[TV SPOILERS] Upcoming Episode Descriptions/Summaries/Info

J_Crews

Long time lurker; first time poster. Not sure if these really qualify as spoilers, as they have been widely published on the net, but I figured better safe than sorry. Also, if this is a redundant post, my apologies. I searched to see if anyone else had posted these, but didn't see anything.

This should give us a basic idea of how the season will be paced. Pieced together from the following sources:

Game of Thrones Season 2 Spoilers: What Happens on the Next Four Episodes?

and: http://winteriscomin...#comment-167231;

and,

http://en.wikipedia...._%28season_2%29 (Wikipedia, so take with a grain of salt)

Episode 2 -- "The Night Lands"

Tyrion Lannister, the new Hand of the King, attempts to control the situation in King's Landing by opposing Cersei and her purges. The Stark ward Theon Greyjoy is sent to win an alliance for the King in the North and reunites with his wily father Balon Greyjoy at the Iron Islands. Arya and the rest of the Night's Watch recruits continue to travel north, and Arya tells the truth about who she is to someone. Davos Seaworth hires a pirate to help King Stannis in the war.

So, Salladhor Sahn(sp?), for sure.

Episode 3 -- "What Is Dead May Never Die"

Catelyn Stark arrives at King Renly's camp to negotiate an alliance. Tyrion also tries to gain supports for Joffrey's cause by proposing three different marriages and undertaking “a complex plan in King’s Landing to expose an enemy.”. At Winterfell, Bran Stark needs help to decipher his dreams.

I wish, wish, wish that last line meant the Reed kids were making an appearance, but I believe we're out of luck. :( If we see them at all, I believe it will be early in season 3, meeting Bran and Hodor on the road.

Episode 4 -- "Garden of Bones"

Catelyn tries to convince the Baratheon brothers to abandon their quarrel and unite against the Lannisters, while Sansa is chastised by Joffrey in revenge for her brother's victories and has to be "restrained" by his uncle Tyrion. Arya and Gendry are taken captives to the Lannister-occupied castle of Harrenhal. After her exhausting journey through the desert, Daenerys arrives at the gates of the prosperous city of Qarth.

So, no Vaes Tolorro? Just straight from the Red Waste to Qarth? It would make sense as a $$$-saving measure, since nothing happens there but fig eating. Maybe not, however. Consider the episode's title and the fact that Vaes Tolorro meant "the city of bones" in Dothraki. Also, these summaries say nothing of Dany in episodes 2 or 3: if she's just arriving in Qarth in episode 4, surely there will be at least a nod to Vaes Tolorro. I can't see them ignoring her subplot completely for 2 full episodes.

Episode 5 -- "The Ghost of Harrenhal"

In Harrenhal, Arya Stark is promised help by the mysterious Jaqen H’ghar, one of the three caged prisoners she saved from the Gold Cloaks. The new situation at Renly's camp forces Catelyn to flee. Theon sails from Pyke prepared to prove that he is a true Ironborn. The Night’s Watch arrive at the Fist of the First Men, an ancient fortress where they hope to stem the advance of the wildling army.

Half the season in and Theon is just setting-out from Pyke to reave on the Stony Shore? Makes me wonder if there's some credence to the idea that the season will end, not with the sacking of Winterfell, but possibly with a reveal showing the thought-to-be-dead Stark youngins, Osha, and Hodor hiding in the crypts. Who knows. Five episodes is a lot of time left, but they'll need to have Winterfell taken no later than episode 6, for sure; and, even then, not sure how the sack works without the Bastard of Bolton appearing. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Episode 6 -- "The Old Gods and the New"

Arya has a surprise visitor; Dany vows to take what is hers; Joffrey meets his subjects as Princess Myrcella is sent away from King's Landing; Theon Greyjoy's plans succeed; Robb and Catelyn receive important news; Qhorin Halfhand gives Jon a chance to prove himself.

The riot in King's Landing and Jon choosing to spare Ygritte.

Episode 7 -- "A Man Without Honor"

Jaime meets a relative; Theon hunts; Dany receives an invitation.

Jaime freed and sent south with Brienne and cousin Cleos... errr... Alton? Or mayhaps this has to do with Charlie Chaplin's grand-daughter, whom many on this board are saying will be portrayed as a distant Lannister relation rather than a Westerling? Theon Turncloak definitely hunting for the boys; that means Winterfell must fall in ep. 5 or 6. Dany invited to the House of the Undying.

