[TWoW Spoilers] Tyrion I

Ran

From thremnir, his brief report can be found here. An excerpt:

They assume Dany will return on the third dragon and speculate about rescuing the three hostages - Daario, the eunuch and the horse boy - and delivering them to Meereen thereby changing sides a second time but claiming that they only pretended to change sides before so as to learn the Yunkish plans.  Just as Tyrion is about to win the cyvasse game Jorah bursts in with news of black sails in the bay (ironborn ships) flying dragon banners.

Lots of funny moments in this chapter. Brown Plum Ben is disturbed by the sounds of the trechbuts that keep flinging Pale mare. nice description of some of the bodies flying through the air and some larms seperating. I think I counted the names of 7 Trenchbutts. Penny is alive but sleeping. Tyrion is expecting Danny to return with Drogon. I'm not sure the othr sell swords do.

Tyrion is bluffing that he's about to win the cyvasse game.

The Sell swords are considering changing sides Brown Plum Ben is worried Danny will kill him. and he's worreid about the Volantins? fleet arriving.

There was suggestions that the 3 hostages may be loaded onto the threanchbutts soon.

then the Ironborn fleet sails are seen.

(this was the second Chapet George read the first was Victorian one) I think its obvious the Victorian one happens first.

erm thats about it.

puts end to alotta speculation about Daario and the others already been catapulted into Mereen.The Yunkish should be done for but i dont think it will be so clear cut as that.Btw was this a chapter George had already finished by Dance or a new one?

Sounds like Tyrions back to his funny best!Thanks for the notes!

Can't wait to see Vic and crew go to work on the wise masters. A meeting between him and Ser Barristan will be most interesting. There is no way he will open the gates to Vic and his horde, but he knows that Dany needs sea power. I wonder how GRRM will handle the convergence of so many characters (Dany, Barry, Vic, Tyrion and Archmaester Marwyn), and not to forget the grey sheep's assassin.

and not to forget the grey sheep's assassin.

Isn't that speculation by Marwyn? The maesters may have send one of their own, but the conclusion that they would want to harm Dany and/or her dragons is from Marwyn and not yet confirmed by a more independent source.

Can't wait to see Vic and crew go to work on the wise masters. A meeting between him and Ser Barristan will be most interesting. There is no way he will open the gates to Vic and his horde, but he knows that Dany needs sea power. I wonder how GRRM will handle the convergence of so many characters (Dany, Barry, Vic, Tyrion and Archmaester Marwyn), and not to forget the grey sheep's assassin.

Something bigs bound to happen-too many egos crowding in together with armed men everywhere.I cant see Vic getting on with any of them except for possibly Dany.Him and Barristan may have a mutual respect for eachother for their respective skills at arms.Tyrions mouth could get him into trouble with the lot and out of trouble with Dany.But your forgetting about the Big Bear Mormont

Something bigs bound to happen-too many egos crowding in together with armed men everywhere.I cant see Vic getting on with any of them except for possibly Dany.Him and Barristan may have a mutual respect for eachother for their respective skills at arms.Tyrions mouth could get him into trouble with the lot and out of trouble with Dany.But your forgetting about the Big Bear Mormont

Mormonts are not overall fond of Ironborn, Jorah is even less fond of other men around Dany, Vic and Jrah better never spent any time in one room. Anyway, I'm glad we know what was Tyrion's plan, though it will probably change with Vic coming. Oh and Daario apparently still lives...

Mormonts are not overall fond of Ironborn, Jorah is even less fond of other men around Dany, Vic and Jrah better never spent any time in one room. Anyway, I'm glad we know what was Tyrion's plan, though it will probably change with Vic coming. Oh and Daario apparently still lives...

True true.Im hoping for a Daario Vic showdown.If Jorahs to stay around Dany hes gunna have to learn to hold his tongue a bit

Isn't that speculation by Marwyn? The maesters may have send one of their own, but the conclusion that they would want to harm Dany and/or her dragons is from Marwyn and not yet confirmed by a more independent source.

From Marwyn via AFFC, we learn that it was the Archmaesters of the Citadel that killed all of the Targaryen dragons through poison. They also confined Maester Aemon to the wall instead of raising him to Archmaester. Being an Archmaester himself, I think Marwyn knows the mind of his brothers. The Citadel is building a world based on science and technology and not myth and superstition. The Targs and their dragons had to go. We can only guess at just how much the grey sheep have been shaping events in Westeros.

This is interesting indeed. Ser Barristan knows that Dany cannot be hindered by foolish/childish trysts as he has seen the great harm that can come of it. He knows she needs a great lord by her side, so he is certainly against Daario and Jorah and more likely to support Vic. Vic can do for Daario and Jorah with ease, and Barry will likely facilitate such an outcome.

I fully expect Dany to fall for Vic (Drogo 2.0) as he is her type. Vic will bring the iron fleet (10,000 men), sea power, transportation back to Westeros and the rest of the iron born once Euron has been dealt with.

Question - Is there any place where we can get the full chapters read (or a full summary)? I did read the brief summaries referenced by Ran in post #2 above, but wanted more (!). For example, Ice Turtle mentioned "I'm glad we know what was Tyrion's plan", so I'm wondering "what plan, what plan?" Sorry to be so out of the loop!

Interesting news.

Thank you all for your reports !

I fully expect Dany to fall for Vic (Drogo 2.0) as he is her type.

:ack: :stillsick:

I hope not... I won't be able to read the Meereen chapters if it does happen..

This is interesting indeed. Ser Barristan knows that Dany cannot be hindered by foolish/childish trysts as he has seen the great harm that can come of it. He knows she needs a great lord by her side, so he is certainly against Daario and Jorah and more likely to support Vic.

Barristan would never support Iron Born. He fought against them and knows he can't trust them. Especially those like Victarion who believe firmly in the Old Way.

He will be forced to use their help. But reluctantly.

From Marwyn via AFFC, we learn that it was the Archmaesters of the Citadel that killed all of the Targaryen dragons through poison.

He didn't offer any proof of that, though.

They also confined Maester Aemon to the wall instead of raising him to Archmaester.

Didn't Aemon ask to serve at the Wall?

The Citadel is building a world based on science and technology and not myth and superstition. The Targs and their dragons had to go.

Since the Targs and their dragons exist, they are obviously not myth and superstition. Science would dictate study of the dragons, not killing them! In fact, some scholars did just that, as Tyrion tells us about the existence of books detailing the lifes and anatomy of dragons.

Question - Is there any place where we can get the full chapters read (or a full summary)? I did read the brief summaries referenced by Ran in post #2 above, but wanted more (!). For example, Ice Turtle mentioned "I'm glad we know what was Tyrion's plan", so I'm wondering "what plan, what plan?" Sorry to be so out of the loop!

Hopefully someone has taken some good notes of the Tyrion extract reading, and we merely await his (or her) return home from Eatercon to type them up.

Tyrion thinks Dany would view him favourably as he has killed her most dangerous enemy - Tywin

Unfortunately I've read only short description too, what I was referring to was:

They assume Dany will return on the third dragon and speculate about rescuing the three hostages - Daario, the eunuch and the horse boy - and delivering them to Meereen thereby changing sides a second time but claiming that they only pretended to change sides before so as to learn the Yunkish plans.

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it was Tyrion's plan how to change sides (Benn doesn't seem clever enough besides having good reason not to run to Dany) , because that it's what he was planning to do in his last chapter in ADwD and ever since reading ADwD I wondered how.

Archived