What will Arya be in the end

a free shadow

I have thought what Arya might do in the course of the books, but strangely never imagined where she will end up. In another thread it was suggested that her (potential future) skills might resemble those of Varys. It is true that current "positions" in Westeros will be filled with new faces, generations will change, but I would never want Arya doing anything like that. In fact, I can not think of an ending for her I would be glad of.

Of course, I would like her to find her way back to Winterfell, see Nymeria and Jon/Bran/Rickon/Sansa, but that is a place to be, not a thing to do for her for the rest of her life.

What do you think Arya will become in the end? Or will she simply be dead?

Since the beginning, I always felt like Mr. Martin was strongly suggesting that she and Jon had a special bond, and that they'd end up together (which I thought was weird at first, but now seeing that so many people think Eddard is not really Jon's father...).

This is a good question, and much about Arya's story has surprised me. In other words, I expect one thing to happen, but the opposite, or something completely unconsidered does.

Jon and Arya won't end up together. Jon is a man of the Night's watch and he has grown up thinking Arya to be his sister, it would be really odd.

GRRM said that Arya is NOT gonna die because his wife made him promise not to kill her. GRRM says that he is like Tyrion but he is more like Tywin actually

the way he ruthlessly "kills" characters and the way his wife dominates him.

You asked for it! This is my ultimate ending:

Arya will learn the ways of the FM, and be sent to deal with Cersei*, who has ultimately gone even more mad and the kingdom is collapsing. Mayhaps Arya doesn't know everything about her assignment, mayhaps she's delighted to be able to cross someone off her list at her own hands. Either way, off goes our little warrior to KL, a couple of years older by now I assume, and when she gets there Cersei believes it's Lyanna she's seeing. Arya is the valonqar, and my probably weak reasoning for this is because:

1) It'd be ironic to have a look-alike of the woman who has haunted Cersei for the majority of her adult life come to kill her.

2) Arya is a girl, but she has taken on masculine qualities, skills and dressed up and was mistaken for a boy for a while.

3) The interpretation of the prophecy has probably been warped by Cersei, which leaves the possibility for it to be someone other than her two brothers.

So Arya kills Cersei, then Dany lands. Dragons are grown, or near enough that makes no matter, probably through some kind of magic, and because Arya has taken out Queen Cersei, Dany makes a pact and maybe a friendship with Arya. During this time, Jon has found that the Arya at Winterfell was not the real Arya, so has sent people/ravens/Ghost out looking for her. She's found, told of the Others and the trouble at the Wall, which she relays to Dany. As thanks to Arya, Dany flies her dragons up to the Wall with her 3 riders (whoever they are), burns some arse and AA (whoever that is) all plays out, etc etc. Jon's true identity is discovered, and Dany offers her hand in marriage. But he is too honourable to leave the Wall or the north, whether the Others have gone or not, so he makes a deal with her - split the kingdoms into north and south, and Arya will rule as Queen in the North. She marries Gendry, finds Nymeria and lives happily after.

:wub: I regret nothing.

*As an explanation for the FM wanting Cersei dead, maybe the Braavosi bank has decided to call in the debt and hired the FM, I'm not 100% on that minor detail :P

GRRM said that Arya is NOT gonna die because his wife made him promise not to kill her

Are you serious? :blink: Can you possibly remember where he said it?

I regret nothing.

There is the rule "Better regret things you've done than things you didn't do". Good job! But I do not really imagine Arya going over Rickon. And I really hope Daenerys will not be in the position to decide :D

In my version of the ending (which I have posted many times) Arya winds up on the Wall, serving the Nights Watch, with her big brother Jon.

I don't get or like what people seem to indicate with Jon and Arya's relationship. I have a relationship almost exactly like Jon's with my little sister. She's totaly not like other little girls, she fights, and runs and wants to fight (she joined the army actualy) and everybody else bitches at her for it. Me? I trained her to box and buy her hockey tickets for her birthday and christmas. She would rather spend time with me because I'm the only one in the family who accepts her for whatever she is and whatever she wants to be, so my little sister and I love each other, and we're probably closer than any other 2 members of our family, but to suggest that there's something other than pride in each other, and the love that two siblings should share is just way too insane.

It seems like today's society is so messed up that when two people in a family genuinly get along, people wonder about what kind of dirty, dark secret they have.

Women being at the wall or in the Night's Watch will happen, and Arya will wind up on the wall with Jon.

Thats my theory.

She will be Queen. Ned told her n AGOT.

I just don't know if she will be Queen on her own or just marry a King.

Since the beginning, I always felt like Mr. Martin was strongly suggesting that she and Jon had a special bond, and that they'd end up together (which I thought was weird at first, but now seeing that so many people think Eddard is not really Jon's father...).

(I am one of the few who agree love.gifBut please, don't start again why it is disgusting, incest and stuff - I know all of that, I've had enough of that in other threads)

There is the rule "Better regret things you've done than things you didn't do". Good job! But I do not really imagine Arya going over Rickon. And I really hope Daenerys will not be in the position to decide :D

Rickon will not live for long. It is known. Besides, he's a child. Arya is fucking badass. The north will rise for/support/bend the knee to her over a mental little boy any day :smug:

Arya and Nymeria will end up as rulers of Westeros. Anyone who dares defy her will have Nymeria and ten thousand wolves sent after them.

