Jon Connington Appreciation thread

arek

Only things I like about jon con is he is a ginger gay who is still a great swordsman. But he is completely blind in his need for redemption for failing rhaegar and aerys. He doesn't even really see how caught he is in the spider's web. I get why he doesn't question aegon's legitimacy but he should. I like that his character has a limit because of the greyscale it makes it interesting that he is running on quick sand. I hope he gets some justice. But I hope he doesn't allow aegon to marry arianne if that situation rises.

In the midst of battle.... during the fight wherr

Jon Snow is to be defeated, somehow someone reveals to Griffin , after trading some blows, that Snow is Rhaegar's Son..... and Griffin looks deeply at Jon Snow.... drops his swors and hugs him... kisses him on the lips with tears in eyes and story changes for good.

If you think Jon Snow is going to join the political turmoil and war with southern lords you kinda missed the whole point of his story arc so far.

I like Jon Connington a lot because, naturally, the lords, commanders, sellswords, and Hands are always fascinating characters to me and here we have all of those in one. His role in the rebellion, the bells he always hears is interesting and so is the ambiguous admiration/love he had for Rhaegar. And of course, Machiavellian characters who fake their deaths are really awesome.

But what I like is his strategic philosophy which is opposite of Tywin Lannister. Whereas Tywin would be subjugating the Stormlanders and pillaging them into submission, JonCon knows that winning them to his cause is a surer key to victory.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Yeah, he is very hard on himself, and blames himself for Rhaegar's death. His guilt has made him into a harder person, Tyrion notes that Connington had supped on hate himself. He plans on killing Tommen and Myrcella in his quest to seat Aegon on the Iron Throne. I too foresee him possibly coming into combat with Jon who shares his name, ironic given he thought he would not fail Rhaegar's son, yet tries to kill him.

Archived