Cersei is an Idiot?

Yes, she is an idiot. That was pretty much all I could think about while reading AFFC and ADWD. That, and "STFU NOBODY LIKES YOU."

And when Margaery finally called her out I mentally fist pumped (although that's another thread)

Cersei has the biggest case of Penis Envy in Westeros.

This.*

*But does that mean Tyrion suffers the Oedipus Complex? ;o

• 3 months later...

I've forgotten the second part of my post :blushing:

It's the comparison to Jaime, who acts exactly like that - up until the point where he lost his swordhand. The swordhand that defined him in a way. The swordhand upon which his self image was based. And with his self image shattered he started thinking.

The equivalent of Cersei would be her looks and her perception as beautiful Queen. Which has been shattered by the Walk of Shame. I'm curious if she will start thinking now, too.

If she has any sense she will perform as a Waif-Hermit but more likely she will just end up more like a Witch.

Cersei is filling the role of the Mean Girl in a teen drama. You know the one, the pretty blonde head cheerleader who flips her hair, gets all the boys, and acts all superior and then gets totally humiliated in the final reel because she's not smart enough to admit that she was wrong about [fill in the blank]. People attribute depth and subtlety to Cersei and try to psychoanalyze her, but really that's a waste of time because all she wants is to be elected Prom Queen with the quarterback of the team by her side. That's all folks.

More or less. Its just her position makes it a very deadly gambit to be a "Mean Girl." But she totally is. Her AFFC chapters are all Mean Girl like. Its hilarious.

Cersei has the biggest case of Penis Envy in Westeros.

:agree:

you are right. cersei is smart compared to the knights, but against real masterminds i.e little finger, varys, tywin, tyrion cersei has no chance. she isn't dumb persay, but she is naive and ignorant and like tyrion said too wild like wild fire and that is her weakness. plus she is perdictable and she doesn't think things through like giving the faith the right to bear arms.

She was able to play the game better than people who had no clue they were part of a game(game of thrones), but she is without a doubt a hotheaded idiot just like Jaime used to be.

In what way was she able to play the game better than anyone in GoT?

Her plan to kill Robert wasn't exactly foolproof and Ned's plan to give the throne to Stannis was only foiled by Littlefinger, nothing to do with Cersei, then her masterful plan of stopping the war by making Ned take the black was fucked up because she failed to raise a sane son.

In what way was she able to play the game better than anyone in GoT?

Her plan to kill Robert wasn't exactly foolproof and Ned's plan to give the throne to Stannis was only foiled by Littlefinger, nothing to do with Cersei, then her masterful plan of stopping the war by making Ned take the black was fucked up because she failed to raise a sane son.

She did conspire with Littlefinger and her plan to kill Robert(although stupid)did indeed work and did indeed lead to her ruling(through her children ofcourse). Im not saying shes smart and perhaps she didnt play the game better than Ned or Robert, BUT she DID play the game which lead to their death ....directly or indirectly. Ned could've done away with her had he just played the game, but his honor got in the way.

She did conspire with Littlefinger and her plan to kill Robert(although stupid)did indeed work and did indeed lead to her ruling(through her children ofcourse). Im not saying shes smart and perhaps she didnt play the game better than Ned or Robert, BUT she DID play the game which lead to their death ....directly or indirectly. Ned could've done away with her had he just played the game, but his honor got in the way.

No, Littlefinger used her, she's a piece as he said himself, he probably would've done the same with or without her.

Robert's death was pure luck and Ned was winning all the way up until Janos' goldcloaks killed his men, when it came out that LF had trolled him, if he had stayed true then Ned would've have won a sound victory.

Ned didn't lose against Cersei, he lost against Baelish, who he didn't even know he was playing.

Cersei doesn't play the game of thrones, she gets used in it.

No, Littlefinger used her, she's a piece as he said himself, he probably would've done the same with or without her.

Robert's death was pure luck and Ned was winning all the way up until Janos' goldcloaks killed his men, when it came out that LF had trolled him, if he had stayed true then Ned would've have won a sound victory.

Ned didn't lose against Cersei, he lost against Baelish, who he didn't even know he was playing.

Cersei doesn't play the game of thrones, she gets used in it.

Either way...Cersei got what she wanted(to rule). LittleFinger is still just an upjumped lord compared to her even though he outsmarted her. Not quite sure why im going back n fourth here because I agree Cersei is an idiot....I dont care to argue specifics anymore. Robert and Ned are both dead and even though she stupid Cersei isnt dead. She plays the game, shes just very predictable because of her hotheaded personality.

Paranoid? yes.

Lacks political savvy? yes.

Idiot? Not really, or at least not to a huge extent.

Though a lot of decisions she made were very stupid and ineffective, she still knew how to get what she wanted. Lets not forget that she is a woman, and in a society that doesn't allow women power they are often unfit and unprepared to rule. And her strategies are often focused on the wrong places.

For example in AFFC she wasn't concerned about Stannis and the Ironborn as much as she was about Margaerys Maidenhead.

Though a lot of decisions she made were very stupid and ineffective, she still knew how to get what she wanted. Lets not forget that she is a woman, and in a society that doesn't allow women power they are often unfit and unprepared to rule. And her strategies are often focused on the wrong places.

Lady Olenna Redwyne was doing just fine despite being old and a woman. She bumped off Joff and nobody even suspects her. Now that's playing. Cercei is a beserker when it comes to anything slightly political. It's not because she's a woman or even that dumb - she utterly lacks cunning and is living in her own fantasy world. Re-reading CoK and in her very first council meeting (or rather second I think) she needs her hand holded by LF and Tyrion on how to defuse Stan's hatemail. Otherwise she would've just ended up torturing hundreds in KL by ripping out tongues...

Archived