Amazing Book Deals

RedEyedGhost

You tease! Where and what?

Sorry, it was Bone Clocks, the new Faber, and a couple of other things I'm blanking on right now. Too late anyway as they went back up in price already.

Sorry, it was Bone Clocks, the new Faber, and a couple of other things I'm blanking on right now. Too late anyway as they went back up in price already.

Even Worse! I'd have been interested in picking up Bone Clocks. Hopefully just a london deal or there'll be a brief look of scorn your way on Saturday :P

I know, I'd been looking at Bone Clocks for ages and thinking I couldn't justify the eight quid or however much it was when I had so many other books to read... If only there was an app that would notify you when a book you were interested in dropped below a certain threshold. There must be one, right?

I know, I'd been looking at Bone Clocks for ages and thinking I couldn't justify the eight quid or however much it was when I had so many other books to read... If only there was an app that would notify you when a book you were interested in dropped below a certain threshold. There must be one, right?

Just got the audiobook on audible daily deal (UK) for £3.50. That's me sorted for the next long bus journey :)

One of Spockydog's favorite authors has an ebook collection of short stories on sale at amazon and B&N - Laird Barron Occultataion.

Laird Barron has emerged as one of the strongest voices in modern horror and dark fantasy fiction, building on the eldritch tradition pioneered by writers such as H. P. Lovecraft, Peter Straub, and Thomas Ligotti. His stories have garnered critical acclaim and been reprinted in numerous year's best anthologies and nominated for multiple awards, including the Crawford, International Horror Guild, Shirley Jackson, Theodore Sturgeon, and World Fantasy Awards. His debut collection, The Imago Sequence and Other Stories, was the inaugural winner of the Shirley Jackson Award.

He returns with his second collection, Occultation. Pitting ordinary men and women against a carnivorous, chaotic cosmos, Occultation's eight tales of terror (two never before published) include the Theodore Sturgeon and Shirley Jackson Award-nominated story "The Forest" and Shirley Jackson Award nominee "The Lagerstatte." Featuring an introduction by Michael Shea, Occultation brings more of the spine-chillingly sublime cosmic horror Laird Barron's fans have come to expect.

One of Spockydog's favorite authors has an ebook collection of short stories on sale at amazon and B&N - Laird Barron Occultataion.

Oh, man. What a book. As much as I love Laird Barron (and I'm probably quite late to the party here), I think his ebooks are slightly overpriced, so Occultation was one of the reasons I signed up to Amazon's Kindle Unlimited. I've since scrapped my membership, but I liked Occultation so much I went out and bought the hardback. BTW, one of the stories from this collection, 30, is being adapted for the screen by Phillip Gelatt, the chap who wrote the excellent Europa Report.

I recently finished Barron's most recent collection, The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All. This is probably my favourite book of his, as each and every story is an absolute cracker.

Glorious Angels by Justina Robson: e-book until the 26th March for £1.99 - https://www.orionbooks.co.uk/books/detail.page?isbn=9780575134041

The groundbreaking new novel from one of the genre’s most respected authors: a thrilling mix of science, magic and sexual politics. Justina Robson is back with a cutting-edge novel of science, adventure and ideas. Glorious Angels is out now in trade paperback and e-book. You can download your e-book copy until the 26th March for just £1.99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Kindle version of Leviathan Wakes, the first Expanse novel by James S. A. Corey, is $1.99 at the US Kindle store today. This version also includes the full text of Daniel Abraham's The Dragon's Path, the first Dagger and the Coin novel, so you get two books for two bucks. I don't know if the discount, or the inclusion of The Dragon's Path, holds true for other stores as well.

Archived