When did Cersei Become your Favourite Character?

Fragile Bird

Well since there's a love-in going on for Jaime, why don't we start a parallel one for Cersei and see what comes out of the woodwork.

Feel free to explain why you love her, or not. Write with a straight face, or not.

There are rules here: be polite, no flaming, no trolls.

I loved her before she got her own POV. I still think she's fascinating, but only as far as mad kings and queens go. I'm looking forward to reading her demise, but that's all; most of the time she appears now I smirk and wonder what new way to bring chaos to Westeros she has found now.

I loved her before she got her own POV. I still think she's fascinating, but only as far as mad kings and queens go. I'm looking forward to reading her demise, but that's all; most of the time she appears now I smirk and wonder what new way to bring chaos to Westeros she has found now.

Congratulations Lady O! You get the prize for being the first brave soul to post! And thank you for being polite, mademoiselle!

When she refused to follow Ned's dumb suggestion to run away and instead hit back. "In the Game of Thrones you win or you die'.

No matter what you feel about Cersei, it was an awesome line.

When she fucked Jaime,in front of her son's corpse,whilst on her period.I adored her in that scene.

:smileysex:

World would be a better place if there were more women like that.

Are you breaking my rules already? :devil: Well, I guess you're being polite.

Edit: Ahem, rude, but polite.

"“A sweeter cup than your father served Rhaegar’s children,” Ned said, “and kinder than you deserve. Your father and your brothers would do well to go with you. Lord Tywin’s gold will buy you comfort and hire swords to keep you safe. You shall need them. I promise you, no matter where you flee, Robert’s wrath will follow you, to the back of beyond if need be.”

The queen stood. “And what of my wrath, Lord Stark?” she asked softly." -> right there, when she reminds Ned that she too is dangerous.

This one is easy:

"I have made more mistakes than you can possibly imagine,” Ned said, “but that was not one of them.”

“Oh, but it was, my lord,” Cersei insisted. “When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.”

She turned up her hood to hide her swollen face and left him there in the dark beneath the oak, amidst the quiet of the godswood, under a blue-black sky. The stars were coming out.

Edit: Incidentally, it also doubles as the moment when I realized Ned was going to die.

She is far from my favorite favourite (lol) character. She is not even my fav antagonist.

Having said that, i love the Lioness from the start. She has been queen for 3 kings, seen twice the amount of hands, makes threats to Ned, Tyrion and then backs em up. Yet she is also pretty and sexy and... loves her children. I hope that she manages to shrug off that walk and kicks the Tyrells flowery ass

She is far from my favorite favourite (lol) character. She is not even my fav antagonist.

Having said that, i love the Lioness from the start. She has been queen for 3 kings, seen twice the amount of hands, makes threats to Ned, Tyrion and then backs em up. Yet she is also pretty and sexy and... loves her children. I hope that she manages to shrug off that walk and kicks the Tyrells flowery ass

Oh Ndrew! Aren't you just the sweetest thing - not only can you write flippin' great songs, but that was so polite of you to write in Canadian. :D

World would be a better place if there were more women like that.

A polite, curious question--the world would be a better place if there were more women who would fuck while on their period, or would fuck in front of their dead children, or both? There's plenty of women in the world in the first category, not so much in the second or third.

The best thing about Cersei to me is her fierce love for her children, particularly Joffrey, even though it is intrinsically linked with her narcissism. She is so pissed when the Tyrells want Margaery to marry Tommen immediately after Joffrey's death, and she wonders if Margaery even mourns Joffrey. Even though Joffrey was a monster, wouldn't most mothers react the same way? As in, "seriously, my son just died, and without any mourning period or sign of grief on your part, you want to marry my other son. Well, FU!" Cersei has to capitulate in the end, but I thought this was very relatable.

When she fucked Jaime,in front of her son's corpse,whilst on her period.I adored her in that scene.

:smileysex:

Lol, you have to admit that she's extroverted. Anyway, from a summer Islander perspective, they were mourning Joff.

Cersei is far from being my favorite character but "Tell Lord Gyles that he doesn't have my leave to die" is Lannister gold.

Cersei is the character I love to hate! She is at the far end of the extreme opposite from Ned with his honor. Even though I love to hate her, she is a strong female character and strong females are always viewed as being a bitch, and I think that is unfair and gender biased.

A polite, curious question--the world would be a better place if there were more women who would fuck while on their period, or would fuck in front of their dead children, or both? There's plenty of women in the world in the first category, not so much in the second or third.

The best thing about Cersei to me is her fierce love for her children, particularly Joffrey, even though it is intrinsically linked with her narcissism. She is so pissed when the Tyrells want Margaery to marry Tommen immediately after Joffrey's death, and she wonders if Margaery even mourns Joffrey. Even though Joffrey was a monster, wouldn't most mothers react the same way? As in, "seriously, my son just died, and without any mourning period or sign of grief on your part, you want to marry my other son. Well, FU!" Cersei has to capitulate in the end, but I thought this was very relatable.

I think Cersei knew she should be grateful that the Tyrells wanted to marry Margaery to Tommen to keep House Tyrell on the Lannister side, and that made her hate it even more, because she needed them. They could have abandoned the Lannisters and sought out an alliance with Stannis. The Tyrells have money, power, and if I remember correctly, the largest host, (at least that was what I remember from aGoT and aSoS) larger than Tywin's.

I love to hate Cersei, so I guess in that way you could say she's one of my favorites. Every good book needs an evil antagonist, and Cersei is perfect for the part: narcissistic, power-hungry, a little insane, selfish, etc. I pretty much despised her in the beginning, and then she continually did worse and worse things along the way. Her trying to have Arya lose a hand when Joff was lying was the first scene when I wanted Cersei dead. When she tried to seduce Eddard to try to get him not to reveal Joff not being Robert's son, that angered me also. Perhaps her low point for me was how she treated Margaery Tyrell, and of course her "Let them eat cake" moments. She has a lot lol. I see her as an absolutely irredeemable character at this point, and no matter how hard GRRM tries, I don't think there's any way I could feel sorry for her. I will admit, though, the novels wouldn't be anywhere near as good without her.

Archived