KhalAllen

Season 1:

Tyrion Lannister - Peter Dinklage

Joffrey Lannister - Jack Gleeson

Tywin Lannister - Charles Dance

Eddard Stark - Sean Bean

Drogo - Jason Momoa

Season 2:

Davos Seaworth - Liam Cunningham (based on the looks)

Margaery Tyrell - Natalie Dormer (based on the featurettes and trailers)

Balon Grejoy - Patrick Malahide (based on the looks)

Stannis Baratheon - Stephen Dillane (based on the featurettes and trailers)

Melisandre - Carice van Houten (based on my Dutch pride)

All in random order.

My top 5 for season 1 has to be: (no order)

1.) Sean Bean as Eddard Stark - he was the absolute perfect choice. Self-explanatory.

2.) Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo - another example of perfect casting. I particulary liked his facial expressions with Dany in the beginning because he did't have much dialouge with her when they first met since she didn't speak Dothraki, yet. The part where he brings her to silver for the first time and as she's stroking silver he stares at her hard. To me, I got that he really wanted her to enjoy his gift and that he was sort seeking her approval.

3.) Jack Gleeson as Joffery - this kid is an amazing actor. He's able to pull off Joff's bratty, spoiled side that you just want to slap him silly and then switch it up so fast to manic, sadistic psychopath on a power trip. The scene bewteen him and Arya fighting by the river always impresses me where he goes from genuinly threatening her like a crazed person to wimpering like a wounded little boy.

4.) Peter Dinklage as Tyrion - this is also self-explanatory.

5.) Emilia Clarke as Dany - her performance blew me away and she has really brought the character up a notch, imo. Her portrayel of Dany is what made Dany one of my favorites. I was fascinated by her from her very first scene. She is also versatile in being particulary good at portraying Dany's vulnerability along with her I'm-not-taking-anymore-shit stronger side. Her speech in the end before she walks into the funeral pyre always gets me riled up and makes me want to root for her.

That being said, it was hard to pick 5 because everybody is so good. The overall casting is fantastic and I can't wait to see what the new cast members are going to bring to the show and the characters.

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion....

Sean Bean as Eddard

Charles Dance as Tywin

and cant remember the names of the guys who play Littlefinger and the Spider, but the parts could have been written for them

Well im a book reader and best casting for me means most faithful to the books; and in that case Sean Bean - who is undoubtedly a fantastic actor - is nothing like Book Ned. Suprisingly enough even Tyrion is different then he should be, the TV series made him too nice and civilized. If i had to pick i would say.

1) Jack Gleeson as Joffrey

2) Maisie Williams as Arya

3) NCW as Jaime Lannister

4) Conleth Hill as Varys - very understated but excellent performance.

5) Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon - if he was a larger man he'd be rigth at the top of the list.

1) Peter Dinklage as Tyrion- All the awards and accolades are well deserved.

2) Maisie Williams as Arya- I was stunned when I looked at her IMDB profile and saw that this was her first credited acting role. She has a bright future ahead of her.

3) Charles Dance as Tywin- The best thing about the series is seeing scenes played out on screen that we never get a chance to see in the books. It only took the scene of him is skinning the deer while talking to Jaime to learn almost everything you need to know about Tywin. Best scene thus far in the series IMHO.

4) Jack Gleeson- Did not disappoint in the least bit playing the part of my least favorite character in the series.

5) Conan Stevens as the Mountain- Look, I know he only said 1 word the entire season, but I find it hard to believe that there is a person alive who better physically embodies the way I envision Gregor than Conan. Sad to see him out for Season 2.

I won't even go into Sean Bean as Eddard and Peter Dinklage as Tyrion... In fact, I'll pick my fave 6 among the 'smaller roles'.

Donald Sumpter as maester Luwin

Natalia Tena as Osha

Rory McCann as The Hound

James Cosmo as Lord Commander Mormont

Ian McElhinney as Barristan Selmy

John Bradley as Samwell Tarly

Agreed. Let's take Bean and Dinklage out of this conversation all together for being too obvious!