More likely I think she'll die at the end. :*(

But not before taking out everyone on her list, and at least finding some peace in life (she deserves that at least).

In my version of the ending (which I have posted many times) Arya winds up on the Wall, serving the Nights Watch, with her big brother Jon.

I've never heard it before and I like it!

More likely I think she'll die at the end. :*(

I imagine her dying halfway through the last book. But maybe I'm just in a dark mood lately.

No. Fuck no.

All he wants to do is ruffle her hair and call her "little sister;" not stick his... longclaw... in her.

Nice....Arya will not die, join the Night's Watch or become a soldier. She's not a knight, she's a dancer. Although I can see her becoming a hedge knight, travelling everywhere. I doubt she stay in one place after what has happened to her

No. Fuck no.

All he wants to do is ruffle her hair and call her "little sister;" not stick his... longclaw... in her.

:rofl:

Sick :ack: Arya and Jon will not end up together - she will end up with Gendry, which will also bind the Baratheon followers, and so Stannis, to the north. Stannis will already be loyal to Jon because he seems to like him, and he's a Targ, which Stannis knows is the rightful ruling House, and to have any hope of currying favour from Dany, he has to prove that he is willing to bend the knee to the Targaryens again.

Oh, and someone pushes Mel and Patchface off the Wall, but that's another story.

Nice....Arya will not die, join the Night's Watch or become a soldier. She's not a knight, she's a dancer. Although I can see her becoming a hedge knight, travelling everywhere. I doubt she stay in one place after what has happened to her

I know I wade into a hyphotetical here, but I don't know if a woman in her forties or fifties would be a joyful travelling knight. Or joyfuly come back to grow old to Winterfell with nothing to do. I hope it is not what happens.

You asked for it! This is my ultimate ending:

Arya will learn the ways of the FM, and be sent to deal with Cersei*, who has ultimately gone even more mad and the kingdom is collapsing. Mayhaps Arya doesn't know everything about her assignment, mayhaps she's delighted to be able to cross someone off her list at her own hands. Either way, off goes our little warrior to KL, a couple of years older by now I assume, and when she gets there Cersei believes it's Lyanna she's seeing. Arya is the valonqar, and my probably weak reasoning for this is because:

1) It'd be ironic to have a look-alike of the woman who has haunted Cersei for the majority of her adult life come to kill her.

2) Arya is a girl, but she has taken on masculine qualities, skills and dressed up and was mistaken for a boy for a while.

3) The interpretation of the prophecy has probably been warped by Cersei, which leaves the possibility for it to be someone other than her two brothers.

So Arya kills Cersei, then Dany lands. Dragons are grown, or near enough that makes no matter, probably through some kind of magic, and because Arya has taken out Queen Cersei, Dany makes a pact and maybe a friendship with Arya. During this time, Jon has found that the Arya at Winterfell was not the real Arya, so has sent people/ravens/Ghost out looking for her. She's found, told of the Others and the trouble at the Wall, which she relays to Dany. As thanks to Arya, Dany flies her dragons up to the Wall with her 3 riders (whoever they are), burns some arse and AA (whoever that is) all plays out, etc etc. Jon's true identity is discovered, and Dany offers her hand in marriage. But he is too honourable to leave the Wall or the north, whether the Others have gone or not, so he makes a deal with her - split the kingdoms into north and south, and Arya will rule as Queen in the North. She marries Gendry, finds Nymeria and lives happily after.

:wub: I regret nothing.

*As an explanation for the FM wanting Cersei dead, maybe the Braavosi bank has decided to call in the debt and hired the FM, I'm not 100% on that minor detail :P

I hate to break your bubble but the FM make sure that assissin and victim do not know.each other

arya knows Cersei.

I'm afraid she'll die as Jon predicted, with her frozen fingers still clutching needle.

I hate to break your bubble but the FM make sure that assissin and victim do not know.each other

arya knows Cersei.

I'm afraid she'll die as Jon predicted, with her frozen fingers still clutching needle.

Aw come on! That's my favourite theory :crying: She could lie. By then she'll have learnt how to lie, and even so I think the Kindly Man would let her do this. He knows she will always be Arya Stark in her heart, and maybe he is Jaqen, or even Syrio, and so is even more likely to let her do it. I'm aware that we're getting into crackpot territory now.. But she won't die like that! She'll die as Queen in the North, with Nymeria and the remnants of her family around her.

:rofl:

Sick :ack: Arya and Jon will not end up together - she will end up with Gendry, which will also bind the Baratheon followers, and so Stannis, to the north. Stannis will already be loyal to Jon because he seems to like him, and he's a Targ, which Stannis knows is the rightful ruling House, and to have any hope of currying favour from Dany, he has to prove that he is willing to bend the knee to the Targaryens again.

Stannis bending the knee to Targs? I don't think so.

Archived