What Moment Touched Your Heart?emotional writing
Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:35 AM
Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:43 AM
Every time I read that I start to cry!
The bleakness of Arya's final chapters in ASoS gets to me as well.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:02 AM
"Aemon’s blind white eyes came open. 'Egg?' he said, as the rain streamed down his cheeks. 'Egg, I dreamed that I was old.'"
Interactions between Brienne and Septon Meribald. Thoros' speech to Brienne at the end of Feast.
Manderly telling Davos of his plans
In the show :
"All I know is she was the one thing I ever wanted... .Someone took her away from me ..and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind."
Edited by The Lost Direwolf, 07 March 2012 - 06:02 AM.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:04 AM
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:07 AM
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:09 AM
Arya's final ASOS chapters.
Sam's speech about Aemon.
Theon ADWD arc.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:11 AM
Everytime the Stark kids think of each other, especially Jon and Arya.
When Bran/Summer saved Jon from the wildlings in ASOS, they were so close and Jon never knew
When Jon says good bye to Ghost before climbing the Wall, i was so afraid they would never be together again.
Davos writing to his wife and children when he thought he was gonna die. Davos thinking about his four dead sons
Robb being killed in front of Catelyn, Grey wind's head and all the fucking RW
Theon, Theon, and a lot of Theon/Reek.
Edited by Val the Wildling Princess, 07 March 2012 - 06:12 AM.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:24 AM
Sansa's snow castle(btw check out Little Miss sunshine's poem about that in the RW song thread! ), until Littlefinger showed up...no wait, actually the saddest part was when Sweetrobin destroyed it with his doll.
Maester Aemon waking up and saying something like "Egg, I dreamed I was old" oh btw in "The Sworn Sword" when the Red Widow says to Dunk that she would have maried him if he was of higher birth!
ReekTheon in the godswood at Winterfell, when he thinks he shouls have died with Robb
When Bran and Co leave Osha with dying Maester Luwin(--> mercy kill going on there)
These books know how to pull my heartstrings!
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:24 AM
Edited by Lady of Oldcastle, 07 March 2012 - 07:05 AM.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:47 AM
- Maester Aemon last days and Sam speech...
- Sansa building the snow castle and then SR and LF ruining everything
- Theon's regret and the last scene when we sees Asha
And many other minor events that get me every time...
Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:19 AM
I just got up and read the additions so far, and I am so sorry, I still don't have any "Like This" marks! Damn those songs and poems for the Red Wedding!
Keep going guys, I think we've only touched the surface.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:26 AM
- when Jon goes to say bye to Bran and he is actually scared of Catelyn but he goes in anyway and kisses bran goodbye. When Catelyn calls him back and he still has enough hope to be cut when she says it should have been him. Gives a really sad insight into how cold she must have always been to him.
- when Jon says goodbye to both Arya and Robb.
- Jon asking Tyrion to help Bran, Tyrion keeping his word.
- When the wolves attack Tyrion and he wets himself.
- When all the dead Starks died, and their wolves.
- The story about the Unsullied slave who said prostitutes to hold him.
- when the dragons are locked away and Viserion trys to fly to Dany and the chains make him fall.
- when Bran wargs into Hodor and he goes inside himself and hides
- when we hear the story about how when Hodor was a young teenager and was cornered by much smaller boys but he just cried and wouldn't fight back.
- podrick being lost without Tyrion
- bronn naming lolly's baby Tyrion
- the big black brother carrying Sam and wanting a raven like Mormonts
loads more but hard to recall them when you aren't reading them presently.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:19 AM
- Ned's death
- The Red Wedding
- When Arya reached The Twins but couldn't get in cus the RW was already on it's way
- Oberyn Martell's death
Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:29 AM
And Bran and Rickon crying inside Maester Luwin's room as a raven arrives, knowing it carried the news of Ned's death.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:38 AM
Edited by Thunderfist, 07 March 2012 - 08:38 AM.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:41 AM
Ned stuck in the dungeons thinking about his family.
Theon not feeling welcome at Pyke.
Davos learning to write and read.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:21 AM
I loved that scene. Everything that had gone "right" for Tyrion in GoT goes horribly, horribly wrong... but in the end, his brother saved him.
For all the good it did...
Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:06 AM
If only the conversation ended there...
Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:20 AM
Nymeria bring catelyn body out of the river
jon remebering sansa and arya when he is with the wildlings
Theon meeting ashain stannis camp
the descriptionn of the unsullies training
arya runnign toward the RW and got hit by the hound
pretty merry description
Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:23 AM