[Book Spoilers] Wolf Dream

Was it just me or did anyone else get goosebumps during the wolf dream sequence? The first time we have seen one of Bran's dreams come to life so vividly (excluding the three eyed crow in season 1, of course, but that was always a bit disappointing compared to what happened in the book).

I hope we see more of this in the episodes to come, such as the parts when Summer challenges the lesser wolves over prey.

Am I right in thinking that it was a wolf who discovered the body of

Stoneheart

in the books? That would be an epic scene to see played out on TV.

Was it a dream, or was it Bran warging into Summer?

Am I right in thinking that it was a wolf who discovered the body of

Stoneheart

in the books? That would be an epic scene to see played out on TV.

Yes, it was Nymeria. That whole scene was epic because it was when Arya realised what had happened and gave up on seeing her mother again. :crying: Has Arya made the connection between her "wolf dreams" and Nymeria?

It was Bran warging into Summer, not a dream.

Yes, you are right about Stoneheart. Nymeria found the body, and then left when men approached (probably the Brotherhood).

It was Bran warging into Summer, not a dream.

Yes, you are right about Stoneheart. Nymeria found the body, and then left when men approached (probably the Brotherhood).

Wasn't 100% sure about the whole warging thing since I've only just begun A Dance with Dragons. It is of course made much more clear in the Prologue what "warging" is and I'm sure that things will become even clearer as I read the Bran chapters.

Also, in the context of the show, right now it seems right to call them "dreams" rather than "warging" if we're being ultra sensitive regarding spoilers.

I would like to say the way they filmed this for the show was absolutely brilliant and simple. The viewer who does not read the books is going to have a difficult time understanding the difference between a dream and warging, especially since Bran himself doesn't understand what's happening to him. Even Osha (she has a diff name in the show?) reassures him that its 'just a dream' which gives the viewer some pause to question whether it really was a dream.

The way they had Summer/Bran peer down at his reflection in the pool was simply awesome and really gave me goosebumps even though I already knew what was happening. I think for viewers not reading the books this had to be a pretty significant "ah ha!" moment. It also makes you feel so happy for Bran, because now you realize he has another way to be free and "run" on legs other than his horse or Hodor.

Yes, it was Nymeria. That whole scene was epic because it was when Arya realised what had happened and gave up on seeing her mother again. :crying: Has Arya made the connection between her "wolf dreams" and Nymeria?

No, I don't think she has. I hope she and Nymeria meet again in the future.

Arya is starting to realize her ability with animals, but she has not realized or understood her connection with Nymeria yet, it seems. She still is thinking of those experiences as dreams.

I liked how the wolf dream was slightly green.

Yeah that's something I've been thinking about. I'm assuming that the creators are imagining that wolves have similar vision to dogs? The vision certainly corresponds to that shown for dogs on this website: http://www.pawsitive.org/articles/dog_vision.asp

Loved how the weirwood leaves popped out. Whether that's how they're supposed to pop from a wolf's perspective or not, it certainly suggested a link between the weirwoods and the dire wolves.

Yeah that's something I've been thinking about. I'm assuming that the creators are imagining that wolves have similar vision to dogs? The vision certainly corresponds to that shown for dogs on this website: http://www.pawsitive.../dog_vision.asp

Loved how the weirwood leaves popped out. Whether that's how they're supposed to pop from a wolf's perspective or not, it certainly suggested a link between the weirwoods and the dire wolves.

I was thinking more along the lines of "green dreams". (edit) And I don't think the colours are the same as in that link, the comet was still red for a start.

I loved it. I felt cheated in season 1 when we saw the crow dreams. I wanted to see flying scenes above Westeros. Maybe the budget has gotten bigger, or have better writers this season?

I think they have to start showing wolf dreams because they're so important for Bran, Jon and Arya in particular. I wonder if they'll show any for Robb and Rickon.

Was it a dream, or was it Bran warging into Summer?

Isn't that how warging works? I assumed they did it while they where asleep and took control of them in their dreams...

Isn't that how warging works? I assumed they did it while they where asleep and took control of them in their dreams...

Yes I think so. Jon can feel Ghost when he's awake, but warging seems to happen when they're asleep. Bran and Jon are aware of their wolf dreams, though, they seem to know what they are - Bran especially. Arya doesn't seem to have made the connection between her wolf dreams and Nymeria - not even after Nym found Cat's body.

Archived