Arya's Dance with Dragons

Drowsey Dragon

Who thinks she will be the next major character to be killed off in Dance with Dragons and why?

I think of the remaining main characters, she would be the most likely.

Jon and Dany and Bran seem untouchable.

Sansa is a little less secure with Tyrion.

Then you have Arya.

I would be put LF, Jaime, Varys, Brienne and Samwell here as important characters, but not as major as the others.

As well as Stannis and Cercei.

Knowing GRRM up until now, it seems fitting that one major character will not make it past the next book.

Thoughts?

Myrcella or Tommen, or even Jaime, but I think Cersei will survive till her children are gone according to Maggy's prophecy

Sansa or Littlefinger... I think Sansa might be responsible for his demise if/when she discovers his part in Ned's arrest.

The fact Lady is dead and Nymeria isn't close to Arya makes me worry for both Stark girls however- although I think Arya will get back to Westeros and meet some of her existing family before she goes.

It's Dany and/or Jon that I suspect will die next.

No one is untouchable, and it is always the characters with power and men to protect them that get cut down (Robb, Ned, Joffrey, Renly, Tywin, all had power and guards).

Arya would have been the most likely to die back in ACoK since she was a young girl on her own, but she did not. Her situation did not change, she is a young girl on her own so I dont think she will die.

Bran - I think he still has a ways to go, his story has been too slow in building up to just off him.

Bran isn't going anywhere... Just a feeling. Someone somewhere predicted that Tyrion would be a big character to go. We all know he's GRRM's favorite character. What better way to honor your favorite character than by letting him go out with a bang? Perhaps Tyrion will die in a way that proves he's the bravest, most honorable man of them all.

Then again, who knows? That's the beauty of this series. You just don't know.

Arya may "die" only to emerge with a new face as a follower of the God of Death. "Only death can pay for life".

Picking what characters will die next is redundant, Martin doesn't kill off people just for the hell of it.. And each death has been monumental to the war.

Ned's death- started war

Renly's death- shifted power to Lannister

Joffrey's death- Led to Sansa's escape

and the betrothed with that knight from the Vale

Robb's death- also gave a huge shift of power to Lannister, while forever tainting the Frey name

Tywin's death- Put full power into Cersei's hand, her paranoia sure to be her downfall.

she ends up prisoned by the septon that she reinstated.. sweet irony

Archived