How will Lord Frey meet his end?

Howling Mad

Natural causes does seem to be in the realist/cynic Martin style, but perhaps it would not be too out of line to imagine someone like Black Walder or Lame Lothor is tired of waiting?

What I'd like to see is Walder devoured alive by the Nightwolf in an Arya dream sequence.

Nice :whip:

Thank you.

I'd love to see the Freys as a whole and everything they've built turned to ash leaving the banks of the Green Fork where the two towers once stood blackened as a reminder to others for years to come of what fate awaits those who commit such treason.

I'd love to see the Freys as a whole and everything they've built turned to ash leaving the banks of the Green Fork where the two towers once stood blackened as a reminder to others for years to come of what fate awaits those who commit such treason.

Sounds like another 'Rains of Castamere'. 'The Frayed Banner', or 'The Fork of the Freys', mayhaps?

I think he will die quietly and comfortably of natural causes, shortly before everything comes apart for his heirs. I think he will escape justice purely out of spite.

This is how I imagine it. He will die of old age, and his house will be torn apart by his heirs turning against eachother in an attempt to succeed him, while the North and the brotherhood take their vengeance as well.

I really like the idea of Jaime stabbing him, but my personal preference is for him to be strangled to death by the Greatjon. Picturing that in my head is just too great for it not to happen.

I could imagine it being like a movie lol. Screaming and crying while he beats Walder's face into an unrecognisable mess with his bare hands. Tragic :crying:

Westerosi plural nouns have already established that it is "an infestation of Lannisters". I suggest adding "a feast of Freys".

Ideally I'd like to see Walder Frey die of indigestion at "a feast of Freys" held for him by Wyman Manderley. More likely, however, Walder Frey will be murdered by Black Walder or Lame Lothar. That will then start the dominos of murder falling resulting in the perverse situation of either Perwyn Frey or Olyvar Frey (both notable Stark Loyalists and absent from the Red Wedding) becoming Lord of the Crossing meaning that we will be denied our justifiable demand that Frey Delenda Est, since they are Stark Loyalists and obviously had nothing to do with the Red Wedding; quite possibly activly opposing it.

Archived