Episode 8 -- "The Prince Of Winterfell"

Theon holds down the fort; Arya calls in her debt with Jaqen; Robb is betrayed; Stannis and Davos approach their destination.

Everybody hates Theon. Weasel soup. Robb beheads a bannerman.

Episode 9 -- "Blackwater"

Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing.

Episode 10 -- "Valar Morghulis"

Tyrion awakens to a changed situation. King Joffrey doles out rewards to his subjects. As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; Jon proves himself to Qhorin.

Sack of Winterfell or leaving-off just before it. Arya gets the coin from Jaqen and absconds from Harrenhal with Gendry and Hot Pie.

So, any thought on the pacing?

And we now know the episode 7 title to be "A Man Without Honor." Possibly a reference to...

Theon Turncloak taking Winterfell?

it might be theon, but i think it will mean jaime. the actor has said that this is his favorite episode and Cat calls him a man without honor in the critic's trailer. so maybe it will deal with him trying to escape and being caught and chained, and then cat comes along with brienne?

it might be theon, but i think it will mean jaime. the actor has said that this is his favorite episode and Cat calls him a man without honor in the critic's trailer. so maybe it will deal with him trying to escape and being caught and chained, and then cat comes along with brienne?

Maybe it's both, sort of as a theme for the episode. With Theon not even leaving Pyke until ep. 5, and depending on whether or not they completely skip his mission to reave on the Stony Shore, I imagine Winterfell falling will be in ep. 6 or 7. Maybe it'll be the ep. 6 cliffhanger, with ep. 7 showing the initial occupation.

JS, nice job you did on laying out those summaries! And now we have the news that there'll be a Season 3, so you're going to be busy for some time to come!

And, welcome to the board! :cheers:

Thank you.

J.S. Crews, here are three more episodes so you can incorporate them into your original post if you want to.

Episode 6: "The Old Gods and the New": Arya has a surprise visitor; Dany vows to take what is hers; Joffrey meets his subjects; Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself.

Episode 7: "A Man Without Honor": Jaime meets a relative; Theon hunts; Dany receives an invitation.

Episode 8: "The Prince of Winterfell": Theon holds down the fort; Arya calls in her debt with Jaqen; Robb is betrayed; Stannis and Davos approach their destination.

Episode: 9: "Blackwater":Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing.

Maybe it's both, sort of as a theme for the episode. With Theon not even leaving Pyke until ep. 5, and depending on whether or not they completely skip his mission to reave on the Stony Shore, I imagine Winterfell falling will be in ep. 6 or 7. Maybe it'll be the ep. 6 cliffhanger, with ep. 7 showing the initial occupation.

yes, it could be that! just wish they manage to find a good way to end theon's story this season cause i don't think they cast anyone for ramsay snow, so maybe the whole reek/bastard of bolton thing may not happen?

CrypticWeirdwood, i don't think they want to let it be known what will happen on episode 10 since there are many people who have not yet the book so they wanted to avoid spoilers :dunno: but i would like that episode to be called

valar morghulis

:)

yes, it could be that! just wish they manage to find a good way to end theon's story this season cause i don't think they cast anyone for ramsay snow, so maybe the whole reek/bastard of bolton thing may not happen?

I expect we'll be seeing...

... Ramsey and the Reeds in Season 3. The Reeds (or one Reed who's a composite of both) can easily meet-up with Bran on the road after the sack. As for Ramsey, I wonder if maybe they'll skip the whole Reek deception, and just have him show up like he's bringing Dreadfort men to join Ser Rodrik's forces, then proceed from there. Changes things a bit, but not irreparably, in my opinion. So, in short, I think maybe the sack won't be 'til either Season 3 or they'll only show Ramsey's scary-@$$ armor and not his face.

Pacing seems pretty good to me. I wonder what's going to happen with Arya in eps 3 and 4, I guess that there is no Keep battle and Gregor kills Yoren?

Ser Amory Lorch, you mean. I think that'll be in ep. 3 or early in ep. 4. I wonder if they may just substitute the Mountain in place of Lorch (the Lorch role was never cast and, overall, he's an unimportant character -- cutting him gives the Mountain more screen-time), and by-pass the village completely by letting Arya and co. be taken captive after the attack on the holdfast instead of escaping through the bolthole. I don't know, though, because more recent details say it's a Gold Cloaks attack.

I just saw next weeks preview, so I assume the fight against Lorch's men will happen on the road, and not in a castle.

Source:

you can see Arya and Gendry fighting men with red cloaks.

Archived