon, Sandkings and Windhaven and have a common frame of reference the OP would not have a clue what we were talking about.

It goes back to something GRRM said about his Beauty and the Beast days you could write the best short story ever and the worst TV script ever and more people would watch the TV show then read the story. Its just the way it works.

We should also remember that just because we spend all our time in the fan bubble we shouldn't expect other to.

Except i'm not a fan. And i would say a number of people here would count themselves in the same category, perhaps only showing up to these forums for the non-ASOIAF conversations. I enjoy his books, but i have issues with the length of times between books and i'm critical of series that fail to do much of anything after hundreds of thousands of words. Also, google is a friend to everyone, and showing up without doing the smallest amount of research can produce a number of scoffs.

Except i'm not a fan. And i would say a number of people here would count themselves in the same category, perhaps only showing up to these forums for the non-ASOIAF conversations. I enjoy his books, but i have issues with the length of times between books and i'm critical of series that fail to do much of anything after hundreds of thousands of words.

Agree. I lurked a long while, reading stuff from the old rec threads, and didn't join until I had at least read GoT(now read all in the series). But it was Abercrombie discussion threads that caused me to join in the first place.

Archived