Charles Dance was perfection. Perfection.

Natalia Tena as Osha.

Alfie Allen wasn't initially how I pictured Theon, but I think he deserves some credit for his pure screen presence. He captures every frat molecule in Theon's body.

John Bradley made me love Samwell even more!

And Michell Fairley was magnificent. She and Charles Dance especially blew me away tbh.

michelle fairley and charles dance

maisie williams

alfie allen

jack gleeson

Viserys wasalso fantastic he stole emilia clarke every single photogram they shared. I just can´t say anything about season 2 as i haven´t seen any single chapter. we´ll see

Nikolai Coster-Waldau- Jamie Lannister. Per fect. I don't care what anyone says. This guy nails the character in every aspect even if he hasn't exactly gotten every moment to show it. He's even shown how much he understand the character through interviews with such limited knowledge that he yet has. Very talented and fit man for the role.

Masie Wilaims- Arya Stark. Another role which is near perfect, brought down only by the age bumping. I still love her though and she too really understands the gravity of the character as well as her physical movements. Another astounding choice.

Varys- Conleth Hill. This man oozes deceit from every pore, but you cannot help but love him for how fascinating he is. I could never figure out what Varys looked like when I read, but now I know what will forever be ingrained in my vision. Love him so much.

Ned Stark- Sean Bean. I can't help it! This guy has such astounding gravity to his acting and he is exactly what I thought Ned looked like. First and best choice. This dude deserves a knighting.

Robert Baratheon- Mark Addy. The range on this guy just within the series was fanominal, creating a funny character that never lost any quality to him. There are so many conflicting feelings that are created when he finally dies, but you feel something very strong.

Joffery- Jack Glesson. Can I have one more? Please? I love most every single actor on the series, for the record, but Joffery needs this special mention. This dude tossed my emotions around so much even though I knew what would happen in the end. He's certainly the most classical child actor of the bunch and it really allows his performance to shine. Absolutely great.

Nikolai Coster-Waldau- Jamie Lannister. Per fect. I don't care what anyone says. This guy nails the character in every aspect even if he hasn't exactly gotten every moment to show it. He's even shown how much he understand the character through interviews with such limited knowledge that he yet has. Very talented and fit man for the role.

This! 1000 times this! I've rarely viewed or read an interview with NCW during which he doesn't speak of Jaime's core, instead of describing his place in the world or how he relates to others, as many other actors on the show have been doing. I am/was in total awe of his performance during season one.

On topic: I loved the entire cast, honestly! Even Ros played her (infamous) part well.

Ah five's too few! :P

I absoltuely agree with this. So many brilliant performances, but if I really have to choose five (Ned and Tyrion are out of competition anyway, are they?):

Arya - Maisie Williams. The right-handed girl learned to do her needlework with her left hand, kudos to her. And she makes the funniest faces ever. This child is a very good actress. I think aging the children was a good idea, generally (except maybe for Robb and Jon).

Joffrey - Jack Gleeson. Everybody hates him now. I think everybody must have hated him since the first scene he spoke. This is quite an accomplishment.

Dany - Emilia Clarke. Vulnerability at first and developing strenght throughtout the series, plus a drop of pristine Targ madness. She showed so much character growth, with barely speaking in the key scenes.

Brandon - Isaac Hampstead Wright (or how he spells his surname, sorry). He just looks cute. And acts fine. And shows this kind of etherical hero to become something special. Actually, I like all the child actors, the producers made a very good job at choosing them.

Sansa - Sophie Turner. Another child, and another great actor. Persuaded my especially by "how long do I have to look" line.

NCW is indeed perfect as Jaime. His scene with Charles Dance at the Lannister camp is unbelievable. Actually, all his scenes are spot-on.

The scene when he is skinning the deer? One of the best scenes in the series.

Archived