Upcoming Cover Art IV

RedEyedGhost

Out of curiosity, what covers do you like? I like the Mieville ones but I know a lot of people hate them.

I do like the Meiville covers, as linked by you, even if i hate the author and think he's a wanker.

I really like the covers for Glen Cook's books, as done by Raymond Swanland. I enjoy Abercrombie's book covers, at least those done in the original style with the maps, swords, and blood, not the "newer" ones.

Lets see here: In the Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss has a good cover, even though the book is utter shit. Tolkien has a wide range of good book covers. Some of the covers for Stephen Kings the Gunslinger are simply awesome. The Unremembered had a great cover even if the book was the worst thing published in the last twenty years, save for perhaps Goodkind, and a ringing dismissal of the notion that published books are good and self-published are bad. (I'm thumbing my balls at you, Myshkin.)

N.K. Jemisin has some awfully nice covers for the Dreamblood books, even though i have not had a chance to read them yet.

G.G. Kay also tends to have great covers, especially for his masteful work, Under Heaven. I enjoyed the shit out of that book.

Archived