Amazing Book Deals

RedEyedGhost

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a free book, or even one wildly discounted, please do consider writing a customer review on Amazon, or a Goodreads review, or anywhere else you can think of. These things help promote the book, which is a nice way to reward an author who's given you hours of entertainment for a small price or for no price at all.

(Disclosure: I speak as an author who has in the past made my low-cost book available for free.)

Today's Kindle Daily Deal is 14 Philip K. Dick books for $1.99 each.

A Scanner Darkly

The Man in the High Castle

Ubik

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

The Simulacra

Valis

Now Wait for Last Year

The Penultimate Truth

The Transmigration of Timothy Archer

The Divine Invasion

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said

Counter-Clock World

Eye in the Sky

The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick

Your local library, if it offers ebooks, might actually have the first 13 or some selection of them for e-loan, but the last one is a real treasure for fans.

I bought a kindle just recently, and have downloaded exactly one book which I haven't read yet. :)

So I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet, but a friend sent me this page: Pixel of Ink As far as I can tell, it collects free and near free Amazon deals and the like and links to them daily. they have a FB page as well. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Saw thison twitter, so re-posting it for those interested. It seems that all of them are put on and off a deal at one time or another, but currently they are all ON.

Thanks for this. I finally, finally picked up Leviathan Wakes which I'd been holding off on purchasing until it came out in mass market paperback -- this did me one better.

Apparently this version still includes a copy of The Dragon's Path by Abraham as well, so really, if any sci-fi/fantasy fan hasn't picked up either of these two books yet, you can't exactly beat $1.00 a book.

I'm also thinking of picking up Weeks' The Black Prism, but as someone who only made it to the middle of book 2 in the Night Angel trilogy, I don't know if I should give this one a shot. Anyone have opinions on it?

I'm also thinking of picking up Weeks' The Black Prism, but as someone who only made it to the middle of book 2 in the Night Angel trilogy, I don't know if I should give this one a shot. Anyone have opinions on it?

I only read the first book of The Night Angel trilogy. Never had any interest in reading further, despite having the other two. I actually enjoyed The Black Prism, but not in the same way as everyone else. It is an interesting enough story, I guess, but the writing is pretty poor and a bit heavy on the infodumps. What appealed to me was that the characters are just terrible people. I have never read anything quite like it. They probably aren't meant to come across that way, but they are. The only two relatively decent characters die off quick. I enjoy it because of this, but I don't think I'd recommend it based on that peculiar enjoyment.

I only read the first book of The Night Angel trilogy. Never had any interest in reading further, despite having the other two. I actually enjoyed The Black Prism, but not in the same way as everyone else. It is an interesting enough story, I guess, but the writing is pretty poor and a bit heavy on the infodumps. What appealed to me was that the characters are just terrible people. I have never read anything quite like it. They probably aren't meant to come across that way, but they are. The only two relatively decent characters die off quick. I enjoy it because of this, but I don't think I'd recommend it based on that peculiar enjoyment.

Yeah, I'll pass then. I couldn't get into Bakker's series for more or less the same reason, and at least he was a decent writer.

Archived