Who would be your hand/commander of the king's guard?

jsjoslin18

Who would be your hand of the king/ Commander of the king's guard?

Take all political and social factors into account, for me I want either Willas Tyrell or Tyrion as hands. and Barristan Selmy as my Commander.... who else?

Why Willas as Hand hes a nobody?

I like Selmy too but id pick the new Jaime. He makes moves doesn't just sit around. Cant go wrong either way.

But the best Hand would be Stannis

Why Willas as Hand hes a nobody?

I like Selmy too but id pick the new Jaime. He makes moves doesn't just sit around. Cant go wrong either way.

But the best Hand would be Stannis

A nobody? The man is heir to High Garden. He might not be a great warrior like his younger brothers but honestly he will some day be Garlan's liege lord, I would by no way say that he is a no body.

Why would Stannis be the best Hand? His actions thus far in the books suggest quite the opposite. He's been a terrible ruler so far.

As for the Hand it is a toss up for me. I like what Tyrion did while hand and of course Tywin would be an excellent hand for anyone. Those would likely be my top two choices. Mace would probably make a good choice because of his mother. And of course Ned would have to be in consideration as well. If we are talking simply people who are still alive then I have to go with Tyrion.

LC of the KG is a no brainer, Barristan the Bold.

Willas is a nobody, he sits at High Garden doing nothing during a war. Just because he is heir to House Tyrell and High Garden doesn't make him anything. What on earth makes him a good Hand he hasn't??

And how has Stannis been a terrible ruler? He fights in battles with his men, makes just decisions (Davos getting Knighted and getting his fingers shorten) Its not Stannis fault no one wanted him as King but that doesn't make him a bad ruler!

Any I said Stannis for Hand not King. As Hand Stannis would do as the King told him and there isn't a better man in all of Westeros that follows Commands/Orders better then Stannis. Look at the mans track record, he did everything Robert asked him.

Isn't that what a Hands Job is suppose to be, rule as the King tells you.

Davos has proven to be an excellent Hand to Stannis. He tells him the hard truth when no one else will. He's humble and unambitious so he won't scheme to take your throne. He is just a decent, stand up guy that you would like and want to have around you.

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barristan Selmy, obviously. He is loyal, trustworthy and gets the job done. He single-handedly rescued Aerys from Denys Darklyn during the Defiance of Duskendale.

Willas is a nobody, he sits at High Garden doing nothing during a war. Just because he is heir to House Tyrell and High Garden doesn't make him anything. What on earth makes him a good Hand he hasn't??

And how has Stannis been a terrible ruler? He fights in battles with his men, makes just decisions (Davos getting Knighted and getting his fingers shorten) Its not Stannis fault no one wanted him as King but that doesn't make him a bad ruler!

Any I said Stannis for Hand not King. As Hand Stannis would do as the King told him and there isn't a better man in all of Westeros that follows Commands/Orders better then Stannis. Look at the mans track record, he did everything Robert asked him.

Isn't that what a Hands Job is suppose to be, rule as the King tells you.

So since Howland Reed didn't join in the war does that make him a no body? By that logic all of the Vale lords are no body's as well. I never said that Willas would make a good hand, I just think that calling the heir to High Garden (the current most powerful family in the realm) a no body is honestly just ignorant. The Tyrells have held their hand very close to the vest, no one knows what Willas is up to.

Yes Stannis is a terrible ruler. What on Earth has he done? The only thing he has done since he named himself king is kill his brother and send his men to defeat a bunch of wildlings. What battles have you seen Stannis fight in? How many men did he slay in the Blackwater? How many wildlings did he kill at the wall?

What good decisions has Stannis made that makes you think he's a good ruler? That might be a better question. He was embarrassed on the Blackwater, he murdered his brother, he is completely dependent on a priestess who's powers are completely medicore compared to others, he has alienated people around him and completely split his forces between queens men and kings men. Not to mention marching his men into what is certain death, likely without even drawing their swords. Stannis is a walking disaster.

First of all the Tyrells are just Stewards in my mind, given High Garden as a reward for surrendering it.

And to compare Howland Reed to Willas, lol come on be real

Stannis is a known Battle Commander, having fought for Robert

Here's a nice one for you and your Tyrell love, Stannis held Storms End against Mace Tyrell siege under desperate conditions. Then took Dragonstone. He also destroyed much of the Iron Fleet during Greyjoy rebellion.

What else do you need me to say, Willas is a nobody compared to Stannis! I'm not saying Stannis is a good King just that he is one hell of a Battle Commander and would make a great Hand. Read the gift Theon Chapter from TWOW and you will see how Stannis does shit

One more thing, you talk about the Blackwater fight as if Stannis did nothing wrong. Remember he was winning that fight until the so call undead Renly came to fight with the Tyrells. O yeah and Tyrion maybe the smartest person in all the books was Hand and did a wonderful job holding Kings Landing with the small force he had

My Hand would be Stannis Baratheon, because he is just so bad-ass and a very good commander of battles. And he's not bad at politics either, judging by his tenacity in the North. plus, with me as King he wouldn't meet the same fate other Hands did.

My Lord Commander of the Kingsguard would be Ser Jorah Mormont.

Hand: Davos

Head of KG: reinstate Selmy

Coin: Tyrion*

Master of Whispers: Bran*

*Kill Varys and Littlefinger; they are both too treacherous.

Adding King's Justice: Nymeria or Drogon

Archived