[Book Spoilers] Lack of a Prologue Similar to the Pilot / Book 1

Laohu

Agree this was a mistake. By tossing a set of new characters, including one who dies in a few minutes, in the middle of the episode, stripped the emotional tension.

By keeping it at the beginning, it would have had that sense of wonder. this is something new, yknow. Then it builds to cressen's sacrifice and it means something. The way it was, ineffective at all but showing mel's power

I sorely missed the prologue on Dragonstone. I've had the impression that such a scene was written or even filmed, but cut from the episode. It totally felt like there was something missing.

I would have loved a short scene in which Cressen shows the comet to Shireen and tells her that he has known her father since he was a child. That would introduce the comet and give the audience the idea that this old man is absolutely loyal to Stannis. The Red Woman should be mentioned and Cressen's disdain shown.

Then Cressen is summoned to Stannis' council. On the stairs he meets Davos, who gives him a hand. The following scene would have been a good opportunity to rehash the current political situation and show Stannis' ambitions.

Cut to King's Landing.

Archived