A Thread for Small Questions XV

Angalin

A few questions left over from the last thread, some of which were answered there - tossing a bone to start you off:

What are the ages of Jon Snow and Aegon as of ADWD? - (I don't have my copy with me).

I only ask because Jon seems considerably more mature but he should be younger, right? It just seems a bit odd.

Where do wards go? Or, to be specific, what was Theon supposed to do with his life? Was he ever to be released to his father? Was he to get lands in the North?

Hey, first post on here. Don't think my question justifies it's own thread but I've always wanted to know. Has George Martin ever said why Robb was never given any point of view chapters?

Did Brandon come up with the idea that Rhaegar raped and kidnapped Lyanna by himself? Or did someone tell him that's what happened?

Did Brandon come up with the idea that Rhaegar raped and kidnapped Lyanna by himself? Or did someone tell him that's what happened?

We don't know for sure, some speculations about this can be found here: http://asoiaf.wester...erts-rebellion/

What are the ages of Jon Snow and Aegon as of ADWD? - (I don't have my copy with me).

http://asoiaf.wester...character-ages/ best thread I found about character ages, but it won"t help you much about Aegon

edit: see post 9

My own question: How old is Arya at the end of the ADwD?

Jaqen H'ghar = business across the Narrow Sea is meeting up with Euron, right? and then he comes back and kills Balon Greyjoy? And now he is at the citadel posing as Pate? The Narrow Sea thing had me a little confused but this seems to follow the sequence properly.

Do you think the Original Weasel was Arya's inner child? She cried a lot at first and so forth. Did I ask this before?

Marie

Probably because he knew he was going to die. None of the kings of the war of five kings had POVs.

I agreed, the red wedding was planed since the beginning (it supposed to be the end of book one), so Robb was always a secondarily character but we (most of us, anyway) liked him to much.

Undoubtedly a thread somewhere, but the with the search function down:

During the tourney of Harrenhal, who is "a maid with laughing purple eyes", and subsequently who are her dancing partners: the white sword, the red snake, the lord of griffins? And is the quiet wolf Eddard?

Undoubtedly a thread somewhere, but the with the search function down:

During the tourney of Harrenhal, who is "a maid with laughing purple eyes", and subsequently who are her dancing partners: the white sword, the red snake, the lord of griffins? And is the quiet wolf Eddard?

Maid with laughing purple eyes= Ashara Dayne

White sword= could refer to Ser Arthur Dayne (who's sword is pale white) or another member of the Kingsguard, such as Ser Barristan.

Red snake= Red Viper

Lord of griffins= Jon Connington

The quiet wolf is indeed Eddard Stark.

Undoubtedly a thread somewhere, but the with the search function down: During the tourney of Harrenhal, who is "a maid with laughing purple eyes", and subsequently who are her dancing partners: the white sword, the red snake, the lord of griffins? And is the quiet wolf Eddard?

Ashara Dayne. One of the Kingsguard (most likely her brother Arthur, since he is the white sword whose family emblem is actually a white sword, and he's her brother, so would probably hang out with her when 'off duty'). Oberyn Martell. Jon Connington. Yes.

Not one thread, many many threads!

Jaqen H'ghar = business across the Narrow Sea is meeting up with Euron, right? and then he comes back and kills Balon Greyjoy? And now he is at the citadel posing as Pate? The Narrow Sea thing had me a little confused but this seems to follow the sequence properly.

It's never clear, but that's a valid interpretation. As to your other question, I have no idea how to answer, but it's like the theories that the hooded man in Winterfell was actually Theon himself, isn't it?

Maid with laughing purple eyes= Ashara Dayne

White sword= could refer to Ser Arthur Dayne (who's sword is pale white) or another member of the Kingsguard, such as Ser Barristan.

Red snake= Red Viper

Lord of griffins= Jon Connington

The quiet wolf is indeed Eddard Stark.

So is this the first mention of Ashara Dayne? Interestingly, there's a slight hint to R+L in there, but there's also the slightly less subtle hint that Ashara is a potential mother of Jon. So you could potentially read that section, believe Ashara is Jon's mother and that you'd been very astute to pick up on it!

So is this the first mention of Ashara Dayne? Interestingly, there's a slight hint to R+L in there, but there's also the slightly less subtle hint that Ashara is a potential mother of Jon. So you could potentially read that section, believe Ashara is Jon's mother and that you'd been very astute to pick up on it!

Ashara was first mentioned as a possible candidate for Jon's mother in one of Catelyn's early chapters in AGOT.

Dragonfish is right, Ashara's name was floated early in Game of Thrones. And her purple eyes were mentioned there, too, because that's how she's identified in the Harrenhal tourney story. Another thing ... if we're meant to infer that she got pregnant at the Harenhal tourney, then she can't be Jon's mother (or at least, the baby conceived at Harrenhal can't be Jon).

Did Galbert Glover survive the RW? prisoner perhaps?

He wasn't there. In one of the Catelyn chapters on the way to the Red Wedding we hear that Galbart Glover is being sent to find Howland Reed in one ship and Maege Mormont in another. They're to break off from the army with Jason Mallister, who's to provide the ships. We haven't heard anything from them since.

At the time, Robb is planning to draw the attention of the Moat Callin garrison of Ironmen with his main force marching up the causeway under the Greatjohn while Robb slips off with Howland Reed and his crannogman to attack by secret crannog ways and take the castle from the rear. Maege and Galbart are supposed to clue Howland in on his part of the plan.

Galbart was not at the RW. He went with Maege Mormont into the Neck (with a copy of Robb's Will) to find Greywater Watch and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Pretty sure the copy of Robb's will part is a popular supposition by fans, not something in the books. But Maege and Galbart would know who he named in the will, as it says all his lords witnessed it. Pre Dance, lots assumed Howland had Rickon Stark, too.

Archived