Cersei is an Idiot?

Cersei is an idiot right from the start. I mean when she went Winterfell she was screwing her brotherin a catsle which's Lord is best friend with her husband, the King, surrounded by people she did know who were loyal to the king's best bud, in a castle she had visited for the first time and she really didn't know anything about it, the layout, where people went, ect ect.... That they were discovered only by Bran was luck if you ask me.

Pretty much she made stupid-ass decisions from the get go of the series, is just that she had competent and way smarter people around her to not really let her "shine" or they manipulated with ease.

Yes. This idea people cling to that she was smarter in the first books is delusional in my opinion. Her father sent Tyrion, his son that he actively detests, to take over because as soon as Bob was dead, Cersei let her 12 year old son out smart her to kill Ned Stark, thus, starting a pointless war with the North, and then proceeds to careen from folly to folly letting Joff run wild, dismissing Selmy, making Slynt a lord, and this was only the first book.

Cersei only looks clever when compared to Ned and Robert who both cheated off Hodor in order to get through high school

read no farther than there and i agree LOLOl damn that was funny #respect

still because idiot is such a derogatory term i say she suffers from intellectual difficulty since the start of the book.

This also reflected on jamie who actually listened to her his whole damn life sigh

Pre-Maggy, I think Cersei could have matured into an adult Myrcella. As it stands, I doubt her potential intellect is recoverable and I think her insanity and arrogance will damn her to idiocy.

The problem with the thought is that Mycella grew up fairly normally. Cersei for all her faults, showed love for her children while Cersei grew up under Tywin's overbearing shadow along with his prejudices. In his view, The only child Tywin valued was Jaime, as his ideal heir while Cersei was just a means to hopefully get a Targayen to marry a Lannister

The problem with the thought is that Mycella grew up fairly normally. Cersei for all her faults, showed love for her children while Cersei grew up under Tywin's overbearing shadow along with his prejudices. In his view, The only child Tywin valued was Jaime, as his ideal heir while Cersei was just a means to hopefully get a Targayen to marry a Lannister

Did she? Obsession with her oldest son who looked, ah, just like her twin brother, who, ah, looked just like her...to the point of indulging his every whim, ignoring the red flags he showed as a child and allowing him to indulge his propensity for sadism once he became king. This is love?

Let's take her second son. She verbally abuses him, bullies him, generally cows him into submission to her own will all the while telling herself how much she luvs him...and his line about going away when Joff.....is certainly a sign that somebody ignored Joff doing something very, very unpleasant to his younger brother.

Her daughter? She doesn't give her the time of day except to bitch about somebody else,Tyrion, making decisions about her, instead of Cersei being the one to decide what happens to her. And, in fact, she spends less time lamenting her daughter's disfigurement than she does in her paranoid delusions of what the plot means and her desire for vengeance.

This is not love in any normally known sense of the word.

Archived